Bab's concerts are getting roudy

What would happen if one of her concerts were attended by a mob of hard core conservatives, and she started going off on one of her anti-Bush rants and people went crazy, just like these two? Could she be held for inciting a riot?

Man...I would love to see Babs go down in some handcuffs.

I think performers - singers, actors - should stick to what they do - sing and act. Why dabble in politics ?

820945[/snapback]

Because it pisses you off... :D:lol:

When did this (what you advocate) actually become the norm? The "just shut up and sing/act theory"... :pirate::devil:

My guess this has been going on since the dawn of the profession?... Yet, nowadays we get all uppity and indignant when a preformer has an agenda... Go figure...

Because it pisses you off... :D  :lol:

When did this (what you advocate) actually become the norm?  The "just shut up and sing/act theory"... :pirate:  :devil:

My guess this has been going on since the dawn of the profession?... Yet, nowadays we get all uppity and indignant when a preformer has an agenda... Go figure...

821389[/snapback]

I think it has alot more to do with the vacuum they live in today versus Hollywood of 30 years ago. There's really nothing worse than a Limosine Liberal.

I think it has alot more to do with the vacuum they live in today versus Hollywood of 30 years ago.  There's really nothing worse than a Limosine Liberal.

821396[/snapback]

I can see why people would think this and it is a problem. The "shut up and sing/act thing" I would think is a denfense mech or control thing because these numnuts live in a vacuum and preach their crap... Then again, I am not Ed and have a fancy Rutgers psych degree... I can only stay at a Holiday Inn Express... :devil:

Yet... And that is a very BIG YET, Why in the hell do people let it bother them in this way?... Why not just boycott the "artist's" work?

These sleps out there gravitate to things that piss them off... Like the guy at Bab's concert... WTF is he thinking spending good money on the show?... Does he like her music (which I find hard to believe)?... Or does he just want to pick a fight? The only thing he is in control of in this situation is his pocketbook... Obviously he isn't in control of his facilties or musical taste...

Same can be applied throughout Hollywood...

:pirate:

I think it has alot more to do with the vacuum they live in today versus Hollywood of 30 years ago.  There's really nothing worse than a Limosine Liberal.

821396[/snapback]

Not true. There's always the whackjob Alaskan whose life reminds us of one Col Fitts. :P

821396[/snapback]

I'm not sure how much is due to Hollywood changing. Probably most Hollywood types had airheaded views 30 years ago, just as they do today. But there are always exceptions to the airheaded trend. Harrison Ford is such an exception today, just as Ronald Reagan was an exception in the past.

The thing about Reagan is that his views were formed by getting out of the Hollywood ivory tower, and actually listening to real people talk about their problems. When he said, "government isn't the solution to the problem, government is the problem," his words weren't spoken at random. They were the natural conclusion of a man who'd listened to countless people tell him horror stories of out-of-control government bureaucracies. Limousine Liberals may have disagreed with him, but their views were formed strictly by their experience inside the Hollywood ivory tower.

Reagan earned the publicity he was given. But others are given publicity for their political views because they're famous, and not because they have anything worthwhile to say. This is the problem a lot of people have with Limousine Liberals.