Very Cool "Lost" Theory

slothrop

Alternative Lost prediction: Its really an F-ing TV show and all of the characters are actually actors who have real lives off the set, and the point is to somehow trick the gullible into watching it for years on end without any idea of what the hell is going on and make a lot of money selling commercials!!

Alternative Lost prediction:  Its really an F-ing TV show and all of the characters are actually actors who have real lives off the set, and the point is to somehow trick the gullible into watching it for years on end without any idea of what the hell is going on and make a lot of money selling commercials!!

822359[/snapback]

Do you go out of your way to be a douche or is it just natural?

Alternative Lost prediction:  Its really an F-ing TV show and all of the characters are actually actors who have real lives off the set, and the point is to somehow trick the gullible into watching it for years on end without any idea of what the hell is going on and make a lot of money selling commercials!!

822359[/snapback]

Right, because movies, TV, books, and music can't have any deeper meaning. :P:P:lol:

822359[/snapback]

Did your mom not hug you enough when you were little?

Is that in response to the theory or the dickhead that posted the first reply?

822420[/snapback]

A little from Column A, a little from Column B.

That theory page went a little over my head. I don't see how anyone can go making those kinds of predictions, nor why they bother. It's a TeeVee show. Watch. Discuss what has happened if you want --- I sure do --- but trying to sum up the entire arch of the show.... it's like people saying that they think, for sure, Harry Potter is going to die in the final book (and in terms of where Lost is, saying this four books ago). There's not really a point to discuss something that hasn't happened yet. And also, if it is right, they just ruined it for everyone. ...I hate it when people just can't be satisfied unless they know everything now, now, now. They should find a different show. And that's all I got to say about that.

So tonight.... Wow. Continuing this season's theme of showing the darker sides of the people we came to know and like.

The monster reappears. And can we assume that it is what assumes the form of other characters --- specifically, Christian Shepard when Jack saw him in 'White Rabbit'? Will he be back? It also seems that it appears to different people in different ways, as Locke said it was a beautiful light.

As to Eko's story, some things to point out....

1) When he was at the streamside, I knew this was what he would do.... as he drank the water, he brought it up to his mouth as he was looking around. It's a story in the Bible about an army of Israelites who drank at a river and those who put their faces directly in the water were killed; those who did as Eko were saved.... Goes into being aware of your surroundings.

2) The stone at the entrance to the plane... metaphor for the stone at the entrance of Jesus' tomb?

3) We also now know why Eko started building the church. He "owed Yemi" one. I thought those last words would be something about finishing it.

In the Jack storyline, there's a powerplay in the Others' camp. Is Juliet someone to really trust? Ben's whole 'You got me; you weren't supposed to find out like this...' speech was pure canard.

That theory page went a little over my head. I don't see how anyone can go making those kinds of predictions, nor why they bother. It's a TeeVee show. Watch. Discuss what has happened if you want --- I sure do --- but trying to sum up the entire arch of the show.... it's like people saying that they think, for sure, Harry Potter is going to die in the final book (and in terms of where Lost is, saying this four books ago). There's not really a point to discuss something that hasn't happened yet. And also, if it is right, they just ruined it for everyone. ...I hate it when people just can't be satisfied unless they know everything now, now, now. They should find a different show. And that's all I got to say about that.

So tonight.... Wow. Continuing this season's theme of showing the darker sides of the people we came to know and like.

The monster reappears. And can we assume that it is what assumes the form of other characters --- specifically, Christian Shepard when Jack saw him in 'White Rabbit'? Will he be back? It also seems that it appears to different people in different ways, as Locke said it was a beautiful light.

As to Eko's story, some things to point out....

1) When he was at the streamside, I knew this was what he would do.... as he drank the water, he brought it up to his mouth as he was looking around. It's a story in the Bible about an army of Israelites who drank at a river and those who put their faces directly in the water were killed; those who did as Eko were saved.... Goes into being aware of your surroundings.

2) The stone at the entrance to the plane... metaphor for the stone at the entrance of Jesus' tomb?

3) We also now know why Eko started building the church. He "owed Yemi" one. I thought those last words would be something about finishing it.

In the Jack storyline, there's a powerplay in the Others' camp. Is Juliet someone to really trust? Ben's whole 'You got me; you weren't supposed to find out like this...' speech was pure canard.

822663[/snapback]

I think the island killed Eko because he failed to see the error of his ways. As such, he was seen by the island as a failure and was terminated. This would also feed into his last words to John. As has been hypothesized before, the island brings people in to exercise their demons and make rights of their wrongs. In Eko's case, it didn't work out so his case was terminated.

In the Jack storyline, there's a powerplay in the Others' camp. Is Juliet someone to really trust?

I think the whole "Ben has cancer" storyline is a means of testing Jack. If he succumbs to baser instinct and kills Ben, he fails the test and the "island" takes him, ala Eko. If he holds to his medical oath and does the caduceus proud, he passes the test and no harm comes to him.

822359[/snapback]

You are right ... and you get criticized for it.

I think the island killed Eko because he failed to see the error of his ways.  As such, he was seen by the island as a failure and was terminated.  This would also feed into his last words to John.  As has been hypothesized before, the island brings people in to exercise their demons and make rights of their wrongs.  In Eko's case, it didn't work out so his case was terminated.

822674[/snapback]

IMO, I believe Eko finally forgave himself and that meant his time on the Island was no longer necessary. The same went for all of the others that have passed. Once they've dealt with their problems or seen the errors of their ways they were killed off.

IMO, I believe Eko finally forgave himself and that meant his time on the Island was no longer necessary. The same went for all of the others that have passed. Once they've dealt with their problems or seen the errors of their ways they were killed off.

822782[/snapback]

Except Eko said he had nothing to feel sorry for or nothing needing forgiveness.

You are right ... and you get criticized for it.

822705[/snapback]

maybe I'm wrong...Maybe its not a TV show at all, but a message from God to all watching the show and each show reflects character defects that we might have and suggests ways we can come to terms with our defects and become one with the universe....oh...wait a minute...that was "Gilligan's Island."!

822359[/snapback]

:angry::P:P:P

<cleaning coffee off monitor >

maybe I'm wrong...Maybe its not a TV show at all, but a message from God to all watching the show and each show reflects character defects that we might have and suggests ways we can come to terms with our defects and become one with the universe....oh...wait a minute...that was "Gilligan's Island."!

822816[/snapback]

Mary Anne was a gift from God fur sure.

I think that if Eko (whoeverthefughemightbe) were on Gilligan's island he would relate to Lovie the closest.

Apparently we are Lost when it comes to understanding the deeper meaning behind the show. Truely sad for us. :angry:

That theory page went a little over my head. I don't see how anyone can go making those kinds of predictions, nor why they bother. It's a TeeVee show. Watch. Discuss what has happened if you want --- I sure do --- but trying to sum up the entire arch of the show.... it's like people saying that they think, for sure, Harry Potter is going to die in the final book (and in terms of where Lost is, saying this four books ago).

822663[/snapback]

I don't think the theory was a "prediction." Rather the theory was trying to answer the question: "what is this show about?" I think that question is a valid question to try to answer - why watch if you are just an automaton sitting in front of the tube taking in the plot literally? I think the writers are asking for critique and analysis. That is what makes this show different than the other mindless crap on television today. And that is what the "Redemption of TV" theory says "LOST" is criticizing.