Reggie Bush

Chilly

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude Ill save you the time. They never said it.

821766[/snapback]

Now girls, girls; calm down. What's been done is done. Like you two arguing over it is going to change anything as to what ESPN is doing or has said in the past.

Either way they are whores for storylines and they progressively suck worse and worse everyday in existance.

Now girls, girls; calm down. What's been done is done. Like you two arguing over it is going to change anything as to what ESPN is doing or has said in the past.

Either way they are whores for storylines and they progressively suck worse and worse everyday in existance.

821768[/snapback]

And yet millions of people still shell out the money to have it, and will continue to. The funniest part of all of this is that people are complaining about it and still paying the bill at the end of the month.

:P  Sure, you know, since you were watching ESPN 24/7 365 for the past year.  After all, its not possible that I watched it at some point when you didn't

821769[/snapback]

Unbelievable.

NO is 5-2 and might make the playoffs this year.

821773[/snapback]

That's the bottom line. And there are plenty of newspapers and TV shows where Bush will get too much credit for that. But there are also plenty of newspapers and TV shows where Bush's contributions will be overlooked or discounted.

The toughest part, a la Cadillac last season, will be staying healthy. I think everyone had a question mark on Bush, like Cadillac, about durability because both are a bit undersized, and were not full-time RB's in college. Not to mention, returning punts in the NFL is a grusome business. The Saints have some very good pieces in place, but Bush brings an added dimension, and I think the Saints would struggle somewhat without him. It will be interesting to see how they use him now that he is comfortable with the offense and the NFL speed, and now that the coaching staff has a grasp on what he brings to the table. The last two games have seen a lot of formations with both Deuce and Bush on the field. With a LOT of trust in Brees, it should be fun to see how creative they can get in the second half.

NO is 5-2 and might make the playoffs this year.  But Reggie Bush sucks because he can't run inside the tackles.    :P

Since we are throwing out meaningless numbers.

Reggie Bush

Height: 5-11

Weight: 200

40 Speed: 4.33

24 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press

821773[/snapback]

I never said he "sucks", I said he's not a very good RB in the NFL at this moment (but leave it to the people on this message board to think that every opinion is a radical one). If you've watched him, at all, you'd realize he's not a very good RB right now. He's a very talented athlete who is amazing in open space which is why he's a better catching the ball than he is running with it right now.

That being said people are overdoing the number of receptions he's gotten. The Saints work really hard to get him the ball through the air because they know he just isn't ready for a heavy workload running the ball (and they have a better runner starting in front of him). The guy does have 40+ receptions but he's averaging just under 7 yards per reception, even for a RB that's not a great average but it’s not bad either.

The problem with Bush's stats are that he has yet to have a big play, either from the running game or the passing game. His longest run is just 18 yards and his longest reception is just 32 yards. He'll eventually break a few off I'm sure which will help his average.

Of course, this is exactly why I thought he wasn't the best player in the draft and shouldn't have been a top 5 pick. It's not that difficult to find a decent RB and, imo, most of them just aren't worth high first round picks. If you DO select a RB that high he had better be very productive, very early. RB is one of the few positions that can step right into the NFL and start producing big numbers.

Bush simply wasn't ready to be an NFL runner right out of the gate. He was weak in college running between the tackles (there's a reason White came in when they got to the 10 yard line or in short yardage situations) and his main move was jumping everything to the outside and using his speed. This worked wonders in college but I knew it wasn't going to be so easy in the NFL (yes, I love being right :doh: ). He was going to have to learn to run between the tackles before he could really use that speed in the NFL. Once he does so he'll be a very good/great runner but, just as I suspected, he wasn't ready to do it right out of the gate.

Does this mean I don't think he'll ever be any good? Not at all, I think he'll eventually be a very good runner, but is it worth it to wait a few seasons for a RB when their shelf lives are so short? I just don't think so, but it's just a matter of opinion, I'm sure some others do.

I hate it when people overhype players (weither it be fans or the media) coming right out of college and expect them to have an immediate impact and be a HOF nominee as a rookie.

Reggie Bush is good, but he is over hyped, its not like he is Vince Young, right Bluefire? (j/k sorry I had to throw that in)

daq... I don't buy for a minute your "take away his long runs and his YPC is this" platform. The point is precisely that a guy has those short runs and will hope to burst one every once in awhile. I hate the Pats, but would LOOOOOVE a guy like Maroney on this team. He just cannot be tackled. He turns what should be a clean tackle into a miss. We'll see how he develops over time and how teams begin to game-plan for him. But he is as elusive a MFer as I've seen in the NFL in a long time.

