New HOF nominees

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=182065&hubname=

First-year eligible candidates are former commissioner Paul Tagliabue, quarterback Randall Cunningham; running backs Terrell Davis and Ricky Watters; offensive linemen Randall McDaniel, Mark Stepnoski and Steve Wisniewski; and defensive backs Eric Allen, LeRoy Butler and Carnell Lake.

Former Bills are Thurman, Andre, Hull, Bennett, Talley, Tasker, Smerlas the traitor and Ralph.

Andre should get in too.  He's got the numbers.

818675[/snapback]

He is already competing with Art Monk and Michael Irvin....I doub't they put Reed ahead of those two guys however better he might be than them.

Andre should get in too.  He's got the numbers.

818675[/snapback]

I do not see Andre making it with this competition. Kent Hull stands a better chance. TT has the best shot of all of the former Bills. Wilson isn't even in the top three of the Contributors section, let alone will make it to the final round of elimination.

First-year eligible candidates are former commissioner Paul Tagliabue, quarterback Randall Cunningham; running backs Terrell Davis and Ricky Watters; offensive linemen Randall McDaniel, Mark Stepnoski and Steve Wisniewski; and defensive backs Eric Allen, LeRoy Butler and Carnell Lake.

Former Bills are Thurman, Andre, Hull, Bennett, Talley, Tasker, Smerlas the traitor and Ralph.

818653[/snapback]

Randall Cunningham.....thats a bit of a stretch..v good but not hall of fame material.

818653[/snapback]

Randall Cunningham??.....thats a bit of a stretch..v good but not hall of fame material.

818653[/snapback]

I think Thurman, Andre, and Hull will all get in - eventually, if not first ballot.

I don't know if he'd get enough votes from others, but Tasker has my vote hands down.

And I think the Bills will only win a Superbowl *after* Ralph is voted in. In my mind, Ralph should get in before any of the contributors and most of the players. It's a sad world where Michael Irvin will probably get in before Ralph Wilson.

I do not see Andre making it with this competition. Kent Hull stands a better chance. TT has the best shot of all of the former Bills. Wilson isn't even in the top three of the Contributors section, let alone will make it to the final round of elimination.

818696[/snapback]

If you take just Centers, Kent Hull is competing with Bruce Mathews and

Dermotti Dawson....For all the perception there is about the bills with the

national media (especially considering how the current state of the Bills

will be reflected by these media folks voting for the HoF) I doubt Kent

can get ahead of those two.

818653[/snapback]

Remember when Thurman wasn't selected, the reason was something along the lines of "When you're selecting someone for the hall, you're selecting someone who defines that position"...or something like that. There's some great names there, but are they HoF worthy or Hall of Great Players and Administrators worthy.

Remember when Thurman wasn't selected, the reason was something along the lines of "When you're selecting someone for the hall, you're selecting someone who defines that position"...or something like that. There's some great names there, but are they HoF worthy or Hall of Great Players and Administrators worthy.

818849[/snapback]

Like Warren Moon?

Like Warren Moon?

818854[/snapback]

Exception to the rule?

TT simply must get in this year....it was a big enough snub last year.

Allen IMO is a 1st year inductee.

I'd love Reed to get in but IIRC he was always considered the 'younger brother' to his peers while playing(Irvin/Sharpe/Rison/Rice, etc)....I cannot see it changing for the HOF entry. 0:)

WOW....I'm always amazed at the list each year....so many good players.

Tasker should have been a 1st year eligible entry. If the best ever at his position(by far) cannot get in....regardless of the position....there is something wrong with the selection criteria.

Maybe this year. :P

I'd love Reed to get in but IIRC he was always considered the 'younger brother' to his peers while playing(Irvin/Sharpe/Rison/Rice, etc)....I cannot see it changing for the HOF entry. :P

818931[/snapback]

I thought Reed got a little less attention than he probably deserved but he most definitely was not a "younger brother" to f'in Andre Rison! Not even close. That’s almost sacrilege. Sharpe had a nice few years but his injury pretty much prevented Reed from taking a back seat to him too.

Honestly it doesn't really matter, I won't B word about Reed not being in the Hall as long as Art Monk is on the outside looking in. That's even a bigger travesty.

Remember when Thurman wasn't selected, the reason was something along the lines of "When you're selecting someone for the hall, you're selecting someone who defines that position"...or something like that.

818849[/snapback]

That seems like all the more reason to vote him in. He was Marshal Faulk before Faulk was Faulk.

Thurman should have gotten in last year. The fact he didn't is a travesty, just like waiting like 10 years to induct Black Sabbath into the Rock N Roll HoF.

That said, I kind of hope he doesn't get in this year. Sure he is tops among the players nominated. But its the non-player eligible that worries me

I have no doubt Tagliabue gets in this year, and the ESPN Tagliabue slurpfest will overshadow Thurman's well deserved day