Some on this board are so quick to jump ship

bluv

I mean Spikes comes off a major injury and in his first play back causes a turnover for a touchdown and then gets a serious hamstring injury. Then because he has not dominated in 2 games back now he is done. Finished. Washed up and maybe would be replaced by a rookie LB. They run Henry a Pro Bowl RB who grew up a Bills fan out of town for a flashy RB from "Da U" and pretty much made him out to be nothing but a bumbling fumbling scrub who had no speed and couldn't catch or block. Now they do the same thing to his replacement. They run Drew out of town and now have their QB of the future and initally said lets be patient. Now 16 games into his development and he is not a Pro Bowl QB now some want to sit him down for a career backup who has shown nothing in the league in Nall. One minute these same fans before the season say they don't expect the team to win more than 4 games this year yet want to replace their young QB who is improving basically because we are not winning with him THIS year; a rebuilding year.

I just don't get it; especially with a player like Spikes who has played in only 2 games after a major injury and has no upgrade at all playing behind him, why are those types so quick to label a player a bust, over rated, or washed up and run them out of town, off the team? One minute these guys are your heros; one or two bad games they suck.

I mean Spikes comes off a major injury and in his first play back causes a turnover for a touchdown and then gets a serious hamstring injury. Then because he has not dominated in 2 games back now he is done. Finished. Washed up and maybe would be replaced by a rookie LB. They run Henry a Pro Bowl RB who grew up a Bills fan out of town for a flashy RB from "Da U" and pretty much made him out to be nothing but a bumbling fumbling scrub who had no speed and couldn't catch or block. Now they do the same thing to his replacement. They run Drew out of town and now have their QB of the future and initally said lets be patient. Now 16 games into his development and he is not a Pro Bowl QB now some want to sit him down for a career backup who has shown nothing in the league in Nall. One minute these same fans before the season say they don't expect the  team to win more than 4 games this year yet want to replace their young QB who is improving basically because we are not winning with him THIS year; a rebuilding year.

I just don't get it; especially with a player like Spikes who has played in only 2 games after a major injury and has no upgrade at all playing behind him, why are those types so quick to label a player a bust, over rated, or washed up and run them out of town, off the team? One minute these guys are your heros; one or two bad games they suck.

818595[/snapback]

Welcome to Buffalo...

I mean Spikes comes off a major injury and in his first play back causes a turnover for a touchdown and then gets a serious hamstring injury. Then because he has not dominated in 2 games back now he is done. Finished. Washed up and maybe would be replaced by a rookie LB. They run Henry a Pro Bowl RB who grew up a Bills fan out of town for a flashy RB from "Da U" and pretty much made him out to be nothing but a bumbling fumbling scrub who had no speed and couldn't catch or block. Now they do the same thing to his replacement. They run Drew out of town and now have their QB of the future and initally said lets be patient. Now 16 games into his development and he is not a Pro Bowl QB now some want to sit him down for a career backup who has shown nothing in the league in Nall. One minute these same fans before the season say they don't expect the  team to win more than 4 games this year yet want to replace their young QB who is improving basically because we are not winning with him THIS year; a rebuilding year.

818595[/snapback]

Good post. Besides the Drew thing, he was a sitting duck back there, you saw all you needed to see against Pitt. in the last game of the season. As fo rthe rest of the post it was good. Spikes wont be the same for a while. I just hope the front office doesnt jump the gun and let him go based on this season. My belief is they know what type of player he is and what he means to that defense. It would be a shame to let him get healthy then release him based on his play or lack of so far.

818595[/snapback]

I agree with what you saying. I've been a Bills forever for years and haven't jumped ship yet and never will.

I just think some of these people are just sick and tired of seeing Buffalo not have a winning season or not make the playoffs so there quick to jump ship when things get rough.

I mean I have been waiting for years to see them get back to the glory days there coming please believe its just taking allot longer than expected.

I mean Spikes comes off a major injury and in his first play back causes a turnover for a touchdown and then gets a serious hamstring injury.

