John Kerry is an idiot!

I see your point, but he could have just as easily have said the students who don't work hard or study will be stuck working at Mc Donalds if he was simply talking about options after school.  He chose to pick on the military and made it very clear that the people who CHOOSE to go to the Military are the lazy students or the ones who got poor grades.  Our Military is currently all volunteer.  If you don't like the GI bill option, get a few part time jobs while working through college.

821042[/snapback]

Whos to say they don't like the GI Bill option?... I take it that it is whole a lot better than part-time jobs and working through college... Heck, you might have to mop a bathroom out at Wendy's... Doesn't Haliburton take care of those mundane things now for the soldiers on base?

Heck, all the traditonal pain in the arse jobs (outside of fighting) are all contracted out in today's military... Outside of basic...

Do they even have KP anymore?... They even have problems with soldiers and clean weapons now... You remember the Iraq invasion story... Who would have ever thought of that?... :pirate::devil:

It is a whole different culture than when my dad served during the Korean conflict.

But then again... I don't know sh*t, I had other opportunites... That seemed better...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chevy is trying to pass off the "We're the American spirit, buy us and our great American workers will keep this country great for generations" feeling.

They're using negative images of people like Rosa Parks and others to try to show that they truly are the American patriot's choice.

Yeah, GM, because if I buy your car that means that I'm a Patriot, much the same way listening to that radio station does.  :pirate:

821143[/snapback]

GM is doing better if not great for an American car company... :devil::D

Gee I don't know which issue the Republicans are running on is the most important. Is it Kerry's comment, or that Nancy Pelosi FROM SAN FRANCISCO is going to turn our kids gay, or that Harold Ford wants to give abortion pills to our kids and date our white women, or that Jim Webb wrote sexually explicit books, or that Michael J Fox is a fraud. Thank God we have the Republicans to keep us focused on the important issues in this election.

Gee I don't know which issue the Republicans are running on is the most important.  Is it Kerry's comment, or that Nancy Pelosi FROM SAN FRANCISCO is going to turn our kids gay, or that Harold Ford wants to give abortion pills to our kids and date our white women, or that Jim Webb wrote sexually explicit books, or that Michael J Fox is a fraud.  Thank God we have the Republicans to keep us focused on the important issues in this election.

821567[/snapback]

You mean because the Democrats are alot different? You ought to see the TV commercials they're airing outside your little corner of the world.

In the grand scheme of things why does kerry's comment matter?

A flip floping loser of a presidential candidate decides all of a sudden he's going to go righteous...so he thought...by appealing to the basest instincts of the leftist pacifists, instead winds up becoming a leper and messing up his party's chances for this nation's wishes for a balanced government.

Yik!

Pelosi's villification by the right is laughable, almost text book Rove: take an issue the candidate/party "symbol" has a strong history of, like family values (Pelosi is happily married with five kids), and twist and pollute it with bumpersticker crap like "SF liberal" while failing to acknowledge your own party's deceit in a cover-up of explotation of high school kids attempting to acquire valuable knowledge on our governmental system.

...well.....I guess they learned it.

Whos to say they don't like the GI Bill option?... I take it that it is whole a lot better than part-time jobs and working through college...  Heck, you might have to mop a bathroom out at Wendy's... Doesn't Haliburton take care of those mundane things now for the soldiers on base?

Heck, all the traditonal pain in the arse jobs (outside of fighting) are all contracted out in today's military...  Outside of basic...

Do they even have KP anymore?...  They even have problems with soldiers and clean weapons now...  You remember the Iraq invasion story... Who would have ever thought of that?... :pirate:  :devil:

It is a whole different culture than when my dad served during the Korean conflict.

But then again... I don't know sh*t, I had other opportunites... That seemed better...

821551[/snapback]

Dude, you are clueless. As you so succiently stated, you don't know schit about the military, let alone the difference between the current culture and you Dad's experience. I guess we should be impressed with your level of knowlege of today's military because your dad served...there's nothing like name dropping to display the utter ignorance of your posts.

Do us all a favor and do some research before posting more drivel like this. Or maybe you can start an alter ego like Pasta Joe/Joey Balls (how original) and submit posts that support your ignorance.

C'mon, you can do better than this...I mean you are educated, right?

Sure there are the "patriotic" exceptions...

It is actually a perfectly great way to validate your shortcomings and roll yourself up in the patriotic thing and enlist... You can make a lot happen if your life isn't exacly taking you down a respectable road...

Why don't people just be honest with themselves?...

Fire away...

821547[/snapback]

Why don't you just be honest with yourself and admit you, like John Kerry have great disdain for those who are currently serving and who have served.

So, according to you patriotism equates to validating your shortcomings? Sure...

i haven't bothered to read all 4 pages of this thread but...I actually think Kerry was cutting on Bush, not saying soldiers are dumb. I just think he has horrible timing, and said the joke wrong.

(and I don't like Kerry in the slightest).

i haven't bothered to read all 4 pages of this thread but...I actually think Kerry was cutting on Bush, not saying soldiers are dumb.  I just think he has horrible timing, and said the joke wrong.

(and I don't like Kerry in the slightest).

