Buffalo Sabres vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

smokinandjokin

I felt this information was so important, it needed it's own thread:

Here's some info that should help all you Leaf fans see the light. This is taken from the '06-'07 Sabres Media Guide, which can be found here. You may need to sign up as an "Insider" which is free.

All time records, BUF vs. TOR head-to-head:

Buffalo leads the all-time series 76-50-18; BUF 541 goals for, 409 against

The teams have met once in the playoffs, with the Sabres dominating the Leafs 4 games to 1 in the 1999 Eastern Conference Finals.

In Buffalo (Aud and HSBC), Sabres are 47-20-6 with 299 goals for, 189 against

In Toronto (MLG and ACC), Sabres are 29-30-12 with 242 goals for, 220 against

Sabres' record vs. the Leafs in HSBC Arena (since it opened in 1996): 15-4-3

So what were you saying about your 11 cups, but nothing since 1967?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Hart Winner....1955 Ted Kennedy Toronto Maple Leafs

Last Norris Winner..Never

Last Vezina Winner..1965 Johnny Bower

Terry Sawchuk Toronto Maple Leafs

Last Calder WInner...1966 Brit Selby Toronto Maple Leafs

Last Art Ross Winner...1938 Gordie Drillon Toronto Maple Leafs

;):wub::devil:

Last  Norris Winner..Never

;)  :wub:  :devil:

823957[/snapback]

Center of the Hockey Universe, my a$$

Last  Norris Winner..Never

:P  :wub:  :devil:

823957[/snapback]

;) Chumps!

Toronto Maple Leafs- Buffalo's B word since 1970.

Ironically, 1970 was the last time the Sabres sold out a game on their own.

824006[/snapback]

Because there were boatloads of Atlanta Thrashers fans there the other night?

I love that that's all you got. And I love when the Leaf fans invade the HSBC- it makes for a great atmosphere. And a long, sad ride home on the Quewy!

Because there were boatloads of Atlanta Thrashers fans there the other night?

I love that that's all you got.  And I love when the Leaf fans invade the HSBC- it makes for a great atmosphere.  And a long, sad ride home on the Quewy!

824007[/snapback]

And I love the fact that Sabres fan just dismiss the Maple Leafs Stanley Cup victories because they're way in the past, but will take the rivalries overall record to prove their point.

Just a tad hypocritcal.

I like watching the games in Buffalo, there's none of those clunky Stanley Cup banners to block my view of the game.

Ironically, 1970 was the last time the Sabres sold out a game on their own.

824006[/snapback]

Seriously man, Thats all you got?

Go to Sabres.com and try to get some tickets, they have a link where you can see whats available for the remaining home games. Almost every game is single ticket only with 2 having multiple tickets and a couple more with limited seating.

Take away the corproate suits that fill the lower level of the ACC and see how well you fill that arena. Most Leafs fans can't get in cause they can't afford to pay the ticket price (not their fault, not many others could either), thats why they try to fill opponents arenas to watch their team lose

And I love the fact that Sabres fan just dismiss the Maple Leafs Stanley Cup victories because they're way in the past, but will take the rivalries overall record to prove their point. 

824011[/snapback]

Nobody's dismissing your Cups. You have the banners to prove you won them, even if the games were played on a frozen pond somewhere.

What is the problem with taking the overall record? You claim your Cups validate your team's greatness, but my team wasn't around to stop you from winning them. It seems, since the Sabres have been around, they've absolutely owned the Leafs. And, since the Sabres have been around, they have the exact same amount of Cup banners as the Leafs, and two more conference titles.

But you're right, why would you ever look at head-to-head record when comparing two teams? Sit on dad's lap and have him tell you how shiney the Cup looked in 1967, before the big bad Sabres came into the league and starting tossing your sorry-ass team around.

Seriously man, Thats all you got?

Go to Sabres.com and try to get some tickets, they have a link where you can see whats available for the remaining home games. Almost every game is single ticket only with 2 having multiple tickets and a couple more with limited seating.

