Darwin Award...

bills_fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were on the subway, and some kid dressed like hitler walked on, what would you think...bigot or sense of humor?

822248[/snapback]

Personally, I would think the kid was being funny. I am also not Jewish.

People have become all too sensitive today. Have you ever seen Carlos Mencia's stand-up or his show? He basis most of his comedy on this and it is hilarious.

The kid would have risked getting his @ss kicked because he has a different sense of humor then some people, not because he was a biggot.

822246[/snapback]

Ok, then lets try this little experiment, Go put on a KKK uniform and walk through the ghettos and explain to the people kicking your @ss that your not a biggot, you just have a sense of humor

I guess I have a different sense of humor then most people here, maybe I don't see the mass killing of a race and a crazy leader who was the reason behind WWII funny. Is the War in Iraq now something we can all laugh at too? MAybe next year all remember to go out for Halloween as Osama, or better yet a dead American soldier, it will be hilarious!!!!!!!!

I would think costume, but in really bad taste that will get his ass kicked.  My best friend is Jewish though so I might be biased.

822264[/snapback]

There's no law against wearing an utterly tasteless costume for Halloween. And there shouldn't be one for getting your ass kicked for it. The kid can quote "freedom of expression" all he wants...but that goes hand-in-hand with being responsible for your expressions, as well.

This overly-PC paranoia does go overboard sometimes, though. There's books I read in high school that nowadays would require a mandatory 1-week suspension in more than a few school systems, not because of the content of the books but because the covers had a swastika on them.

Ok, then lets try this little experiment, Go put on a KKK uniform and walk through the ghettos and explain to the people kicking your @ss that your not a biggot, you just have a sense of humor

I guess I have a different sense of humor then most people here, maybe I don't see the mass killing of a race and a crazy leader who was the reason behind WWII funny. Is the War in Iraq now something we can all laugh at too? MAybe next year all remember to go out for Halloween as Osama, or better yet a dead American soldier, it will be hilarious!!!!!!!!

822263[/snapback]

It is all about context.

1. KKK Costume - It depends. Me in a KKK costume, no, not funny. A black guy in a KKK costume, funny. (The Chapelle Clayton Bigsby Skit is one of the best)

2. A dead American Soldier will never, ever be something to laugh about.

3. Has enough time passed to dress as Osama for Halloween? I don't know. But apparently enough time has passed for him to be parodied on SNL, South Park, Family Guy, and an Eminem video without the American Public whining about it.

I really can't get angry about this stuff. I'm certainly not going to judge a person for a costume he/she wears on Halloween.

I dressed up as Roy Horn from Seigfried & Roy several years ago. It was about a month after the tiger attack. I had a super-gay silver jumpsuit, a super-gay sparkly gold vest, gelled up my hair, and attached a stuffed white tiger to my jumpsuit collar, with a little play blood thrown in for effect. It was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. Everyone loved it, except for one girl who called me the most classless person she's ever seen.

In the end, it's the one day where you can dress up and do whatever you want, even if (or especially if) it's in poor taste. The kid dressing up in the Hitler costume is a tool if he writes anti-Semetic magazines and goes to white power meetings. He's not a tool because he wore a costume. I dressed as Roy, and have nothing against ambiguously gay stage performers!

But he acknowledged that he made a decision to disguise himself as Charlie Chaplin with a bowler hat and cane on his way to school to avoid ruffling feathers on the street.

That pretty much says it all. If you're afraid to wear the costume outside of a controlled environment, you already know it's wrong.

Go put on a KKK uniform and walk through the ghettos and explain to the people kicking your @ss that your not a biggot, you just have a sense of humor

Like the opening scene from Die Hard 3, Bruce Willis in Harlem wearing a sign that says "I Hate !@#$s."

It is all about context.

