Horrorfest

ajzepp

I don't know if this is some gimmick to sell movie tickets, or what....but I can count on one hand the number of films in my lifetime that have "scared" me, so I'll probably give it a shot. Some of the images in the preview were enough to make me think it might be worth a look.

http://www.horrorfestonline.com/

My buddy told me about this. I love the idea and hope it spreads to other genres of cinema. I like the idea that I'll be able to see films in the theater that normally I wouldn't have an opportunity to. Imagine a film festival like Sundance that decided to go international and show certain films at theaters all over the world simultaneously instead of simply in one location for a bunch of film snobs.

I'll go if it plays around here, but why is it  Opening in nov.??

819124[/snapback]

I wondered the same thing. I'm not really thinking about how cool it would be to be scared off my asss when I'm sitting in front of the tv watching football after eating Thanksgiving dinner.....would have been much cooler if it had been this month, IMO.

My buddy told me about this.  I love the idea and hope it spreads to other genres of cinema.  I like the idea that I'll be able to see films in the theater that normally I wouldn't have an opportunity to.  Imagine a film festival like Sundance that decided to go international and show certain films at theaters all over the world simultaneously instead of simply in one location for a bunch of film snobs.

819141[/snapback]

That's a great idea, man....who knows, with the advent of digital films in theaters, that could certainly be a feasible idea. I think more and more there are people who want to know about these smaller films, cause a lot of them are damn good (referring to Sundance and Cannes, not the horrorfest stuff).

That's a great idea, man....who knows, with the advent of digital films in theaters, that could certainly be a feasible idea. I think more and more there are people who want to know about these smaller films, cause a lot of them are damn good (referring to Sundance and Cannes, not the horrorfest stuff).

819191[/snapback]

Yeah I mean how much business would a Cannes or a Sundance do on a weekend at the local cineplex? I would suspect a lot just on the names alone. I seriously hope someone is working on this idea because I'd love to start going to events like this.

Yeah I mean how much business would a Cannes or a Sundance do on a weekend at the local cineplex?  I would suspect a lot just on the names alone.  I seriously hope someone is working on this idea because I'd love to start going to events like this.

819386[/snapback]

I hope so too, cause that would really be cool. The main reason why these smaller films ARE smaller films is because they have little or no advertising budget. If they did what you suggest, then they would already have built-in marketing by just using the name "Cannes" or "Sundance", you know? There is already recognition there, and the films could just fall under taht umbrella. I know they vote on the best films at these festivals, so maybe just toss a few of the winners into some sort of package and distribute them as you said. I would definitely check them out!