Romo article

Orton's Arm

Just because I find your sig. line fairly meaningless(the second bit).

COWBOYS picks in rounds 3 - 7

2001 picks: no current starters

2002 picks: no current starters

2003 picks: Jason Witten (3rd round), Bradie James (4th round)

2004 picks: no current starters

2005 picks: Chris Canty (4th round)

PATRIOTS picks in rounds 3 - 7

2003 picks: Asante Samuel (4th round), Dan Koppen (5th round)

2005 picks: no current starters

DOLPHINS picks in rounds 3 - 7

2003 picks: no current starters

2005 picks: Channing Crowder (3rd round), Travis Daniels (4th round)

Oh yeah, Romo......1 game & he's the new Brady. Give it 3 weeks & we'll see.....he might be great(I hope not...I hates the 'Boys)....but he might be like so many other flashes in the pan.

Just because I find your sig. line fairly meaningless(the second bit).

The point I'm making is that TD messed up either by a) not allocating enough rounds 1 & 2 picks to the OL, or b) not doing well enough in rounds 3 - 7. One or the other. Maybe both.

I agree it's too early to call Romo anything more than a one game wonder. But I just get the sense this guy might amount to something.

The point I'm making is that TD messed up either by a) not allocating enough rounds 1 & 2 picks to the OL, or b) not doing well enough in rounds 3 - 7. One or the other. Maybe both.

823583[/snapback]

Like I said....the first part is fine.....the OL was ignored.

The second bit seems to be pretty average. I didn't pre-select teams that would compare....I picked the Cowboys due to Romo....the Patriots because they are our best divisional rival & the Dolphins because they are our worst. The picks for all four teams are quite comparable. If I had time I'd randomly grab a few more and see but I'm pretty certain most teams will have a similar number of starters from rounds 3-7 in those years.

I know what you mean....but the evidence just doesn't support your theory.

The second bit seems to be pretty average.  I didn't pre-select teams that would compare....I picked the Cowboys due to Romo....the Patriots because they are our best divisional rival & the Dolphins because they are our worst.  The picks for all four teams are quite comparable.  If I had time I'd randomly grab a few more and see but I'm pretty certain most teams will have a similar number of starters from rounds 3-7 in those years.

823603[/snapback]

You may be right in saying that TD's performance in rounds 3 - 7 was par for the course. I don't know one way or the other.

Partly, my sig is a response to people who make the claim that TD didn't neglect the offensive line. These people will point to some pick in round 4 or 6 or whatever, and to them that's at least a good faith effort. If that's how they want to look at it, fine. But the implication there is that those picks in rounds 3 - 7 have a fair amount of value. If that's what these people are implying, then in order to be consistent they have to say that TD messed up by only finding one starter in rounds 3 - 7 over the course of five years.

The second bit seems to be pretty average.  I didn't pre-select teams that would compare....I picked the Cowboys due to Romo....the Patriots because they are our best divisional rival & the Dolphins because they are our worst.  The picks for all four teams are quite comparable.  If I had time I'd randomly grab a few more and see but I'm pretty certain most teams will have a similar number of starters from rounds 3-7 in those years.

823603[/snapback]

Don't bother. He doesn't understand this.

I've made the same points in the past, and he just makes up crap as to why this isn't the case.

What I get from that article is that you can never underestimate the power of the superior mindset. It's what separates winners from losers, IMO. Tiger Woods has a great physical game...no question about it. But the reason why he's so tough to beat is because he's mentally stronger than the other guy. Tom Brady has the mental edge. Michael Jordan had the mental edge. Drew Bledsoe lacks it (sorry, just had to throw that in there).

We had the discussion a week or so ago about "IT"? Well "IT" is the mental edge. If Romo has that, he'll win a lot of games for the Cowboys.

Don't bother.  He doesn't understand this.

I've made the same points in the past, and he just makes up crap as to why this isn't the case.

826311[/snapback]

If you go back and reread this thread, you'll see that I'm open to the idea that TD's performance in rounds 3 - 7 is par for the course. No, I don't feel you've conclusively proven your case, but neither has your case been disproven.

What I get from that article is that you can never underestimate the power of the superior mindset. It's what separates winners from losers, IMO. Tiger Woods has a great physical game...no question about it. But the reason why he's so tough to beat is because he's mentally stronger than the other guy. Tom Brady has the mental edge. Michael Jordan had the mental edge. Drew Bledsoe lacks it (sorry, just had to throw that in there).

We had the discussion a week or so ago about "IT"? Well "IT" is the mental edge. If Romo has that, he'll win a lot of games for the Cowboys.

826329[/snapback]

I completely agree. On the one hand, it's easy for a sportswriter to make a player look good. But in this case--based on Romo's performance on the field as well as on articles like this--he's starting to look like a real quarterback. A player who has the mental edge you described.

I completely agree. On the one hand, it's easy for a sportswriter to make a player look good. But in this case--based on Romo's performance on the field as well as on articles like this--he's starting to look like a real quarterback. A player who has the mental edge you described.

827300[/snapback]

When you hear Romo talk (which I've only done a total of ONCE lol), you get the sense that he's just been preparing his arse off behidn the scenes until his moment came. He's a hungry player...you get that impression almost immediately. I think it was also clear that he forces himself to be humble in his words, even though inside that brain of his he's KNOWING....not thinking, but KNOWING he's good. I hate the Cowboys, but I have to admit that I like this guy....he's got balls, and I'm pretty sure he's got game.

What book did he read this week? How to lose an important game in your own division when the team you're playing sucks?

827373[/snapback]

:flirt:

If I were Parcells, I'd cut vanderjagt....the guy SUCKS!

When you hear Romo talk (which I've only done a total of ONCE lol), you get the sense that he's just been preparing his arse off behidn the scenes until his moment came. He's a hungry player...you get that impression almost immediately. I think it was also clear that he forces himself to be humble in his words, even though inside that brain of his he's KNOWING....not thinking, but KNOWING he's good. I hate the Cowboys, but I have to admit that I like this guy....he's got balls, and I'm pretty sure he's got game.

827328[/snapback]

I really wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uniform. Don't see that in the cards though. ;)

I said he has looked good..are you going to disagree or just recycle a not funny TBD catch phrase...

836400[/snapback]

I wasn't speaking specifically to you, I’m talking about the thread as a whole. Are you going to disagree with the fact that there is at least one thread per week saying how a different young QB looks great even though he only has a few starts to his name?

Not to mention I didn't bring the "IT" part into the discussion, it was already in this thread, hence my response.

As for your question, yeah he’s looked good in his limited playing time. The thing about limiting playing time is that it makes you either look much better or much worse than you actually are since the sample size is so small. Let the guy play a few seasons and see where he’s at. People just have the need to jump to conclusions before there is enough evidence to make a valid judgment. That is what my “not funny” (it wasn’t supposed to be funny, btw) statement was alluding to.