Babs takes a cup

stuckincincy

What a tragedy! Babs will never make the Indiana Pacers squad unless she starts to take action... :P

"Concertgoer throws drink at Barbra Streisand

November 1, 2006

SUNRISE, Florida (AP) -- The funny girl wasn't laughing.

Barbra Streisand had a drink lobbed at her Monday after a mid-concert skit poking fun at President Bush.

Streisand's publicist, Dick Guttman, said a paper cup filled with some sort of liquid was thrown on stage but apparently did not hit Streisand during her second performance in this Fort Lauderdale suburb.

Streisand's manager, Martin Erlichman, said she shrugged off the incident and responded to the angry audience member by saying: "It's a free country and they're entitled to express their opinion."

It's at least the third time the skit, which includes a George W. Bush impersonator, has angered Streisand's audience. A heckler targeted her at the Philadelphia opening of her 20-city comeback tour, Guttman said, and Streisand made headlines with her response to a jeerer at Madison Square Garden last month."...

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/...e.streisand.ap/

What a tragedy! Babs will never make the Indiana Pacers squad unless she starts to take action...  :P

"Concertgoer throws drink at Barbra Streisand

November 1, 2006

SUNRISE, Florida (AP) -- The funny girl wasn't laughing.

Barbra Streisand had a drink lobbed at her Monday after a mid-concert skit poking fun at President Bush.

Streisand's publicist, Dick Guttman, said a paper cup filled with some sort of liquid was thrown on stage but apparently did not hit Streisand during her second performance in this Fort Lauderdale suburb.

Streisand's manager, Martin Erlichman, said she shrugged off the incident and responded to the angry audience member by saying: "It's a free country and they're entitled to express their opinion."

It's at least the third time the skit, which includes a George W. Bush impersonator, has angered Streisand's audience. A heckler targeted her at the Philadelphia opening of her 20-city comeback tour, Guttman said, and Streisand made headlines with her response to a jeerer at Madison Square Garden last month."...

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/...e.streisand.ap/

821887[/snapback]

Wonder where dib was on Monday night?

Free country and all, but you know the kind of message she peddles. Don't buy the fuggin ticket.

Wonder where dib was on Monday night?

Free country and all, but you know the kind of message she peddles.  Don't buy the fuggin ticket.

821897[/snapback]

I would have thrown something heavier.

I hate celebs that think just because they are famous, they feel they need to educate us on their political views during their performances. Just shut up and sing or get you fat, ugly old ass off the stage, no one cares that you don't like Bush. Last time I checked, during his State of the union addresses, he doesn't have a Striesand Impersonator come out and do a skit taking a shot at you (although that would make them bareable to watch) Just sing memories so the Blue hairs can go home happy and feel they got their $1,000 worth

I hate celebs that think just because they are famous, they feel they need to educate us on their political views during their performances. Just shut up and sing or get you fat, ugly old ass off the stage, no one cares that you don't like Bush. Last time I checked, during his State of the union addresses, he doesn't have a Striesand Impersonator come out and do a skit taking a shot at you (although that would make them bareable to watch) Just sing memories so the Blue hairs can go home happy and feel they got their $1,000 worth

821977[/snapback]

Many moons ago...before she came out of the closet as a drunk lesbian...I went to a Paula Poundstone stand-up show. She slung so much crap that I thought I was at a Gallager concert. I went to be entertained and left early because I wasn't paying to hear her political views. Prior to the concert I had no idea what to expect. With babs you know what you're going to get.

Saw U2 last year...their feelings about the environment and the state of the world are well known. Yet, I was entertained because they gave me what I came to hear. Great music. I buy their music and they are able to lend a little more to their causes.

Don't understand why the clebs do it, or why people go.

Many moons ago...before she came out of the closet as a drunk lesbian...I went to a Paula Poundstone stand-up show.  She slung so much crap that I thought I was at a Gallager concert.  I went to be entertained and left early because I wasn't paying to hear her political views.  Prior to the concert I had no idea what to expect.  With babs you know what you're going to get.

Saw U2 last year...their feelings about the environment and the state of the world are well known.  Yet, I was entertained because they gave me what I came to hear.  Great music.  I buy their music and they are able to lend a little more to their causes.

Don't understand why the clebs do it, or why people go.

821996[/snapback]

My arguement against that is, Someone like Babs does not sing and preform songs that are political or politcally charged, and when someone goes to hear her perform (still trying to figure out why people would) they are there to hear her sing, not sing and rant about the government. U2 is the same except I will give you the fact their music might be slightly more politcal. But still, I go (well not me personnally, I've never really been a huge U2 fan so i wouldn't pay the money for one of their tickets) to hear them perform their music, not to listen to Bono rant about politics.

I don't care what the performers believe in or do in their spare times, that is not what I payed my ticket price for, I payed to hear them perform their music. Just as an example, I wouldn't want to go see a concert with Ted Nuggent just to hear him talk about hunting and guns, I would go there to hear cat scratch fever (I personnally wouldn't but its an example). I also don't want to go see Metallica perform and hear James or Lars go on about illegal pirating of software (seen them many times after the Napster incident and never once did they preach about piracy and downloading) They come out, play their music and that is all.

As for Paula Poundschildren, I will give a stand-up more slack for that because that is what they do, get up on stage, talk about current events and make jokes.