Christmas music has started in Syracuse

Just Jack

When should Christmas music start to be played  

35 members have voted

1. 1. When should Christmas music start to be played

• Christmas music should be on 24/7
    • After Halloween is fine
    • Not until after Thanksgiving
    • A Christmas song once in a while between Thanksgiving and Christmas is fine
    • Christmas? Bah humbug!

Sunny 102 in Syracuse started playing around the clock Christmas music on Wednesday. While I like Christmas music, I think this is to soon. I know I'll be tired of it by early December is I listen to it alot this early. So when's a good time for radio stations to start playing it?

Back in Richmond the local "lite" station starts playing Christmas music after Thanksgiving. I had the office change the radio to another station because we all felt it was toooo early for non-stop Christmas music, unfortunatly for the "lite" station we never went back to it after the holidays.

The only reason IMHO these stations play Chrsitmas music non-stop is so that the listeners will get into the spirit early and spend money at the advertisers businesses.

Funny thing though, these stations all stop playing Chrsitmas (holiday) music on the 26th of December. I'd think they'd play it until at least January 1st.

Last week, Sears had Christmas yard decorations for sale. :angry:

A supermarket near me had a few small Christmas stockings for sale. The woman putting them out said they were in the back room since August! :P

Last week, Sears had Christmas yard decorations for sale. :angry:

A supermarket near me had a few small Christmas stockings for sale. The woman putting them out said they were in the back room since August! :P

822906[/snapback]

I don't mind so much the stores putting out stock, I can just avoid certain areas if I go shopping.

Anytime after the first snow! :angry:

822828[/snapback]

Speaking of which...

The Lake Effect machine has cranked it up again - started about 30 minutes ago, and the ground is already covered in Lancaster.

As for X-Mas, I'd like to move the actual date up to October - the earlier we get it outa the way, the sooner I can head for Fiji!

Looks like driving is pretty bad out there now. I hate this white crap!