John Clayton on David Carr

I don't know if I can wait 5 years for Losman to come around, but Houston stuck with Carr and things might be starting to pan out. Throw Kubiak, Moulds and an emerging elite receiver in Andre Johnson into the equation and things are looking up for a guy who came out of the football factory of Fresno State.

If Losman is cut loose at the end of the season, you can bet he'll have a hanful of teams knocking on his door for a guy with his physical skills. If you read espn.com, you'll see Pasquarelli thinks Del Rio may not be sold on Leftwich long term who was a first rounder four years ago. Outside of a major implosion from JP, you might see him under center again for the Bills next year. How do you define or quantify a major implosion? That will be the prevailing quesiton for the remaining 9 games. With the recent O line re-shuffle, I think Marv & DJ want to see some more parts in place before they render a decision on him. And that could spill into 2007 as they might want to see more or improved parts in place.

All I have to say is this experiment/trial/fact finding/due diligence (call it what you want) might not be complete in the next nine weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...ht&lid=tab4pos1

Thats fine. Ill take a trade of Losman for Leftwich.

819723[/snapback]

Why? Leftwich really isn't that good, and without a running game he's pretty awful. People complain about losmans touch on swing passes and short routes. Leftwich has one speed, take your head off with a bullet. and who knows how leftwich would do if he's not throwing to 6'4 receivers all the time. Leftwich seems like a fun guy to root for, but his mechanics are sloppy.

Why?  Leftwich really isn't that good, and without a running game he's pretty awful.  People complain about losmans touch on swing passes and short routes. Leftwich has one speed, take your head off with a bullet. and  who knows how leftwich would do if he's not throwing to 6'4 receivers all the time.  Leftwich seems like a fun guy to route for, but his mechanics are sloppy.

819727[/snapback]

I agree. I like the Jags enough where I typically route for them over a lot of other teams, but no way I'd dump JP for Leftwich.

Why?  Leftwich really isn't that good, and without a running game he's pretty awful.  People complain about losmans touch on swing passes and short routes. Leftwich has one speed, take your head off with a bullet. and  who knows how leftwich would do if he's not throwing to 6'4 receivers all the time.  Leftwich seems like a fun guy to root for, but his mechanics are sloppy.

819727[/snapback]

Well his record the past 2 seasons is 21-13 and he has playoff experience ... The past 1 1/2 season stats are 22 TD's and 10 INT's.

Well his record the past 2 seasons is 21-13 and he has playoff experience ... The past 1 1/2 season stats are 22 TD's and 10 INT's.

819748[/snapback]

Maybe you've seen him more than I have, but to me Leftwich is kind of a Dilfer.

Him coming into replace Gus Frerotte last year was one of the reasons the Dolphins came back against the Bills and beat them. :lol:

819751[/snapback]

Wow, good call....I didn't even think about that. I don't really care who wins that game, so I think it would be interesting to see him lead them to a win....just cause I find qb controversies interesting <_<

Maybe you've seen him more than I have, but to me Leftwich is kind of a Dilfer.

819750[/snapback]

Ive seen him here and their, but not much more than that.

All I know is that he has been in the playoffs, his record the past 2 seasons is 21-13 and ... The past 1 1/2 season his stats are 22 TD's and 10 INT's.

Not too bad if you ask me.

Also. All he has in Jacksonville is Reggie Williams. We have more receivers (and better).

All I know is that he has been in the playoffs, his record the past 2 seasons is 21-13 and ... The past 1 1/2 season his stats are 22 TD's and 10 INT's.

Also. All he has in Jacksonville is Reggie Williams. We have more receivers (and better).

819756[/snapback]

What about Jones and Wilford? Those guys aren't slouches, you know? I guess I view Jax as a "run, stop the run" sort of team....they seem to be very good at both those things. John Henderson is maybe the scariest man in all of the NFL.

What about Jones and Wilford? Those guys aren't slouches, you know? I guess I view Jax as a "run, stop the run" sort of team....they seem to be very good at both those things. John Henderson is maybe the scariest man in all of the NFL.

819757[/snapback]

Matt Jones has only started 4 games in the past 2 seasons ... Wilford has only started 14 games in 3 seasons.

Dang, look at those texans go with Rosenfels.....I'm assuming TN is playing back a little, but Sage has them right back in the game with a few mins to go.

Matt Jones has only started 4 games in the past 2 seasons ... Wilford has only started 14 games in 3 seasons.

819760[/snapback]

really? is jones out now or soemthing? I've seen two Jax games this year and he played in both....looked real good in both.

The Jags had a great defense the past 2 years, and Leftwich had Jimmy Smith to throw to, until he retired prior to this year (because he was going to get suspended for steroids). Fred Taylor has also been healthy the past 2+ years.

really? is jones out now or soemthing? I've seen two Jax games this year and he played in both....looked real good in both.

819762[/snapback]

He has only played in 3 games this year. The last one he played in was 3 weeks ago and he only had 13 yards.

The Jags had a great defense the past 2 years, and Leftwich had Jimmy Smith to throw to, until he retired prior to this year (because he was going to get suspended for steroids).  Fred Taylor has also been healthy the past 2+ years.

819763[/snapback]

That doesnt make a QB throw for 22 TD's and 10 INT. If it did then we would have been awesome with our #2 defense, Eric Moulds, and Willis McGahee.

That doesnt make a QB throw for 22 TD's and 10 INT. If it did then we would have been awesome with our #2 defense, Eric Moulds, and Willis McGahee.

When did we have that? The last time the defense was #2 (as in ranking, not the other way which it has been for the past 2 years) was in 2004 and Bledsoe was the QB. But yes, throw in a good O-line as well.