Colts at Patriots this Sunday night

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady: 265 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT

Givens, Branch, and Brown all had 50+ yards receiving.

Dillon had 70 total yards

Vinatieri had 3 XP

Colvin, Samuel, Vrabel, Bruschi, McGinest, Hobbs all played

Who was injured? Give me a break.

So what is the excuse for them losing by 10 points to the team that Indi beat by 3?

822296[/snapback]

Their secondary was ravaged--besides Hobbs, who was a rookie, who played? It was Bruschi's first or second game back, I forget. Did Seymour even play -- noticed he was missing from your list. Other players were banged up New England was killed by injuries last season; let's not pretend that didn't happen.

Colts are NE's b1tch. One fluke game against an injury-ravaged team doesn't change that. Do it again, I say.

So what is the excuse for them losing by 10 points to the team that Indi beat by 3?

822296[/snapback]

Why do they need an excuse? They're 6-1. Nobody's perfect.

Plus, if you want an excuse, try Brady hadn't gotten used to his new receivers yet. Seems like he was in tune with them Monday night. I'm hardly guaranteeing this game or anything. But I want to see Indy beat a full-strength NE before I EVER pick them against the Patriots.

I think the media love affair with this '06 New England team is a little premature.  They were dominant on Monday night, but that was against the same Vikings team who lost to the lowly Bills just a few short weeks ago.  I don't see beating the Vikings as the reason to believe the Pats are the truth.  However, a win vs. Indy would solidify their position as the team to beat in the AFC.

822164[/snapback]

I don't know about media love affair. Every single time this team loses a game everybody wants to say "zomg they're done". Blowout road wins in Cincy & Minnesota are awfully impressive, regardless of how anyone wants to spin it.

Agree with everything Ozy has said. Also I just wanted to say that I was right in August about NE being the most underrated team and Miami the most overrated in the NFL.

The Colts will win, Peyton Manning just had an incredible performance against what is being reffered to as the "league's best defense" and on the road to add to it. Peyton will finally lead these guys into Foxborough and come away with the win.

I hate these two teams BTW and I wish there was a way both could lose...

Pats win at home, Peyton folds another big game, and the refs make sure the deal will go NE way.  Oh, and Belichek will look like a homeless man again.  What is it with that guy?

822320[/snapback]

I think the Colts will win easily 40-21. This Peyton's year. Brady is not that good.

Does anyone remember NE going into Denver and losing by 10 points? Ok. Now does anyone remember the Colts going into Denver last week and winning/breaking Denvers long home winning streak?

822234[/snapback]

Obviously that means the Colts will win! :P

Wow, whoever says the Pats weren't ravaged by injuries last year is out-and-out clueless. Dillon was hurt all year, if I remember correctly he missed the Colts game. Harrison was out. Bruschi was coming back from a stroke and wasn't up to speed. I think seymour was out. The secondary was in shambles... Hobbs was forced to start as a rookie, and its not like he began the year starting so he didn't have many games under his belt yet.

As for the Denver game in week 3... it is now week 9. I really wish they were facing off in week 14 or something, the deeper the Pats get into the season the better they get. Don't tell me you didn't see the difference between the week 1 and week 7 games against the Bills, where they won by 2 and 22, respectively.

The Pats had no passing attack back then. All they had was a running game against the best run d in the AFC. Also, the Colts weakness is the run d so week 3 pats would still have had some success against them. The Pats were also still giving up the big plays on d back then, something they have eliminated in recent games. I'm not making an excuse for the loss, I'm saying that referencing it doesn't really get you very far.

Enough defending the Pats. I am sick of the sudden pats love: they went from "lost too much" to "best in the afc" way too fast. I think the mediots are trying to make up for being stupid by going overboard. If the colts win this weekend they'll go back to fellating Peyton.

Manning and the Colts offense looked great on Sunday. The d looked bad. I am concerned about stopping Manning but I remember feeling the same way before the Pats beat them in the past. This one can go either way, here's hoping the patriots end up on top.

The difference between the Pats D and the Denver D is that the Pats d-line can generate consistent pressure, something the Denver d-line has struggled with while still being a very good overall defense. Denver's back 7 is awesome but even they will get torched by Peyton if he's not feeling pressure, which is what happened. New England's defense is just a better matchup for Indy than Denver.

Why do they need an excuse?  They're 6-1.  Nobody's perfect.

Plus, if you want an excuse, try Brady hadn't gotten used to his new receivers yet.  Seems like he was in tune with them Monday night.  I'm hardly guaranteeing this game or anything.  But I want to see Indy beat a full-strength NE before I EVER pick them against the Patriots.

822406[/snapback]

Would you like to make a wager on who wins? I would love to take your money.

$20 on Indi. You up for it?