Back to my point, those long runs are part and parcel of the YPC. Nobody averages 4.0 between the tackles consistently. The long runs are the reason YPC gets to be 4.0 and up.

daq... I don't buy for a minute your "take away his long runs and his YPC is this" platform.  The point is precisely that a guy has those short runs and will hope to burst one every once in awhile.  I hate the Pats, but would LOOOOOVE a guy like Maroney on this team.  He just cannot be tackled.  He turns what should be a clean tackle into a miss.  We'll see how he develops over time and how teams begin to game-plan for him.  But he is as elusive a MFer as I've seen in the NFL in a long time.

Back to my point, those long runs are part and parcel of the YPC.  Nobody averages 4.0 between the tackles consistently.  The long runs are the reason YPC gets to be 4.0 and up.

821909[/snapback]

Considering he has 3-4 games under 3.7 YPC , Im going to take a wild guess and say that he can be tackled. Not to mention he doesnt catch worth a damn. I think he is on pace to have like 20 some catches this year. Bush on the other hand. 96 catches or so.

And as far as the long runs go ... thats my point. No one in the league consistantly gets 4 yards a carry. Its usually like 3.0 - 3.5 and then the few long spurts drives it up. **Now refer to what I was saying about teams stacking the box when Bush is in the backfield.

Unbelievable.

821771[/snapback]

Whats unbelievable is your assertion that you know ESPN so well that what I saw didn't actually take place.

This means that you have either seen, read, and heard everything ESPN has said for the past year, or you are assuming you know everything that ESPN has to say about a specific topic or player.

That's the bottom line.  And there are plenty of newspapers and TV shows where Bush will get too much credit for that.  But there are also plenty of newspapers and TV shows where Bush's contributions will be overlooked or discounted.

821848[/snapback]

Yeah, thats true. However, who I'm annoyed at for it is ESPN, who takes it way, way more overboard then anyone else.

Reggie Bush is good, but he is over hyped, its not like he is Vince Young, right Bluefire? (j/k sorry I had to throw that in)

821886[/snapback]

:P:doh:

Considering he has 3-4 games under 3.7 YPC , Im going to take a wild guess and say that he can be tackled. Not to mention he doesnt catch worth a damn. I think he is on pace to have like 20 some catches this year. Bush on the other hand. 96 catches or so.

And as far as the long runs go ... thats my point. No one in the league consistantly gets 4 yards a carry. Its usually like 3.0 - 3.5 and then the few long spurts drives it up. **Now refer to what I was saying about teams stacking the box when Bush is in the backfield.

821946[/snapback]

I dunno, in all the NO games I've watched they haven't exactly been stacking the box vs Bush.

Really?  Because I (and many others I'd think) would take it in the context that since its the draft, and they're talking bout the future, he'll be the best running back to ever touch the football.

821755[/snapback]

isn't he already in teh NFL hall of fame?

WRONG!!!  He made that stable smell like wine.

822121[/snapback]

WRONG!!! That wasn't Baby Jesus (he's my favorite) that made it smell like wine, that was the wise men, there was a fourth who couldn't make the trip and he sent wine but when they got there they decided to drink it instead of giving it as a gift (because no one would ever know that the fourth guy sent a gift)

Whats unbelievable is your assertion that you know ESPN so well that what I saw didn't actually take place.

This means that you have either seen, read, and heard everything ESPN has said for the past year, or you are assuming you know everything that ESPN has to say about a specific topic or player.

822036[/snapback]

You are seriously trying to convince me that ESPN said "Reggie Bush is/will be the best running back in the history of the game of football to ever play."

And yet millions of people still shell out the money to have it, and will continue to. The funniest part of all of this is that people are complaining about it and still paying the bill at the end of the month.

Unbelievable.

821771[/snapback]

psssssssst...it's on BASIC cable and sat packages.

You are seriously trying to convince me that ESPN said "Reggie Bush is/will be the best running back in the history of the game of football to ever play."

822241[/snapback]

No, I'm telling you that some idiot on ESPN said "Reggie Bush could be the best running back in the history of football".

Whether or not you believe it is not my choice obviously.