Get a bang out of your Scion tC

stuckincincy

Wouldn't this just spill your Starbucks? :lol:

"Toyota recalls Scion tC sports coupes

WASHINGTON - Toyota Motor Corp. said Tuesday it was recalling about 30,000 Scion tC sports coupes over concerns that the side air bags could inadvertently deploy if the door is slammed forcefully.

The recall affects about 20 percent of the tCs produced during the 2005 and 2006 model years, Toyota said. The vehicle is only sold in the United States.

The automaker said seat-mounted side air bags and side curtain air bags could deploy if the door on that side of the vehicle is closed forcefully while the ignition is on or within 90 seconds of when the ignition is turned off."...

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/15838767.htm

Oh no. This can't be true. Despite numerous recalls to the contrary, people treat Toyota as a perfect manufacturer when in reality they are not a great deal better than any of them.

I know you know it. But do you know I know it?

Oh no. This can't be true. Despite numerous recalls to the contrary, people treat Toyota as a perfect manufacturer when in reality they are not a great deal better than any of them.

I know you know it. But do you know I know it?

818659[/snapback]

You know I know you know you and me have discussed cars you might buy, and you know I know you know that you will never be happy with any car.

You know? :P

Cool, maybe this will lessen the resale value on them, which will make this particular model all the more attractive when I buy a new car early next year :lol:

The car I REALLY want is a mazdaspeed 3, but not sure I want to spend quite that much.

Cool, maybe this will lessen the resale value on them, which will make this particular model all the more attractive when I buy a new car early next year :lol: 

The car I REALLY want is a mazdaspeed 3, but not sure I want to spend quite that much.

819198[/snapback]

You mean the supercharged protege? Come on man lol

My sister just bought the Mazda 3 (base) and my friend has a 99 Protege. Personally, the Protege is way too small inside for my taste.

You mean the supercharged protege?  Come on man lol

My sister just bought the Mazda 3 (base) and my friend has a 99 Protege.  Personally, the Protege is way too small inside for my taste.

819305[/snapback]

Dude, the mazdaspeed 3 is the hottest car on the market right now. Check out the reviews!

I owned a 2000 Protege for five years and loved it. I don't know how big you expect the inside of the car to be, but I'm 6'2" and 275 and had plenty of room in there. I think you may have been in a pre-'99 protege before the design change.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=116119

Dude, the mazdaspeed 3 is the hottest car on the market right now. Check out the reviews!

I owned a 2000 Protege for five years and loved it. I don't know how big you expect the inside of the car to be, but I'm 6'2" and 275 and had plenty of room in there. I think you  may have been in a pre-'99 protege before the design change.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=116119

819308[/snapback]

I'm 6 feet 220. I could still kick your ass though :lol:. I have a 2000 Civic at the moment and I find it small inside. I don't know, I like being able to have complete leg room in a car. I guess that's why I want to make my next vehicle an SUV or pickup once I start working full time.

I know about the MazdaSpeed, i just don't like the shape and style of the protege's. I like the new shape of the Mazda 3 though. It feels like the interior of a German car.

Edit

I didn't know that they made a Mazda Speed with the shape of the new Mazda 3's. I stand corrected, it is a nice car.

I'm 6 feet 220.  I could still kick your ass though :lol:.  I have a 2000 Civic at the moment and I find it small inside.  I don't know, I like being able to have complete leg room in a car.  I guess that's why I want to make my next vehicle an SUV or pickup once I start working full time. 

I know about the MazdaSpeed, i just don't like the shape and style of the protege's.  I like the new shape of the Mazda 3 though.  It feels like the interior of a German car.

Edit

I didn't know that they made a Mazda Speed with the shape of the new Mazda 3's.  I stand corrected, it is a nice car.

819311[/snapback]

lol, if only the Germans would actually make a car worth a damn in my price range! That new GTi looks like a pretty good car, but it's overpriced. I can't justify it over the Mazda 3. I usually don't like going with a car that everyone and their mother owns, but I think the 3 is the front runner right now.

And I agree with you about the shape. I don't really care for the hatchback version, but I like the coupe.

lol, if only the Germans would actually make a car worth a damn in my price range! That new GTi looks like a pretty good car, but it's overpriced. I can't justify it over the Mazda 3. I usually don't like going with a car that everyone and their mother owns, but I think the 3 is the front runner right now.

And I agree with you about the shape. I don't really care for the hatchback version, but I like the coupe.

819312[/snapback]

GTI is overpriced. When i went shopping with my sister for her new car, I sat in one and I liked the feel of it. Japanese just dominates the small car market at the moment and it doesn't look like it's going to change for a long time.

