possible?

nuklz2594

if we blow this thing up and start over again could our offense look like this?

center-merz

guards-preston and butler

tackles-peters and pennington

tight ends-royal and everett

wide receiver-evans and reed

quarterback-nall

running back-willis

fullback-we have nobody who should be starting. make royal the h-back

the ny giants started all new guys when eli was just starting out. we will need to cut the guys who aren't working out for us.

your thoughts?

Butler is NOT strictly a tackle, when the move was made to Pennington, Jauron stated that Brad Butler HAD BEEN WORKING at OG!! The #1 swing tackle HAS BEEN Pennington and they're rewarding him with a great effort in learning the techniques from Jim McNally and friends! I think Terrence Penningtons' rise up the depth chart is a GREAT story!!

if we blow this thing up and start over again could our offense look like this?

center-merz

guards-preston and butler

tackles-peters and pennington

tight ends-royal and everett

wide receiver-evans and reed

quarterback-nall

running back-willis

fullback-we have nobody who should be starting.  make royal the h-back

the ny giants started all new guys when eli was just starting out.  we will need to cut the guys who aren't working out for us.

your thoughts?

819682[/snapback]

I see nothing from Merz yet to indicate he can unseat Fowler. Butler looks to be more of a Tackle, and might become our swing OT, but not a G.

There is no reason for us to go to Nall. Now or ever.

Royal is definately not an H-back type of guy.

I like the idea of making wholesale changes, which I think we just did with the OL. As for the other positions, we do need SOME continuity for development purposes so leave them as is and we'll develop the guys we have there.

I do think we need to have an eye on a big bodied WR for the FA period/draft. Marcus Colston at the Saints is the kind of guy who would benefit this offence right now. Using Royal/Everett at WR might help us, but we need a full-time big WR from somewhere, so we need to look for a Colston type of guy.