821624[/snapback]

I thought that to begin with and now (after seeing the video clip) I'm not even sure. The people he was talking to literally gasped after he said what he said. People responded poorly to it at that very moment. He could have corrected himself or clarified his remarks immediately. I think it's entirely possible this one just got away from him and he wishes he could have it back.

Dude, you are clueless. As you so succiently stated, you don't know schit about the military, let alone the difference between the current culture and you Dad's experience. I guess we should be impressed with your level of knowlege of today's military because your dad served...there's nothing like name dropping to display the utter ignorance of your posts.

Do us all a favor and do some research before posting more drivel like this. Or maybe you can start an alter ego like Pasta Joe/Joey Balls (how original) and submit posts that support your ignorance.

C'mon, you can do better than this...I mean you are educated, right?

821617[/snapback]

The fact of the matter is that I DON'T KNOW.

Please explain how it is the same or different between eras... You have absolutely said nothing... Except a little more flowery than what Darin said...

What's the same and what is different?

As a simple civy... It would be great if my humble protectorate would explain these things to me...

:pirate:

Why don't you just be honest with yourself and admit you, like John Kerry have great disdain for those who are currently serving and who have served.

So, according to you patriotism equates to validating your shortcomings? Sure...

821623[/snapback]

I do.

Maybe it is my 100% disabled vet dad instilling in me to NEVER GO INTO THE SERVICE.

I am just honoring his wishes.

:pirate::devil:

GM is doing better if not great for an American car company... :pirate:  :devil:

821554[/snapback]

Okay, and? How does this change them using the whole "patriotic" crap to sell cars?

821623[/snapback]

rofl. Even I realize that the military is a great place to go if you need to turn your life around and there aren't many other options available to you. This doesn't make me have a disdain for those who are currently serving and who have served.

Hell, my best friend at UT decided to join the Navy even though he was one semester away from graduating because he felt it was the best thing for him. Man, I hate him so !@#$ing much! I think he is using patriotism to validate his shortcomings!

Jesus people, if you drop out of college and don't have many skills, the military is a great place to go because they have the patience to develop people and teach them things to be successful in life, more so then other places. It is, therefore, a very appealing place to go for people who have few other options.

I just think that Kerry is an America hating f'n idiot.

821651[/snapback]

Thats why he ran for the Presidency of the United States. Its Brilliant! Lead the country that you hate the most! :D

Okay, and?  How does this change them using the whole "patriotic" crap to sell cars?

rofl.  Even I realize that the military is a great place to go if you need to turn your life around and there aren't many other options available to you.  This doesn't make me have a disdain for those who are currently serving and who have served.

Hell, my best friend at UT decided to join the Navy even though he was one semester away from graduating because he felt it was the best thing for him.  Man, I hate him so !@#$ing much!  I think he is using patriotism to validate his shortcomings!

Jesus people, if you drop out of college and don't have many skills, the military is a great place to go because they have the patience to develop people and teach them things to be successful in life, more so then other places.  It is, therefore, a very appealing place to go for people who have few other options.

Thats why he ran for the Presidency of the United States.  Its Brilliant!  Lead the country that you hate the most!  :P

821703[/snapback]

It does change them because people are buying into the ads and the cars are selling again... So it must work? Couple that with other good advertising moves and labor tactics...

I can see what you are saying (blue part)... Yet, I do have disdain because of what my father went through and his preaching about the past and recent wounded he has met... I don't think that disdain would be as great if soldiers didn't use patriotism to validate their shortcomings... And true there are a million different stories out there, I couldn't begin to pass judgement on them all. I am passing judgement on what I have expierienced... And it makes me bitter.

Sorry SD Jarhead... For questioning your heart.

:doh:

It does change them because people are buying into the ads and the cars are selling again... So it must work?  Couple that with other good advertising moves and labor tactics...

Yeah, it does work, don't get me wrong.

Its just, well, rather annoying that they try to claim patriotism as a reason for buying a car. To most people I've talked to its almost insulting.

I can see what you are saying (blue part)... Yet, I do have disdain because of what my father went through and his preaching about the past and recent wounded he has met...  I don't think that disdain would be as great if soldiers didn't use patriotism to validate their shortcomings... And true there are a million different stories out there, I couldn't begin to pass judgement on them all.  I am passing judgement on what I have expierienced... And it makes me bitter.

Sorry SD Jarhead... For questioning your heart.

:P

821729[/snapback]

Yeah, thats gonna exist in any large organization though. People are there for different reasons.

Its just, well, rather annoying that they try to claim patriotism as a reason for buying a car.  To most people I've talked to its almost insulting.

821740[/snapback]

The auto industry is funny... It is so much part of the fabric of our country, your car is visible to the rest of the populace when you are out and about. Auto labor has always been seen a good pay/honest job that you could raise a family on and live the American dream

Hear me out... I know I am getting corny... For some reason I can't look at a Mitsubishi and think of a Japanese Zero and Pearl Harbor... I know that is weird, it is just there.

:P

I just heard Tony Snow make a dumb response to the Kerry statement. He said that you can't say you support the troops and then say you hate the cause. What? The troops don't decide what the cause is, the civilian leadership does. He also then said that the troops joined the military because they support the cause. While that may be true for some who reacted to 9/11, it certainly isn't true of all, especially with regard to Iraq. Many were already in the military before the Iraq invasion, and some that want to get out can't because of stop-loss orders.