818595[/snapback]

Who Cares. He can't get to plays anymore.

I agree with what you saying.  I've been a Bills forever for years and haven't jumped ship yet and never will.

I just think some of these people are just sick and tired of seeing Buffalo not have a winning season or not make the playoffs so there quick to jump ship when things get rough.

I mean I have been waiting for years to see them get back to the glory days there coming please believe its just taking allot longer than expected.

818602[/snapback]

I think, for many, with JP in particular, some of the impatience comes from the fact that (and I hate saying this) we went through this with RJ. Many, myself included, let what he did well blind us to what he couldn't do. We had a better team during the RJ era, true, but we kept holding on to this notion that something would finally click with him, and he would finally put it all together. To some degree, we did the same thing with Bledsoe. It never happened in either case...I think there is a fear, by many, of wasting too much time on Losman. It is unfortunate, because I feel JP will be an adequate, if not great QB at some point, I just don't think it happens in Buffalo.

As for Takeo, I gotta say, as much as I love the idea of the guy, it hasn't really paid off for the Bills in any way, having him. He is a great player, By the time this young defense is playing at its' "best case scenario" best, Takeo will be two years older and likely not worth whatever it will take to keep him, for the situation the Bills are in. It is not a qustion of not liking Spikes, it is just the harsh reality of sports in the salary cap era. I would imagine, Takeo will be happier somewhere else, when he gets his chance.

I agree 100%. I hope some people aren't as dimwitted in person as they seem on this board.

It seems that for some there are two options: 1) A player is good or 2) A player sucks and should be cut or benched.

818595[/snapback]

I agree with what you saying.  I've been a Bills forever for years and haven't jumped ship yet and never will.

818602[/snapback]

I agree that I've been frustrated with losing as well; we are becoming the new Bengals or the present Cardinals. It's one thing to want your team to win and put a good product on the field. It's another to bash every player who isn't the best at his position in the league as garbage or trash a good player who has a few bad games. Think about; every good player we have had has been bashed and if they aren't labeled as garbage they are labeled as over rated or as bad human beings at one point. If they get cut or traded they are label washed up and have bad luck wished upon them. My biggest issue is that it is suppose to be other teams fans that constanly bash our best players not Bills fans themselves as we are suppose to be defending them.

I agree 100%. I hope some people aren't as dimwitted in person as they seem on this board.

It seems that for some there are two options: 1) A player is good or 2) A player sucks and should be cut or benched.

818744[/snapback]

No, great players should play and always play great. Good players on the bench and the rest cut. Now if we could only find all great and good players for the Bills.

Who Cares.  He can't get to plays anymore.

818648[/snapback]

See what I mean; attitudes like this. I mean Spikes is not close to a %100, hasn't played but 2 games this year and some act like he can't and will never be able to make plays. If you go back and watch the film, like NFL Shortcuts you will see that he made a couple of decent tackles close to the line of scrimmage. No he didn't make any sacks or tackles for lost but he is coming back off a major injury, recovering from a major hamstring injury while learning a new position in a new system.

Now I don't want this article to become one solely about Spikes; save that for another topic. But it's comments like this. I mean if a good player like Spikes has any hangups he is quickly jumped on. But if he was a Free Agent, playing good and didn't re-sign the fans would be crying about loyalty. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Maybe if Jon Losman showed some SKILL at quarterback...he makes it look like he's in college playing against pro's. And while you say be patient he's only started so and so games - Has he shown much in those games to make you believe he's got "it" ? I haven't seen much.

His passes seem to lack finesse and touch when they need to...it's been said he's got a rocket arm and can throw the deep pass with the best of them...soooooo when is that going to happen? All I see is him overthrowing his receivers when they are wide open. (Minus the broken play to Parrish against Detroit.)

Bledsoe chokes when the game is on the line, I think that was the main reason Bills fans wanted him gone. I sure did after the way he GAVE the Steelers that win in the 2004 season finale. I haven't given up on Spikes just yet, though he seems to be slower to react to game speed. That could and I hope will change in the coming weeks.

