Borat!

Chilly

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to not post how much you liked it. :wub:

I can't wait to get out of work and go see it!

824120[/snapback]

There are no words..... :devil:

Haha, that good eh? :devil:

824144[/snapback]

You know how you go into a film expecting to really like it? Every blue moon it exceeds expections, sometimes you like it as much as you thought you would, and then more often than not it's not quite as good as you expected.....at least that's how it is for me. Well, with this film my expectations had more to do with this guy just busting out crazy all over the place than they did "good" or "bad". And in terms of what I expected him to do - and believe me, I expected some crazy schitt! - he definitely exceeded my expectations, lol.

Just re-watched season 2 on DVD...it's crazy the lengths he goes to make people believe it's real.  With Borat, he said he wears the same suit and hasn't washed it for years so it reeks of BO.  Also the pad he carries around, he actually writes on it but he writes in hebrew (I believe) to make it look legit to the average person.  Plus, he said that his filming schedule (at least for the TV show) depended on the growth of his hair.  Once he did Bruno, he would have to wait for his hair and mustache to grow back in before he would do Borat and Ali G.

He's a genius, but like I mentioned in another thread, this movie will be bittersweet because it will probably be the end of Borat.  He won't be able to get his schtick over on just anyone anymore.  So hopefully it is a great movie, which I can't believe it won't be.

824097[/snapback]

I saw some interviews w/ the actual Sacha Baron Cohen - not in character - and he said it takes him 6 weeks to grow the moustache for Borat. I hadn't heard that he wears the same suit and doesn't wash it though, that's awesome.

Duh - obviously this movie will have no appeal in "Middle America" but alot in "Big Cities". Last I checked, big cities = lots of people, middle America (to quote Borat) - not so much. Few people that live in those areas would "get" it, and I'm sure many would be grossly offended. Their loss!

And the writer obviously has not seen Da Ali G Show, otherwise he/she would know that Borat is one of the three characters on it. The writing makes it seem like Borat was created only for this movie. But of course I may be reading too much into it since I'm eagerly anticipating seeing it myself!

Duh - obviously this movie will have no appeal in "Middle America" but alot in "Big Cities".  Last I checked, big cities = lots of people, middle America (to quote Borat) - not so much.  Few people that live in those areas would "get" it, and I'm sure many would be grossly offended.  Their loss!

And the writer obviously has not seen Da Ali G Show, otherwise he/she would know that Borat is one of the three characters on it.  The writing makes it seem like Borat was created only for this movie.  But of course I may be reading too much into it since I'm eagerly anticipating seeing it myself!

824267[/snapback]

Da heck ya waitin' for?

Just got back from seeing it - CRAZY!!!

There were parts where I hurt from laughing. There were parts where I couldn't help say, in full voice, "oh no - no way!".

How he stayed in character through some of that is amazing - the anly other comedian I've ever seen stay that true to a character is Andy Kaufman and he's generally regarded as a genius.

Wow - that's all I can say - wow!

You know how you go into a film expecting to really like it? Every blue moon it exceeds expections, sometimes you like it as much as you thought you would, and then more often than not it's not quite as good as you expected.....at least that's how it is for me. Well, with this film my expectations had more to do with this guy just busting out crazy all over the place than they did "good" or "bad". And in terms of what I expected him to do - and believe me, I expected some crazy schitt! - he definitely exceeded my expectations, lol.

824150[/snapback]

sort of like Amsterdam :w00t:

...he definitely exceeded my expectations, lol.

824150[/snapback]

Movies never live up to the hype and this was 1000 times better than anything I could have anticipated. I've never heard a movie theatre respond to a scene like "the" scene in this movie. It was a combination of laughter, horror and complete shock. Bravo Sasha, bravo.

Movies never live up to the hype and this was 1000 times better than anything I could have anticipated.    I've never heard a movie theatre respond to a scene like "the" scene in this movie.  It was a combination of laughter, horror and complete shock.  Bravo Sasha, bravo.

824288[/snapback]

I'm usually not all that animated in a public theater, but even I was just coming out of my chair and putting my hand up to my mouth during "the" scene, lol.....

I'm usually not all that animated in a public theater, but even I was just coming out of my chair and putting my hand up to my mouth during "the" scene, lol.....

824294[/snapback]

*********SPOILER ALERT*********

That sh-- was wild...the B&B scene almost made my piss myself though. When he threw money at the roaches I was crying....