Leafs vs Sabres..WHo will be there...

taterhill

I love coming to Buffalo to watch my beloved Leafs play the Sabres. It always gives me a chance to admire all those Stanley Cup winning banners that the Sabres have........ :angry:

Have you guys sold out a game yet??? Or do we have to come down there to show you what a sell out is?

After that trash talk, reality has set in and I know the Leafs can't bloody win in that rink to save their lives.......and why does the score always seem to be 5-2.

I at least respect the Sabres, it's Ottawa I can't stand.

Actually, it's usually 6-2.  All the Leafs fans tend to leave when it's 5-2 and they miss the empty-netter.  :angry:

823184[/snapback]

I was wondering why that was....thanks.

Pulling your goaling being down 3 is something a Toronto coach would do as well.

I'm hoping they play a good game.......the Leafs are a little faster this year so they should matchup better with the Sabres. Please note I said SHOULD!!!

I love coming to Buffalo to watch my beloved Leafs play the Sabres.  It always gives me a chance to admire all those Stanley Cup winning banners that the Sabres have........  :angry:

Have you guys sold out a game yet??? Or do we have to come down there to show you what a sell out is?

After that trash talk, reality has set in and I know the Leafs can't bloody win in that rink to save their lives.......and why does the score always seem to be 5-2.

I at least respect the Sabres, it's Ottawa I can't stand.

823175[/snapback]

Sabres vs Leafs game.....

Pa Announcer"Gordon...your lights are on the parking lot.." 3500 Leafs fans get up to check...

Actually, it's usually 6-2.  All the Leafs fans tend to leave when it's 5-2 and they miss the empty-netter.  :angry:

823184[/snapback]

where you sitting...I did some wheeling and dealing and we are in 112...I will be the guy in the white old school jersey and no pants..I may even bring the airhorn to the cobblestone...

where you sitting...I did some wheeling and dealing and we are in 112...I will be the guy in the white old school jersey and no pants..I may even bring the airhorn to the cobblestone...

823204[/snapback]

I think I'm 324 or 325, row 2.

Personally, I think the Leaf fans are great. There are plenty who are obnoxious but for the most part, these are by far the most exciting games to go to. A little friendly banter with the boys in the Wendell Clark jerseys is always good for a laugh. I was the celebrity of the section last year- two different Leafs fans bought me a beer after the 1st period, cause I was talking some schit and they were giving it right back. Good times.

Favorite memory of the first Leafs-Sabres game at HSBC last year:

I'm waiting in line to get a beer before the game, and there are two Leafs fans behind me with their funny accents.

The one guy says, "Oh man, I can't believe I threw up at Pearl Street" (a bar near the arena for you outta towners)

His buddy says, "No man, you threw up at Merlin's" (a bar on Elmwood)

The first guy replies, "Oh yah, I did. But I also threw up at Pearl Street."

Me and his friend both started cracking up.

I'm there.

I love that the Leafs are hanging close early on here.  It should make their crowd quite boisterous.  They must've gotten used to leaving the HSBC unhappy by now, wouldn't you think?

823169[/snapback]

I don't think "they" will have much of a crowd this year. This game for example was sold out to us season ticket holders without any going on sale to the general public I thought.

I know some people will be selling to Leaf fans and making out large on the deal.

But there will be at least 15,000 Sabre fans in the rink each time this year as opposed to the usual 10,000 Leaf fans and 8500 Sabre fans.

No matter what, the environment at these games is going to rock! :angry:

I don't think "they" will have much of a crowd this year. This game for example was sold out to us season ticket holders without any going on sale to the general public I thought.

I know some people will be selling to Leaf fans and making out large on the deal.

But there will be at least 15,000 Sabre fans in the rink each time this year as opposed to the usual 10,000 Leaf fans and 8500 Sabre fans.

No matter what, the environment at these games is going to rock!  :D

823229[/snapback]

Yeah, definitely won't be as many Wendell Clarks as usual. However, I'm sure a lot season tix holders will sell, like you said. If you sell all four of your Leafs games, you could probably pay for your seasons and a round or two of playoff tickets.

But, it should be about 70/30 Sabres fans rather than the usual 50/50 or even 55/45 Leafs fans.

I'm waiting in line to get a beer before the game, and there are two Leafs fans behind me with their funny accents.

823215[/snapback]

Funny accents???

We laugh everytime we hear the Lockport Gambino Ford guys attempt to speak English on their car lot.........

Sigh................

I just wish that someone would be smart enough to find a way to have a Leafs-Sabres Saturday night game, broadcast on Hockey Night in Canada coast-to-coast, being played at the Ralph.

80,000 hockey fans - could it get any better than that?

823279[/snapback]

NOW THAT....is a great idea!!!

It's about time the Ralph had a meaningful game played in it don't you agree???

(and yes I'm a die hard Bills fan)

Sigh................

I just wish that someone would be smart enough to find a way to have a Leafs-Sabres Saturday night game, broadcast on Hockey Night in Canada coast-to-coast, being played at the Ralph.

80,000 hockey fans - could it get any better than that?

823279[/snapback]

I would tailgate for 5 days