Borat!

Chilly

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish someone would have encouraged Matt Stone to leave Steve Irwin out of his South Park episodes....I love the South Park guys and I know they love being cutting edge and controversial, but while I think someone like Mel Gibson is a perfectly ripe target, sometimes you should let good taste win out over "cutting edge" and controversial. Lord knows there is plenty of material for them to sink their teeth into.....why ya gotta be insensitive asssholes?

Doubtful.  Most artists try to recreate the magic of a successful movie with a usually disappointing sequel.  And Cohen was actually thinking of how to do another Borat movie.

823365[/snapback]

He figured out that he did enough Ali G movies and people would recognize him.

Why the hell wouldn't he have done that with Borat? :D

I wish someone would have encouraged Matt Stone to leave Steve Irwin out of his South Park episodes....I love the South Park guys and I know they love being cutting edge and controversial, but while I think someone like Mel Gibson is a perfectly ripe target, sometimes you should let good taste win out over "cutting edge" and controversial.  Lord knows there is plenty of material for them to sink their teeth into.....why ya gotta be insensitive asssholes?

823368[/snapback]

that was their point of having Steve Irwin on there tho :D, saying that it was too soon to be picking on him, by throwing him out of the party

that was their point of having Steve Irwin on there tho  :w00t:, saying that it was too soon to be picking on him, by throwing him out of the party

823560[/snapback]

Hmmm.....they failed to mention that in the article I read :D

I'd have to see the episode to know how I felt about it then, but when I saw the images in the article I thought it was in poor taste. I think it's fine to pick on people when they do something stupid, but when it's a tragedy and the person has family who are still in mourning, I just think you should leave it alone.

Take Stern, for example. There are times when I'd listen to his show and just bust out laughing....I couldn't get enough, and I thought there was some REAL talent among his cast of characters. But then one day I hear him making bullet sounds while talking about the murder of Selena.....like the DAY after it happened. These guys don't need to be THAT cutting edge....they are plenty talented enough to focus on the hundreds of other topics going on that could be just as controversial.

Okay, off soap box. Your point is well taken....I need to see the episode, I guess....

He was on the Daily Show tonight. Moderately funny, IMO.

823588[/snapback]

I loved it when they were interviewing John Bockadow, and he said....

"Grab the vote by the claw, and throw it down a hole" in a clear reference to the Borat country music skit.

He was on the Daily Show tonight. Moderately funny, IMO.

823588[/snapback]

I find doing the interviews he starts to repeat some of the commetns or jokes he makes during other interviews. Although the reaction he gave Jon Stewart when Jon said he was Jewish was great.

The SNL starting was great

"Here is my son, and this is his wife, she has no name cause she is a girl"

I have also heard soundbytes from the Conan interview on Shredd and Reagan yesterday, like when he asks Conan if he can harvest his "Pubis" because in his country, red ones are worth more then diamonds, or Conan asks him about the naked fight he has with his producer and he asks if he had any problems with Millions seeing him naked and he tells him no because he has a "glorious penis". He then asks Conan if he has a glorius one and conan tells him no and that he touched it last time he was on the show. He then says yeah I remember, it wasn't glorius

FYI - Jack Garner, who rates it a 9 of 10,  is an old fart.  :devil:

823816[/snapback]

Kinda pissed off about the number of screens showing it in Rochester. Two on opening night, although I did just score tickets for tonights 7:30 show.

Kinda pissed off about the number of screens showing it in Rochester.  Two on opening night, although I did just score tickets for tonights 7:30 show.

823937[/snapback]

Fox dropped it from 2000 theaters to 800 because they thought the movie wouldn't do well. :devil:

Next week it opens at the originally intended 2000 theaters.

I find doing the interviews he starts to repeat some of the commetns or jokes he makes during other interviews. Although the reaction he gave Jon Stewart when Jon said he was Jewish was great.

823820[/snapback]

It was classic. The only part of the bit I really liked.

Just re-watched season 2 on DVD...it's crazy the lengths he goes to make people believe it's real. With Borat, he said he wears the same suit and hasn't washed it for years so it reeks of BO. Also the pad he carries around, he actually writes on it but he writes in hebrew (I believe) to make it look legit to the average person. Plus, he said that his filming schedule (at least for the TV show) depended on the growth of his hair. Once he did Bruno, he would have to wait for his hair and mustache to grow back in before he would do Borat and Ali G.

He's a genius, but like I mentioned in another thread, this movie will be bittersweet because it will probably be the end of Borat. He won't be able to get his schtick over on just anyone anymore. So hopefully it is a great movie, which I can't believe it won't be.