Take away the corproate suits that fill the lower level of the ACC and see how well you fill that arena. Most Leafs fans can't get in cause they can't afford to pay the ticket price (not their fault, not many others could either), thats why they try to fill opponents arenas to watch their team lose

824012[/snapback]

Are you sure you want to debate economics between Toronto and Buffalo???

Nobody's dismissing your Cups.  You have the banners to prove you won them, even if the games were played on a frozen pond somewhere.

What is the problem with taking the overall record?  You claim your Cups validate your team's greatness, but my team wasn't around to stop you from winning them.  It seems, since the Sabres have been around, they've absolutely owned the Leafs.  And, since the Sabres have been around, they have the exact same amount of Cup banners as the Leafs, and two more conference titles.

But you're right, why would you ever look at head-to-head record when comparing two teams?  Sit on dad's lap and have him tell you how shiney the Cup looked in 1967, before the big bad Sabres came into the league and starting tossing your sorry-ass team around.

824014[/snapback]

The Leafs have done a great job at sucking by themselves without the Sabres help thank you very much.

Just a tad hypocritcal.

I like watching the games in Buffalo, there's none of those clunky Stanley Cup banners to block my view of the game.

824011[/snapback]

There is a difference, because the stats that were brought up of the rivalries overall record are stats of BUFFALO vs. TORONTO.

Toronto's Cup wins came at a time when Buffalo could not win any cups because they weren't a team yet. Its not an even playing field to debate because the Sabres haven't had as many chances to win the cup as the Leafs since Buffalo never got to play back in the Days of the original 6. I don't get whats so hard to comprehend in this? ALL the Leafs Cups came before the Sabres even had a chance to play for one

There is a difference, because the stats that were brought up of the rivalries overall record are stats of BUFFALO vs. TORONTO.

Toronto's Cup wins came at a time when Buffalo could not win any cups because they weren't a team yet. Its not an even playing field to debate because the Sabres haven't had as many chances to win the cup as the Leafs since Buffalo never got to play back in the Days of the original 6. I don't get whats so hard to comprehend in this? ALL the Leafs Cups came before the Sabres even had a chance to play for one

824019[/snapback]

You might have a point if the Sabres had a cup since 1970....

By the way, I do think you were scammed by Brett Hull...I'm somewhat sympathetic....I stress somewhat.

824015[/snapback]

Who's debating economics, you were saying Buffalo can't sell out their arena, and I was proving they could. I also stated that the majority of the lower level tickets are owned by corporations who give the tickets to clients and employees who don't pay for them. I also said that tickets to a Leafs game is alot more expensive and the average fan can't afford toattend a game there, thats why they try to get tickets to a Buffalo game because its more affordable.

I know the economy in Toronto (New York Canada) is a hell of alot better then the economy in Buffalo. I am Canadian and live not to far from Toronto. I live in Leaf Country and know alot of Leafs Fans

824015[/snapback]

This is another part of the rivalry that I LOVE! Leafs fans sweat Toronto so hard (it's a fantastic city, btw, I do like it there a lot) and they consider Buffalo to be nothing but a run-down, decrepid, second-class town. And they can't fathom that their fancy, big time team from their great city HAS NO CHANCE of beating that bankrupt, low-class, no-name team from schitty Buffalo.

HAHAHAHAHA- Suck on it!

You might have a point if the Sabres had a cup since 1970....

By the way, I do think you were scammed by Brett Hull...I'm somewhat sympathetic....I stress somewhat.

824023[/snapback]

Why would I only have a point if Buffalo has won a cup since 1970? Last time I checked, The Leafs don't have one since then either. My comments aren't being used to put me above Leafs fans, they are to bring the Leafs fans down to the same level. so a rational hockey discussion/debate can be had. I find 99% of all Leafs fans only answer in a debate is comparing cup wins

Its ok, I think even Brett Hull knows it wasn't a goal :devil: