Weather on NYS thruway

aussiew

So I'm flying in to Rochester cause I couldn't get reward seats into Buffalo. Arriving tomorrow at 4:15pm and driving over to Tonawanda.

Anyone have any idea what kind of driving conditions I'm going to encounter? The weather report doesn't sound good, but I know that rain/snow bands can be very narrow.

This wimp has been living in the South too long and is a little scared.

So I'm flying in to Rochester cause I couldn't get reward seats into Buffalo. Arriving tomorrow at 4:15pm and driving over to Tonawanda.

Anyone have any idea what kind of driving conditions I'm going to encounter? The weather report doesn't sound good, but I know that rain/snow bands can be very narrow.

This wimp has been living in the South too long and is a little scared.

823512[/snapback]

I'm making the drive from Rochester to Buffalo on the Thruway tomorrow evening also. The forecast doesn't seem too ominous. Mix of rain and light snow. It will probably be spotty, like you said.

The good news is it was 70 degrees here on Tuesday so the roads are still pretty warm. We had a short burst of snow here this evening, got about a half inch on the ground, but the roads remained clear.

You know I thought of you today...

did you see who's running in the Breeders Cup at 20-1?

AUSSIE RULES......

Aussie's info....

find an OTB and put the mortgage on her!

I'll be in Tonawanda on Saturday AM. Not the mortgage, but I'd risk $20 on my namesake. Where can I place a bet?

You guys are tough!  :w00t:

Thanks for the pep talk Wraith.  I hope I don't catch the bastage ticket writer near the Corfu exit.

823558[/snapback]

Speed traps between Rochester and Buffalo:

Mile Marker 381 (but usually only heading East)

Mile Marker 400 (trees in median)

Mile Marker 407 (trees in median)

Often a cop sits in the rest area at Mile Marker 414 too.

Somehow the worst weather is usually around Batavia :D