A TERRIBLE TRAGEDY AWAITS CHEEKTOWAGA!!!!!!

Because of my twisted roots in South Buffalo (born in Lackawanna) and my wife's family's tacky taste during her youth in Rochester, we have always had a pair of pink flamingos in our front yard.

She puts scarves on them in the winter. :(

We tried to get the white metallic Christmas tree with the revolving light that made it change colors, but her Grandmother could not find it. :(

Because of my twisted roots in South Buffalo (born in Lackawanna) and my wife's family's tacky taste during her youth in Rochester, we have always had a pair of pink flamingos in our front yard.

She puts scarves on them in the winter.  :(

We tried to get the white metallic Christmas tree with the revolving light that made it change colors, but her Grandmother could not find it.  :(

821148[/snapback]

Excellent! :)

May I suggest the addition of one of those reflecting-ball-on-a-pedestal things?

You might remember when folks put Christmas scenes on their windows with colored Glass Wax..

Excellent!  :doh:

May I suggest the addition of one of those reflecting-ball-on-a-pedestal things?

You might remember when folks put Christmas scenes on their windows with colored Glass Wax..

821161[/snapback]

We had a glass ball for a while, but it just did not make it.

When I was a kid I was one of the people doing Glass Wax stencils (white only) ! :P

We had a glass ball for a while, but it just did not make it.

When I was a kid I was one of the people doing Glass Wax stencils (white only) !  :P

822070[/snapback]

I wonder if it's still sold...we never did the stenciling, but we used it...back when homes were heated by coal, it did a good job protecting the inside of the windows from soot.

An ammonia wipe - clean windows!

That puff of soot in the movie "Christmas Story" brings back memories to me.

I was a sooty child. Ashy, too... :doh: