WTF The NFL wants Bills fans to

I don't think that LA doesn't want a team so much as they DON'T want to shell-out $600M-$1B in tax money to make an already-rich NFL owner richer. It's the same reason a new stadium in Buffalo will never happen, and why the team if probably destined to move eventually.

BTW, anyone have an edumicated guess as to how much more money the NFL would see in yearly TV revenue with a team in LA? It HAS to be sizeable, considering they're willing to spend $600M-1B to get a team there.

I don't think that LA doesn't want a team so much as they DON'T want to shell-out $600M-$1B in tax money to make an already-rich NFL owner richer.  It's the same reason a new stadium in Buffalo will never happen, and why the team if probably destined to move eventually.

BTW, anyone have an edumicated guess as to how much more money the NFL would see in yearly TV revenue with a team in LA?  It HAS to be sizeable, considering they're willing to spend $600M-1B to get a team there.

819619[/snapback]

so what happens if they build a state of the art stadium in l.a and then the fans still don't come out to see the new team play there?the traffic in l.a is horrible and they don't have mass transit.there must be a reason the raiders and rams couldnt survive there.

so what happens if they build a state of the art stadium in l.a and then the fans still don't come out to see the new team play there?the traffic in l.a is horrible and they don't have mass transit.there must be a reason the raiders and rams couldnt survive there.

Couldn't tell you the specifics, but there MUST be a reason why the NFL wants a team in LA so badly, given the history of LA teams, and it probably mostly rests on TV money.

And I think they build a 65K stadium and and at least draw 50K fans a game. While not ideal, it's not an empty stadium.

Even when the raiders and rams were in LA, nobody went to the games, and nobody watched them on TV. Their ratings were near the bottom nearly every weekend. There is a reason those teams left that market to begin with. I say screw the LA area, and dont force the league to pay for that stadium... I would go so far as to cancel my Sunday ticket if they did.

Couldn't tell you the specifics, but there MUST be a reason why the NFL wants a team in LA so badly, given the history of LA teams, and it probably mostly rests on TV money. 

And I think they build a 65K stadium and and at least draw 50K fans a game.  While not ideal, it's not an empty stadium.

819693[/snapback]

if it's not sold out, it's not on the air, which means no TV revenue, so what's the point?

They air 8 road games and that makes up for it? no way.

819693[/snapback]

No, it rests on stupidity.

Everyone in LA is from somewhere else, and I tend to think they enjoy seeing lots of out of town games every weekend.

if it's not sold out, it's not on the air, which means no TV revenue, so what's the point?

They air 8 road games and that makes up for it? no way.

I've heard some people saying that the LA games will NOT be blacked-out, for whatever reason. Whether it's purchasing remaining tickets before the deadline, or waiving the blackout rule (that the NFL created), or covering-up seats, or people actually showing up to games. Again, the NFL isn't stupid.

One reason, L.A. is a great place to hold the superbowl every 5 years and the Rose Bowl is a total dump and basically unusable for the modern super bowl party that they love to throw.

When it's all said and done it will cost at least 1 billion to build in L.A. and the NFL likes other people to pay for their ball parks. A new stadium can and will be built in Buffalo when the time comes for one reason only, and that is Politics. The governor that lets the Bills move out of state will never get re-elected. You can't win the state house without the western N.Y. vote and building a stadium would be very favorable to the union vote in western N.Y..

IMO

One reason, L.A. is a great place to hold the superbowl every 5 years and the Rose Bowl is a total dump and basically unusable for the modern super bowl party that they love to throw.

When it's all said and done it will cost at least 1 billion to build in L.A. and the NFL likes other people to pay for their ball parks. A new stadium can and will be built in Buffalo when the time comes for one reason only, and that is Politics. The  governor that lets the Bills move out of state will never get re-elected. You can't win the state house without the western N.Y. vote and building a stadium would be very favorable to the union vote in western N.Y..

IMO

I hope you're right.

819690[/snapback]

Luxury boxes. They will always be full. Cowboys for example make a good 40 million a year just on luxury boxes.

Lets see, a billion dollar stadium paid for by 32 teams, divided by 10 games divided by 75,000 tix/bills home game. The answer is $41.67/game ticket. So basically doubling Bills tickets for one year pays for the LA stadium. Alright, lets all kick in!!!! <_<

Lets see, a billion dollar stadium paid for by 32 teams, divided by 10 games divided by 75,000 tix/bills home game.  The answer is $41.67/game ticket.  So basically doubling Bills tickets for one year pays for the LA stadium.  Alright, lets all kick in!!!!    <_<

819982[/snapback]

I doubt they will do it over one year.

Absoluet BS we all have to pay for a stadium for LA yet its such a great market the NFL doesnt want to lose it. So how many years now has LA not had a team and do we really beleive folks in LA have stopped watching football, oh thats right they like watching the other fuutball