1. KKK Costume - It depends. Me in a KKK costume, no, not funny. A black guy in a KKK costume, funny. (The Chapelle Clayton Bigsby Skit is one of the best)

822273[/snapback]

Well, was the kid Jewish? It only said his step father was so whats the Difference between a white guy dressed as a KKK member and what this kid did. And whats wrong if it was done on Halloween, its only a custome that was supposed to be funny

2. A dead American Soldier will never, ever be something to laugh about.

822273[/snapback]

Why not? Its funny to dress as a guy who had tried to take over the world and kill off an entire race of people, but not that? Is it that it is American? Would it be funnier if it was Brittish or Canadian?

I have a sense of humor and I watch shows like South Park, and Family guy, and the Chapelle Show, and SNL and I laugh at that stuff. But I'm sorry if I don't find any humor in some teenage kid going to school dressed as Hitler to get attention. Its not like he did something to the costume to show people that is was a parody (like when on SNL they came up with "Gay Hitler") This kid didn't even have the Balls to go to school dressed in his custome, he had to disquise his costume which means he knew it was wrong and knew people would take it the wrong way.

As for the celiberty costumes like Steve Irwin and Roy, I do see them as a little less offensive (but still in poor taste) because its not like the people who wore them were wearing them to his families house for a Halloween party or to a party where they were going to be photographed by the media (like Bill Maher did)

According to the story, some of the teachers at the school had family that suffered through the Holocaust, and I doubt they found it funny either

Well, was the kid Jewish? It only said his step father was so whats the Difference between a white guy dressed as a KKK member and what this kid did. And whats wrong if it was done on Halloween, its only a custome that was supposed to be funny

Why not? Its funny to dress as a guy who had tried to take over the world and kill off an entire race of people, but not that? Is it that it is American? Would it be funnier if it was Brittish or Canadian?

I have a sense of humor and I watch shows like South Park, and Family guy, and the Chapelle Show, and SNL and I laugh at that stuff. But I'm sorry if I don't find any humor in some teenage kid going to school dressed as Hitler to get attention. Its not like he did something to the costume to show people that is was a parody (like when on SNL they came up with "Gay Hitler") This kid didn't even have the Balls to go to school dressed in his custome, he had to disquise his costume which means he knew it was wrong and knew people would take it the wrong way.

As for the celiberty costumes like Steve Irwin and Roy, I do see them as a little less offensive (but still in poor taste) because its not like the people who wore them were wearing them to his families house for a Halloween party or to a party where they were going to be photographed by the media (like Bill Maher did)

According to the story, some of the teachers at the school had family that suffered through the Holocaust, and I doubt they found it funny either

822298[/snapback]

At the end of the day it all comes down to what you think is funny and what you think is not. What you think is crossing the line and what is not, and that is it.

By the way, how do you think that handicapped people feel about your avatar? Do you think they think it is funny?

At the end of the day it all comes down to what you think is funny and what you think is not. What you think is crossing the line and what is not, and that is it.

822313[/snapback]

Actually, at the end of the day it's all about whether or not one single person things is crossing the line, not what you think.

That's Modern America for you: if anyone's offended, everyone's offended.

Not necessarily because usually even though on the surface they are making a joke about something, it usually has a deeper message to it.

822255[/snapback]

So its okay to make a racist joke, as long as there is a deeper meaning?

Actually, at the end of the day it's all about whether or not one single person things is crossing the line, not what you think. 

That's Modern America for you: if anyone's offended, everyone's offended.

822336[/snapback]

I'm glad that the movie realm is the once place where that isn't the case.

Hey he was doing Chaplin in the Great Dictator!

apuszczalowski, get a sese of humor. I guess you also don't like Chaplin, The Three Stooges (Moe did a great Hitler), or Hogan's Heroes.

By the way, The Stooges were Jewish (Horowitz). Mel Brooks is Jewish (Kaminsky) And Werner Klemperer (Klink), Jon Banner (Schultz) , and the guy who played Hochstetter (the Gestapo guy) were Jewish. Klemperer stated he would quit on the spot if Klink ever got the upper hand on Hogan.

Robert Cleary (Le Beau) spent time in a concemtration camp and had a number tattooed on his arm. If they can laught at Nazis, you can too.