Colts at Patriots this Sunday night

The Colts try to complete the ultimate double by winning on the road at Denver, and then travelling to Foxboro a week later and winning another. A Patriots win would put them at 7-1, tied for the conference lead, and probably give them an inside track to homefield advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.

I think the media love affair with this '06 New England team is a little premature. They were dominant on Monday night, but that was against the same Vikings team who lost to the lowly Bills just a few short weeks ago. I don't see beating the Vikings as the reason to believe the Pats are the truth. However, a win vs. Indy would solidify their position as the team to beat in the AFC.

We all know Manning's history vs. the Pats. He has been an unstoppable QB until he runs into Belichick and the New England defense, and he suddenly looks like a happy-footed rookie. But that performance in Denver, against possibly the best defense in the NFL, was nothing short of incredible. He was automatic and in complete control of the game. Was there ever any doubt when the Colts got the ball with 1:50 left that they were going to get into FG position?

It should be a burner, but something tells me New England wins, and covers the three-point spread. The Colts gave up 227 rushing yards (180 in the 2nd half alone!) and still managed to win against Denver. I have a feeling, after basically abandoning the rushing attack on Monday night, that the Patriots come out and run Dillon left and Maroney right, chewing up clock and keeping Manning on the sideline as they thrash the Colts weak run defense. Brady makes the plays he needs to, and Manning throws a costly 4th quarter pick. Perhaps the refs help the Pats out once or twice, too hehehe. But that's for another thread...

30-24 New England

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is Peyton's year. The Pats have already lost at home to the Broncos, but if there is one thing that the Pats can exploit, it is the Colts run D which is pourous. Mike Bell gouged them last week in a losing effort.

It will be a high scoring close game, much like the Broncos game, but I like the Colts, 38-35, with Vinatieri kicking a GW FG as time expires.

Most people on this board are in love with the Patriots, so Im guessing most will say NE.

I on the other hand think the Colts will win this one. Does anyone remember NE going into Denver and losing by 10 points? Ok. Now does anyone remember the Colts going into Denver last week and winning/breaking Denvers long home winning streak?

The Colts are well-rested (bye week just 1 week ago) and I think they will take it too the Patriots.

Tons of people will probably talk about the Colts and Peyton's problems dealing with the Patriots. Well if you dont remember history very well, Peyton and Co. had problem with the dominant Patriots of 2-4 years ago. The Patriots team that had Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crenell, and Ty Law. This Patriots team will NOT have those 3 key aspects this time around. In fact since those people have left the team, Indi is 1-0 against the Patriots ... beating NE by 19 points (40-21) last year (BTW: that was IN New England also)

People will then probably bring up that Indi has lost Edgerin James ... well if those people didnt realize. Edgerin James at this point last year has the pretty much EXACT ammount of yards as Addai and Rhodes have now. Their has not been one slight decrease from last year to this year.

Colts - 31

Patriots - 28

P.S. The Colts scored 34 points on the Broncos defense which is better than NE's.

Peyton and Co. had problem with the dominant Patriots of 2-4 years ago. The Patriots team that had Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crenell, and Ty Law. This Patriots team will NOT have those 3 key aspects this time around.

822234[/snapback]

By far the most important piece still remains. The Genius. Bill Belichick.

I'd be surprised if Indy beat a healthy NE team this year. And they wouldn't stand a chance if it were December.

By far the most important piece still remains.  The Genius.  Bill Belichick.

I'd be surprised if Indy beat a healthy NE team this year.  And they wouldn't stand a chance if it were December.

822272[/snapback]

Belichek does not go out and make the plays....Tom Brady and Seymour do....Give credit to those guys.

His team wasn't close to healthy then.  They are now.

822287[/snapback]

Brady: 265 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INT

Givens, Branch, and Brown all had 50+ yards receiving.

Dillon had 70 total yards

Vinatieri had 3 XP

Colvin, Samuel, Vrabel, Bruschi, McGinest, Hobbs all played

Who was injured? Give me a break.

So what is the excuse for them losing by 10 points to the team that Indi beat by 3?

Well, the pats will prolly pull the game our of their azz. :P

822306[/snapback]

Depends. Is Marvin Harrison going to be called for phantom offensive pass interference calls? Is Dallas Clark going to catch a ball, take 4 steps, fumble it out of bands and have it be called incomplete? Who knows. We must watch and see what the refs do next!

Depends. Is Marvin Harrison going to be called for phantom offensive pass interference calls? Is Dallas Clark going to catch a ball, take 4 steps, fumble it out of bands and have it be called incomplete? Who knows. We must watch and see what the refs do next!

822315[/snapback]

Because the Indy-Pitt playoff game proved the refs HATE the Colts... :P I was surprised the refs didn't put their arms up when Vanderjagt's kick sailed 30 yards to the right!