Darwin Award...

bills_fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was parody. Some people need to lighten up.

822142[/snapback]

Yes but there are some things you stay away from when parodying something and Hitler/the holocaust is one of those things.

WOuld you be so accepting if someone dressed up wearing a turbin and fake explosives and said they were a terriorist, or showed up with a pocket knife and said they're a 9/11 attacker, or threw on a trench coat and a shotgun and said they're one of the Columbine/school shooters? How about someone dressed up as an amish child with a bullet hole in their head and they could be one of the victims in that school shooting?

Like I said in a previous post in this thread, if there isn't a problem with it, why did he go in disquise as Charlie Chaplin and then rip it off to reveal the Hitler costume?

Yes but there are some things you stay away from when parodying something and Hitler/the holocaust is one of those things.

WOuld you be so accepting if someone dressed up wearing a turbin and fake explosives and said they were a terriorist, or showed up with a pocket knife and said they're a 9/11 attacker, or threw on a trench coat and a shotgun and said they're one of the Columbine/school shooters? How about someone dressed up as an amish child with a bullet hole in their head and they could be one of the victims in that school shooting?

Like I said in a previous post in this thread, if there isn't a problem with it, why did he go in disquise as Charlie Chaplin  and then rip it off to reveal the Hitler costume?

822189[/snapback]

As long as the guns/explosives weren't real, I don't have a problem with any of those HALLOWEEN COSTUMES. In case you didn't notice, people get dressed up on that holiday. Why is it wrong to dress up as Hitler (or, as you mentioned, an Amish school child with a bullet hole in their head), but it's fine to dress up like Steve Irwin with a stingray in your chest? Double standard because he's famous?

You expect crazy costumes like that on Halloween. If he came that way on Nov 1st or Oct 30th, you have a point. If costumes aren't allowed in school on the 31st, you have a point. Otherwise, I respectfully disagree with you.

As long as the guns/explosives weren't real, I don't have a problem with any of those HALLOWEEN COSTUMES.  In case you didn't notice, people get dressed up on that holiday.  Why is it wrong to dress up as Hitler (or, as you mentioned, an Amish school child with a bullet hole in their head), but it's fine to dress up like Steve Irwin with a stingray in your chest?  Double standard because he's famous?

You expect crazy costumes like that on Halloween.  If he came that way on Nov 1st or Oct 30th, you have a point.  If costumes aren't allowed in school on the 31st, you have a point.  Otherwise, I respectfully disagree with you.

822197[/snapback]

I never said the Steve Irwin one was appropriate either.

I don't expect crazy costumes like that.

Wearing a costume like that is inappropriate and very disrespectful, especially for a SCHOOL. That costume was not worn to be a parody (thats just an excuse to get out of trouble) it was done to get attention and create a controversy. Anyone willing to do what that kid did deserves any type of punishment or retaliation he gets.

Anyone who can find humor or parody in a tradgedy like WWII/The Holocaust, or terrorist attacks, or school shootings, etc is dispicable and needs to learn some decency.

Anyone who can find humor or parody in a tradgedy like WWII/The Holocaust, or terrorist attacks, or school shootings, etc is dispicable and needs to learn some decency.

822204[/snapback]

Someone should've told that to the creators of the popular TV show Hogan's Heros...

I know nothing!

822204[/snapback]

I guess everyone who watches South Park then is dispicable?

Like I said in a previous post in this thread, if there isn't a problem with it, why did he go in disquise as Charlie Chaplin  and then rip it off to reveal the Hitler costume?

822189[/snapback]

I guess you don't like The Producers (the original one) then.

Mel Brooks wanted to call it "Springtime for Hitler."

I never said the Steve Irwin one was appropriate either.

I don't expect crazy costumes like that.

Wearing a costume like that is inappropriate and very disrespectful, especially for a SCHOOL. That costume was not worn to be a parody (thats just an excuse to get out of trouble) it was done to get attention and create a controversy. Anyone willing to do what that kid did deserves any type of punishment or retaliation he gets.

822204[/snapback]

If it were during the Halocaust then I would agree. But as time has passed, and Hilter's own shortcomings and frail psychie have been revealed, the parody becomes more acceptable. (Just as it has in movies and television).

As far as disguising it on the subway, well if he is going to wear the costume at school he should have the balls to where is elsewhere. While I agree with it, I can't blame him. The kid would have risked getting his @ss kicked because he has a different sense of humor then some people, not because he was a biggot.

The kid would have risked getting his @ss kicked because he has a different sense of humor then some people, not because he was a biggot.

If you were on the subway, and some kid dressed like hitler walked on, what would you think...bigot or sense of humor?