Evangelical Leader Ted Haggard Quits

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, everyone seems to be assuming his denial is a lie. Not sticking up for the guy, but could the accuser be lying?

823849[/snapback]

Interesting concept, but we do live in an "innocent until the media tells us otherwise" nation.

So an alcoholic has no authority to tell others to stay away from alcohol? A drug abuser has no authority to tell others to stay away from drugs?

Are you sure this guy was "embracing" his experiences, or do you think there is a possibility they were torturing his mind even while he was doing them?

Human beings are weak and do a great many things they know to be wrong, even to the point of rationalizing them as good. Mental illness comes in all shapes and sizes. Maybe instead of condemning this poor guy we should be more sympathetic, or do you only save your sympathy for fellow liberals?

823817[/snapback]

I think the right analogy is a guy preaching abstinence from drugs & alcohol, and then heading out to the local watering hole for a vodka binge and an 8-ball to relax after a hard day of work.

It's not like he was talking about gay issues from the standpoint of a "recovered" homosexual.

Of course, everyone seems to be assuming his denial is a lie. Not sticking up for the guy, but could the accuser be lying?

823849[/snapback]

Rocky Mountain News

Haggard, 50, initially denied the allegations, telling 9News Wednesday night that "I've never had a gay relationship with anybody, and I'm steady with my wife. I'm faithful to my wife."

But KKTV in Colorado Springs reported that New Life Associate Senior Pastor Ross Parsley told a meeting of church elders Thursday night that Haggard had met with the church's overseers earlier in the day and "had admitted to some indiscretions."

Parsley told the elders that Haggard had said some of the allegations were true, but not all of them.

I'm the one that needs to wake up?  :devil:

Go learn about the media, story selection, profits, money, chain of command, etc  Here's a hint - the media picked this story up because theres little to no investigative journalism required, meaning its cheap, and its a story that will sell. 

Why do you think Fox News picked it up, then?

823796[/snapback]

Stop. Feeding. This. Troll.

823849[/snapback]

If the accusations are totally baseless, why the resignation?

Doesn't a resignation tend to give the accuser more credibility?

Are you sure this guy was "embracing" his experiences, or do you think there is a possibility they were torturing his mind even while he was doing them?

I've never had sex with a gay male prostitute so it would be kinda tough to say. Does one normally feel guilt when getting some hot man ass?

If the accusations are totally baseless, why the resignation?

Doesn't a resignation tend to give the accuser more credibility?

823892[/snapback]

I'm not saying he didn't pay someone for sex, and the evidence SEEMS pretty damning, especially in light of his resignation. Butt ( :devil: ) it is possible that his denials are accurate. Of course if he admitted to some indiscretions, that is basically an admition of guilt, but everyone here had the guy pegged as having done the deed before that info came to light.

I'm not saying he didn't pay someone for sex, and the evidence SEEMS pretty damning, especially in light of his resignation. Butt ( :devil: ) it is possible that his denials are accurate. Of course if he admitted to some indiscretions, that is basically an admition of guilt, but everyone here had the guy pegged as having done the deed before that info came to light.

824002[/snapback]

Well, he's using the "I paid for the drugs but didn't use them" and the "It was only a massage" line.

I'm straight and drug-free...honest!

The Rev. Ted Haggard admitted Friday he bought methamphetamine and received a massage from a gay prostitute who claims he was paid for drug-fueled trysts by the former head of the National Association of Evangelicals.

"I bought it for myself but never used it," Haggard told reporters gathered outside his home. "I was tempted, but I never used it."

Haggard, 50, said he never had sex with Mike Jones, a 49-year-old Denver man who raised the allegations this week.

Haggard said he received a massage from Jones after being referred to him by a Denver hotel.

There you go. Three years of buying methamphetamines (that you never used) from your gay masseuse. What's not to believe?

I'm not saying he didn't pay someone for sex, and the evidence SEEMS pretty damning, especially in light of his resignation. Butt ( :wub: ) it is possible that his denials are accurate. Of course if he admitted to some indiscretions, that is basically an admition of guilt, but everyone here had the guy pegged as having done the deed before that info came to light.

824002[/snapback]

Is the denial Clintonian? I mean is it really cheating on your wife if all you had was a little speed and a rub and tug. Is a rub and tug sex? These are good questions for the pastor. :devil:

Is the denial Clintonian? I mean is it really cheating on your wife if all you had was a little speed and a rub and tug. Is a rub and tug sex? These are good questions for the pastor. :devil:

824038[/snapback]

If there is a God and he's enjoying this hypocrisy as much as the rest of us, then these are the types of "hard"-hitting questions that will get bounced around in the MSM until the next Guardian of the Righteous falls from their perch on high.

I see that Foley was due to end his 30-day rehab assignment, but he's been stuffed back into the closet for another 30 days. I guess he's still an alcoholic. :wub:

Well, he's using the "I paid for the drugs but didn't use them" and the "It was only a massage" line.

I'm straight and drug-free...honest!

There you go.  Three years of buying methamphetamines (that you never used) from your gay masseuse.  What's not to believe?

824009[/snapback]

You are missing the point though. All of this came to light well after everyone made their judgements. I'm not saying the judgements were wrong (and in light of RECENT statements it would appear they were not) but everyone jumped to conclusions about the guy prematurely.

Most anytime you hear someone moralizing with vigor, bear in mind the axiom that "We hate about others what we hate most about ourselves.'

The louder they shout, the more hypocritical they are.

823395[/snapback]

Very true.

This guy sounds like a true POS. Nice to see him ruined.