Darwin Award...

bills_fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, i stand corrected Hitler and the Holicaust is hilarious, When is 9/11 and the war in Iraq going to be as funny, I don't want to miss out on the laughs

822657[/snapback]

You still didn't tell me if handicapped people think your avatar is funny. :angry:

I don't know, not many posters on this board have commented on it

And I haven't heard any complaints anywhere else so I guess not

822814[/snapback]

So I guess it all depends on what you think is funny.

The kid wore the same Hitler outfit to school again... :angry:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11022006/news/..._john_doyle.htm

822871[/snapback]

I support his right to freedom of expression. I supported it yesterday. I support it today. If he wants to wear his costume tomorrow, I'll support it tomorrow.

Which is not to say the kid isn't a !@#$ing idiot. The kid is, in fact, a !@#$ing idiot. I just support his right to demonstrate it to everyone.

I support his right to freedom of expression. I supported it yesterday. I support it today. If he wants to wear his costume tomorrow, I'll support it tomorrow.

Which is not to say the kid isn't a !@#$ing idiot. The kid is, in fact, a !@#$ing idiot. I just support his right to demonstrate it to everyone.

Thats exactly where I stand on this issue.

David Gerber, 16, a Goldstein junior, said he was so enraged by Petryk that he took it out physically on him.

"I warned him, 'You're going to get beat up by every single Jew in this school,' and I personally kicked him,"

Gosh, he must have been beside himself with rage- he "kicked him'

Damn lucky the kid didnt get his eyes scratched out.

David Gerber, 16, a Goldstein junior, said he was so enraged by Petryk that he took it out physically on him.

"I warned him, 'You're going to get beat up by every single Jew in this school,' and I personally kicked him,"

Gosh, he must have been beside himself with rage- he "kicked him'

Damn lucky the kid didnt get his eyes scratched out.

823739[/snapback]

Why wasn't he laughing, it was just a parody, and Hitler is funny

Wow, i hope that kid gets his @ss kicked everyday he is still in school

That's the spirit. :devil:

If it wasn't so bad, How come he had to disquise it as a Charlie Chaplin costume?

See your first statement.

And apparently he is an honor student too

822051[/snapback]

Meaning?

He wore a costume to illicit a response. It worked, mostly because of all the "delicate" people being "raised" today.

Meaning?

He wore a costume to illicit a response.  It worked, mostly because of all the "delicate" people being "raised" today.

823791[/snapback]

Meaning, you would think the kid would have known better then to do something like that, usually kids who are honor students are supposed to be intellectual

He did do it to illicit a response, but according to him it was a parody, which would mean he expected a humorous response. Its not that people are being raised delicate today (although in some case I would agree with that statement, like the no tag rule at schools in Mass, and some other states) but its that there are some people in this world that were raised with respect and decency. This kid obviously missed that.

Maybe no one today cares because they didn't grow up in that time, or because it didn't happen in the US so it isn't important. I'm sure the millions of Jewish people he had killed would be laughing and see the humor in his portrayal.

Meaning, you would think the kid would have known better then to do something like that, usually kids who are honor students are supposed to be intellectual.

I don't think the two things are remotely similiar. Being an intellectual doesn't mean you steer away from controversy. Generally it means quite the opposite.

He did do it to illicit a response, but according to him it was a parody, which would mean he expected a humorous response. Its not that people are being raised delicate today (although in some case I would agree with that statement, like the no tag rule at schools in Mass, and some other states) but its that there are some people in this world that were raised with respect and decency. This kid obviously missed that.

Welcome to freedom of expression. "Freedom" is only that when it applies to the minority, not the overwhelming majority. Anything else is a bully pulpit.

Maybe no one today cares because they didn't grow up in that time, or because it didn't happen in the US so it isn't important. I'm sure the millions of Jewish people he had killed would be laughing and see the humor in his portrayal.

823814[/snapback]

Some people are going to be offended no matter what. I'm not disagreeing that what he did was in extremely poor taste but a much better response for everyone involved is to ignore it, rather than validate it.

823814[/snapback]

Again, why is a TV show like Hogan's Heros ok?