Interesting Move by Philly

D_House

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2647220

In a rare move, Patterson agreed to a contract extension with the Philadelphia Eagles 24 games into his NFL career. The Eagles extended their 2005 first-round choice by rewarding him with a seven-year, $32 million extension that could be worth $37 million based on incentives and escalators.

This is really surprising to me. It seems awfully early.

the eagles like to lock up their young players early...they did the same thing with Shawn Andrews last year and numerous other players getting them at reasonable salaries now rather then wait and have to overpay or lose them

the eagles like to lock up their young players early...they did the same thing with Shawn Andrews last year and numerous other players getting them at reasonable salaries now rather then wait and have to overpay or lose them

823911[/snapback]

seems like a good philosophy. maybe the bills should try it out. lee evans has been solid, and he's a third year player. i'd like to see him remain a bill for a long time.

seems like a good philosophy.  maybe the bills should try it out.  lee evans has been solid, and he's a third year player.  i'd like to see him remain a bill for a long time.

823919[/snapback]

They did it with Peters, and locked him up before he got too expensive.