Borat!

Chilly

Oh.  :angry:

822743[/snapback]

You haven't seen Goodfellas?? That's one of the greatest gangster flicks of all time! Come on over....we'll fire it up :P

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo!  I'm going at 9:40pm here in Austin.

Anyone else have their tix yet?

822338[/snapback]

It will be interesting to see if this is a movie that gets "old" after the schtick wears off. In small doses, it looks like it could be very funny.

Click for some video and text

Kind of like a PG-13 Jacov Smirnoff.

Yes, he did.

Thank you for the link.  :angry:

I just don't memorize movies as well as some of you do, I guess.  :P

823045[/snapback]

My pleasure - I'm sure he didn't mean to insult you, but you better hurry up and see the movie, 'cause that's also a line...

DeNiro (as Jimmy Conway) : "You insulted him a little."

Pesci: "Na, I didn't insult no one."

DeNiro: "Yeah you did. You insulted him. A little bit."

(It's one of those classic guy movies, like Caddyshack, or The Godfather - we memorize every line! :P )

I think Bruno is the weakest of the characters...I like the Ali G part the best.  I almost pissed myself when he asked a Catholic priest if he had ever gotten anyone pregnant...and when he said no, he asked if it was because he wore a rubber or shot blanks.

:angry:

822989[/snapback]

I love the Ali G character - my favorite was the interview with Marlin Fitzwater, where he asks Fitzwater if Hillary is a lesbian. :P

This one was a classic as well...

Woohoo!  I'm going at 9:40pm here in Austin.

Anyone else have their tix yet?

822338[/snapback]

8:00 show tomorrow night in Tyngsboro, MA - can't wait!

The early reviews, as collected by rottentomatoes.com are very good - the critics seem to really like it (93% fresh rating).

So Universal payed 23.5 million just for the rights?

That just can't be, can it? Is there a link? I can't find one at my normal spots.

823271[/snapback]

I saw it on MSN news yesterday, Universal outbid everyone else and are paying 43.5 million for the movie that will start filming next summer.

He should give half to Matt Stone, half of the "South Park" duo.  Stone told him that Ali G and Borat were too well known to make mockumentaries anymore and that he should make a film about Bruno next.

823343[/snapback]

Theres no way Cohen would have figured that out without Matt Stone's help!