Buffalo 2-5, Pittsburgh 2-5

Oakland 2-5.  I am now officially ashamed.

819976[/snapback]

Lotta football to be played is all I've got to say. For example, Seattle has a better record but looks like a team in serious trouble right now. Other teams with losing records right now may yet prove to make it. Let's hope ours is one of them.

Lotta football to be played is all I've got to say.  For example, Seattle has a better record but looks like a team in serious trouble right now.  Other teams with losing records right now may yet prove to make it.  Let's hope ours is one of them.

819983[/snapback]

True, but as they say, the outlook is not so good. The Bears loss didn't bother me, neither did the Pats... but the Lions... it might take all season to forget that one.

This question comes back to the 'team' aspect of the game.

As fans I think we tend to focus too much on the individual abilities of each player and not focus on how the perceptions of those abilities can radically change dependant on how the 'team' is playing.

PIT is a great example. If we were not aware that they won the SB last year, you'd look at their players....their QB....their D....their OL & generally grade them for the most past fairly lowly. Those same players with pretty much the same support(minus only a few), when rated after the SB were all generally rated fairly highly.

The opposite is also true. NE of 2001 was a dog of a team in regards to talent pre-Brady......once they started winning, all of a sudden they were credited with decent players(again). The Skins constantly get 'good' players yet play as an 'average'(at best) team.

The Bills. The Steelers. As teams they are pretty much playing at the same level....both 2-5 with loses against bad teams. Talent-wise? Conventional wisdom puts the Steelers ahead there.....but then again if we start playing as a cohesive team, the talent we have will start to shine......just like so many others have in the past.

If the L-Man threw for 300 yards, laybe a loss would be easier to accept! 

Bent-cycle-burger had 301 in the PIT loss. <_<

820030[/snapback]

Didn't see the gale, but if I read correctly, Pittsburgh held Okland to less than 100 yards of offense, on top of BR's 300 yard passing gale...that has to hurt! Suddenly, losing 41-6 doesn't seel so bad... :lol:

Didn't see the gale, but if I read correctly, Pittsburgh held Okland to less than 100 yards of offense, on top of BR's 300 yard passing gale...that has to hurt!  Suddenly, losing 41-6 doesn't seel so bad... <_<

820039[/snapback]

They got their SB though which will probably comfort them through this sh------- season.

Lotta football to be played is all I've got to say.  For example, Seattle has a better record but looks like a team in serious trouble right now.  Other teams with losing records right now may yet prove to make it.  Let's hope ours is one of them.

819983[/snapback]

While I am not very optimistic about the Bills turning their season around enough to end with a winning record, I agree with you.

This is one of the most scizophranic seasons I can remember in some time. We beat the Vikings, but can't beat the likes of the Lions. The Eagles looked like one of the elite teams a few weeks ago, but have now lost 3 games in a row. The NY Giants look amazing one week, like crap the next week. It doesn't always seem to have much to do with the quality of the oppenents either. The Raiders beat the defending Super Bowl champs, despite gaing a paltry 91 yards of total offense, and giving up nearly 400 yards. The Cowboys couldn't have looked any worse than they did last week, but then, with an untested QB, they come out, on the road, and blow out what was thought to be a quality team in Carolina? Experts have been writing off Steve McNair and the Ravens for two weeks...what do they do? They come out and dominate the Saints, who have seemingly had a mystical home field advantage. The Broncos look incredible on defense, but then collapse late in the second half of a game, at home. Then there is the Bears...the only constant this season...

As for the Bills, as hard as the last three weeks have been to stomach, I know, if they come out and beat Green Bay and Houston the next two weeks, not out out of the realm of possibility, we will all feel pretty good about them again.

While I am not very optimistic about the Bills turning their season around enough to end with a winning record, I agree with you. 

This is one of the most scizophranic seasons I can remember in some time.  We beat the Vikings, but can't beat the likes of the Lions.  The Eagles looked like one of the elite teams a few weeks ago, but have now lost 3 games in a row.  The NY Giants look amazing one week, like crap the next week.  It doesn't always seem to have much to do with the quality of the oppenents either.  The Raiders beat the defending Super Bowl champs, despite gaing a paltry 91 yards of total offense, and giving up nearly 400 yards.  The Cowboys couldn't have looked any worse than they did last week, but then, with an untested QB, they come out, on the road, and blow out what was thought to be a quality team in Carolina?  Experts have been writing off Steve McNair and the Ravens for two weeks...what do they do?  They come out and dominate the Saints, who have seemingly had a mystical home field advantage.  The Broncos look incredible on defense, but then collapse late in the second half of a game, at home.  Then there is the Bears...the only constant this season...

As for the Bills, as hard as the last three weeks have been to stomach, I know, if they come out and beat Green Bay and Houston the next two weeks, not out out of the realm of possibility, we will all feel pretty good about them again.

820079[/snapback]

Turnovers kill. It's just that simple. Why did the Steelers, Jets and Saints lose yesterday? Who had the lone turnover in the Indy-Denver game? The only thing more important than not turning the ball over is putting points -- any points you can -- on the board when you force one into your own hands.

Turnovers kill. It's just that simple. Why did the Steelers, Jets and Saints lose yesterday? Who had the lone turnover in the Indy-Denver game? The only thing more important than not turning the ball over is putting points -- any points you can -- on the board when you force one into your own hands.

820144[/snapback]

What be these turnovers of which you speak?