My main gripe is Losman though...i've never been so nervous watching him play. It's like he's a turnover waiting to happen. I can't think of ONE clutch play he's made this year when the Bills really needed it.

I don't think the o-line is as bad as everyone says at pass blocking...run blocking sure seems to suck for the most part. Losman just can't make quick reads or the coaches are calling plays that involve the receivers running routes too far up the field so that by the time they're open Losman is running for his life and doesn't really seem like he knows what to do.

RANT OVER. :P

I think, for many, with JP in particular, some of the impatience comes from the fact that (and I hate saying this) we went through this with RJ.........I think there is a fear, by many, of wasting too much time on Losman.......

818743[/snapback]

Just because we understand why some people act/react to certain things does not make it excusable or them correct. It merely makes it understandable.

See what I mean; attitudes like this. I mean Spikes is not close to a %100, hasn't played but 2 games this year and some act like he can't and will never be able to make plays. If you go back and watch the film, like NFL Shortcuts you will see that he made a couple of decent tackles close to the line of scrimmage. No he didn't make any sacks or tackles for lost but he is coming back off a major injury, recovering from a major hamstring injury while learning a new position in a new system.

Now I don't want this article to become one solely about Spikes; save that for another topic. But it's comments like this. I mean if a good player like Spikes has any hangups he is quickly jumped on. But if he was a Free Agent, playing good and didn't re-sign the fans would be crying about loyalty. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

818812[/snapback]

Uh, I think JinVA was being sarcastic.

Maybe if Jon Losman showed some SKILL at quarterback...he makes it look like he's in college playing against pro's. And while you say be patient he's only started so and so games - Has he shown much in those games to make you believe he's got "it" ? I haven't seen much.

His passes seem to lack finesse and touch when they need to...it's been said he's got a rocket arm and can throw the deep pass with the best of them...soooooo when is that going to happen? All I see is him overthrowing his receivers when they are wide open. (Minus the broken play to Parrish against Detroit.)

Bledsoe chokes when the game is on the line, I think that was the main reason Bills fans wanted him gone. I sure did after the way he GAVE the Steelers that win in the 2004 season finale. I haven't given up on Spikes just yet, though he seems to be slower to react to game speed. That could and I hope will change in the coming weeks.

My main gripe is Losman though...i've never been so nervous watching him play. It's like he's a turnover waiting to happen. I can't think of ONE clutch play he's made this year when the Bills really needed it.

I don't think the o-line is as bad as everyone says at pass blocking...run blocking sure seems to suck for the most part. Losman just can't make quick reads or the coaches are calling plays that involve the receivers running routes too far up the field so that by the time they're open Losman is running for his life and doesn't really seem like he knows what to do.

RANT OVER.  :P

818889[/snapback]

WOW. I'm not a JP apologist but what team are you watching?

818595[/snapback]

I will never deny of TKO's dominance in years past. I think there are two items that standout concerning him:

#1 being that the type of injury he sustained has a very low 'return to 100%' recovery rate. He has not shown anything different than other players who sustain an achilles injury.

#2 his comments early on were somewhat surprising regarding TV's move to IR and his eventual release. While I don't want to see TKO leave, I think he may choose to leave at the end of this season.

He's nowhere near what he used to be, it's reality and it sucks and I wish it wasn't this way but it is.

818595[/snapback]

I guess I don't understand the motivation behind these generalization/straw-man/condescending threads. "Look at me - I'm the voice of reason and smarter than everyone else".

What is your point? Did the fans really run Bledsoe/Henry out of town? Was everybody thrilled about their replacement draft picks (McGahee/JP) at the time? Because I seem to recall the contrary - there were plenty of critics of those picks and those critics were labeled as fair-weather idiots - probably by people like you who defend the laundry no matter what.

In any case, are you saying we'd be much better with Bledsoe/Henry here? And what percentage of fans actually want to see JP benched at this point? Maybe like 2 guys; but lets pretend it's more like 80% of us are for it just because it makes you feel smarter?