Darwin Award...

bills_fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, why is a TV show like Hogan's Heros ok?

824064[/snapback]

Never said it was ok, and often times I wonder how something like that got on the air without a huge uproar

I guess becuase it was so over the top and made the Nazi's look like complete bumbling idiots is the reason people saw it as a parady, not like some kid who just dressed as Hitler to go to school on Halloween

Never said it was ok, and often times I wonder how something like that got on the air without a huge uproar

I guess becuase it was so over the top and made the Nazi's look like complete bumbling idiots is the reason people saw it as a parady, not like some kid who just dressed as Hitler to go to school on Halloween

824099[/snapback]

And your avatar?

Your avatar is insulting to everyone with a real handicap.

824882[/snapback]

But...but...but...that's different! We're allowed to make fun of people in wheelchairs. Darin's, though, is tasteless, because we're not allowed to make fun of the mentally retarded. Just like we're not allowed to make fun of Hitler. ;)

Is anyone writing these rules down? They get so confusing at times.

But...but...but...that's different!  We're allowed to make fun of people in wheelchairs.  Darin's, though, is tasteless, because we're not allowed to make fun of the mentally retarded.  Just like we're not allowed to make fun of Hitler.  :unsure:

Is anyone writing these rules down?  They get so confusing at times.

824922[/snapback]

Your's is offensive too, bungee jumpers are people too!

But...but...but...that's different!  We're allowed to make fun of people in wheelchairs.  Darin's, though, is tasteless, because we're not allowed to make fun of the mentally retarded.  Just like we're not allowed to make fun of Hitler.  <_<

Is anyone writing these rules down?  They get so confusing at times.

824922[/snapback]

Actually mine doesn't make fun of people in wheelchairs, it actually would make me out to be an @sshole because i am taking away from people with disabilities their parking spots since I am not in a wheelchair and only in it for the parking.

Hey, i am trying to figure these rules out too, So rule one is Hitler and the Holocaust were hilarious.

I'm still waiting on the answer on when 911 will be just as funny?

Or when school shooting will be laughable?

Or whos going to answer the question I asked about weither the dead soldier would be funnier if it was Canadian or British rather then American?

Actually mine doesn't make fun of people in wheelchairs, it actually would make me out to be an @sshole because i am taking away from people with disabilities their parking spots since I am not in a wheelchair and only in it for the parking.

Nice try at spinning it, but if you were handicapped and saw that avatar on an internet forum, would they know you a.) aren't handicapped and b.) aren't making fun of handicapped people?

(I think the avatar is funny personally, but there is no difference between that and the other things).

Hey, i am trying to figure these rules out too, So rule one is Hitler and the Holocaust were hilarious.

I'm still waiting on the answer on when 911 will be just as funny?

Or when school shooting will be laughable?

Or whos going to answer the question I asked about weither the dead soldier would be funnier if it was Canadian or British rather then American?

825787[/snapback]

You're completely missing the point. Making fun of something is all in the presentation of it.

Obviously Hitler and the holocaust in and of themselves aren't very funny things, and neither is the word "Jew", "handicapped", and other various things.

Its the way these things are presented which makes it funny.

Nice try at spinning it, but if you were handicapped and saw that avatar on an internet forum, would they know you a.) aren't handicapped and b.) aren't making fun of handicapped people?

(I think the avatar is funny personally, but there is no difference between that and the other things).

You're completely missing the point.  Making fun of something is all in the presentation of it.

Obviously Hitler and the holocaust in and of themselves aren't very funny things, and neither is the word "Jew", "handicapped", and other various things.

Its the way these things are presented which makes it funny.

825859[/snapback]

How did this kid present himself that made it humorous? He just showed up to school (twice) dressed as Hitler.

As for the Avatar, it says I'M just in it for the parking, making a joke about myself. How are they going to find it offensive, it doesn't say they are just in it for the parking or your just in it for the parking, it says I'm just in it for the parking.

How did this kid present himself that made it humorous? He just showed up to school (twice) dressed as Hitler.

Show me where I mentioned this kid?

I was talking about your assertion that Hitler, the Holocaust, 911, and other tragedies can't be funny:

Anyone who can find humor or parody in a tradgedy like WWII/The Holocaust, or terrorist attacks, or school shootings, etc is dispicable and needs to learn some decency.

As for the Avatar, it says I'M just in it for the parking, making a joke about myself. How are they going to find it offensive, it doesn't say they are just in it for the parking or your just in it for the parking, it says I'm just in it for the parking.

825989[/snapback]

If you were handicapped, and saw it, you could be offended that it is continuing the "offensive" parking lot jokes that lots of comedians like to tell. You could feel that while you need a close parking lot for a reason, and deserve one, lots of people are attempting to attack you for feeling handicapped.

What is funny to one is relative.