Very Cool "Lost" Theory

slothrop

just a quick question...why did they spend roughly half a season on the tail group just to have them all killed off this quickly?

822923[/snapback]

So they could make room for the new hot blonde and brazillian guy from the front half of the plane. :angry:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0760989/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0763928/

IMO, I believe Eko finally forgave himself and that meant his time on the Island was no longer necessary. The same went for all of the others that have passed. Once they've dealt with their problems or seen the errors of their ways they were killed off.

822782[/snapback]

Thats what I think too. He finally dealt with his inner demons.

I still think this is some sort of Virtual Reality psychological experiment. Eko came to grips with his turmoil and his part of the experiment is over.

Just a theory.

Thats what I think too.  He finally dealt with his inner demons.

I still think this is some sort of Virtual Reality psychological experiment.  Eko came to grips with his turmoil and his part of the experiment is over.

Just a theory.

823188[/snapback]

Kind of like my theory? :angry:

THough, as this thread would indicate, I am becoming partial to the "Redemption of Television" theory.

IMO, I believe Eko finally forgave himself and that meant his time on the Island was no longer necessary. The same went for all of the others that have passed. Once they've dealt with their problems or seen the errors of their ways they were killed off.

822782[/snapback]

Really?

How is this explained vis-a-vis the pilot? And Kelvin --- what was the success of his 'therapy'?

just a quick question...why did they spend roughly half a season on the tail group just to have them all killed off this quickly?

822923[/snapback]

That's something I wondered about too. Maybe the writers are just offing the characters who get arrested for DUI in Hawaii, one by one....

Kind of like my theory?  :w00t:

THough, as this thread would indicate, I am becoming partial to the "Redemption of Television" theory.

823211[/snapback]

Yes, actually I've somewhat agreed with your theory for quite awhile now. :D

822923[/snapback]

Could be that the tail group survivors all had stories that stalled. Or to stir up the drama that comes with death the writers offed secondary characters? Who else is boring? Charlie, Claire, Bernard and Rose. Ana was interesting and if she was still with the show I am sure her presence would be a great counterbalance to Ben. But the actress probably was getting stir crazy on Maui and needed to let loose so the producers axed her. Having been to Oahu for seventeen days, I can relate.

As I see it, I don't know why Ben hasn't killed more of the survivors. I do wish the survivors were more pressing as to why the others have done what they done. There are certainly some basic plot voids that need to be addressed... In February! Gag!

Between Lost and reality tv, Lost clearly wins. Dancing with the stars just doesn't work for me. Reality tv does not do it. Until February, I guess I could go back to my coloring books! :P

Alternative Lost prediction:  Its really an F-ing TV show and all of the characters are actually actors who have real lives off the set, and the point is to somehow trick the gullible into watching it for years on end without any idea of what the hell is going on and make a lot of money selling commercials!!

822359[/snapback]

Bingo! Exactly why i stopped watching...

The first season was brilliant. They have gone so far from that its ridiculous. I'm sure at this point the producers have NO idea how this will all tie together, because right now it's such a cluster-!@#$ that it can't be tied together without years of shows.

LOST was great. Now its a joke.

Kind of like my theory?  :rolleyes:

823211[/snapback]

I fear that Lost reflects life in that it is confusing and possibly pointless.

The audience (and this forum) splits into adherents of faith (in the storyteller) and adherents of reason (for whom the jury is still out -- way, way, effin' out).

Enjoy the ride but prepare for disappointment.