GTI is overpriced.  When i went shopping with my sister for her new car, I sat in one and I liked the feel of it.  Japanese just dominates the small car market at the moment and it doesn't look like it's going to change for a long time.

819315[/snapback]

Yep, I agree. I think if I went with a Civic, I'd try and find a one or two year old Civic Si....that's a pretty hot car.

I'm 6 feet 220.  I could still kick your ass though :P.  I have a 2000 Civic at the moment and I find it small inside.  I don't know, I like being able to have complete leg room in a car.  I guess that's why I want to make my next vehicle an SUV or pickup once I start working full time. 

I know about the MazdaSpeed, i just don't like the shape and style of the protege's.  I like the new shape of the Mazda 3 though.  It feels like the interior of a German car.

Edit

I didn't know that they made a Mazda Speed with the shape of the new Mazda 3's.  I stand corrected, it is a nice car.

819311[/snapback]

Believe it or not... My Jeep TJ (Wrangler) has awesome leg and head room... Yes... A Jeep... Then again, don't try and sit in the back seat. :lol::P

I go 6-3, 235...

:lol:

Believe it or not... My Jeep TJ (Wrangler) has awesome leg and head room... Yes... A Jeep... Then again, don't try and sit in the back seat. :lol:  :P

I go 6-3, 235...

819318[/snapback]

One of my brothers has a 2003 Jeep TJ. I borrowed it for a week. It's crap.

Yep, I agree. I think if I went with a Civic, I'd try and find a one or two year old Civic Si....that's a pretty hot car.

819316[/snapback]

They are overpriced. Adding the SI option to a civic will add like 3-4 k on the price of the car. I'm not into making econoboxes fast. I'd rather just save up my money and get a base car that is fast or powerful rather than adding an 800$ modification on a crap econobox such as, for example, a Honda Fit.

One of my brothers has a 2003 Jeep TJ.  I borrowed it for a week.  It's crap.

819319[/snapback]

Why is it crap?

I have my new one since June (owned one years ago)... I plan on driving the thing forever...

Yes, they are rough, bumpy, noisy and whatever! That is what I love about it... Everything... I can do myself on it... And the '06 will be the last with the venerable AMC (cast iron) inline 6... Thing should last me a 1/2 million miles... Parts are easy to get too...

Last of the dinos... Did I mention it gets sucky gas milelage... :lol::P

Why is it crap?

I have my new one since June (owned one years ago)... I plan on driving the thing forever...

Yes, they are rough, bumpy, noisy and whatever!  That is what I love about it... Everything... I can do myself on it... And the '06 will be the last with the venerable AMC (cast iron) inline 6... Thing should last me a 1/2  million miles... Parts are easy to get too...

Last of the dinos... Did I mention it gets sucky gas milelage... :lol:  :P

819321[/snapback]

I feel like I'm on a boat. Sure it's great for off-roading. It's just not something I need a vehicle for. I do a shitload of miles every year and I'd rather they be comfortable miles.

I feel like I'm on a boat.  Sure it's great for off-roading.  It's just not something I need a vehicle for.  I do a shitload of miles every year and I'd rather they be comfortable miles.

819323[/snapback]

so basicall you want a car that offers a comfortable ride, with plenty of room, and that goes really fast. I think most of want a car like that, but they're hard to find in the $15-18k price range, lol. If you're unwilling to compromise in these areas, then you're car is in the $25-35k range....that's more than i want to spend, so I'm willing to make compromises :lol:

I feel like I'm on a boat.  Sure it's great for off-roading.  It's just not something I need a vehicle for.  I do a shitload of miles every year and I'd rather they be comfortable miles.

819323[/snapback]

I hear you.

So it isn't really "crap"... Just "crap" for what you use it for?... Can't really take umbrage to that...

Sure the old joke was that the old CJs would roll of the line with rust... :lol::P Those days are gone... Couple that with modern fuel injection, computers, and what not... You got a tank that will last forever with proper maint... Sure you sacrifice ride. Mine, I even installed a navi system that doubles out of the OEM docking station as a trail guide... How cool is that...

BTW... If I want comfort, I "steal" my wife's Pacifica limited... :P:lol:

so basicall you want a car that offers a comfortable ride, with plenty of room, and that goes really fast. I think most of want a car like that, but they're hard to find in the $15-18k price range, lol. If you're unwilling to compromise in these areas, then you're car is in the $25-35k range....that's more than i want to spend, so I'm willing to make compromises :P

819324[/snapback]

Yes and I'd like it on a platter please :lol:

I eventually plan on getting something more to my liking, but for now I must sacrifice and drive my econobox civic.

I hear you.

So it isn't really "crap"... Just "crap" for what you use it for?... Can't really take umbrage to that...

Sure the old joke was that the old CJs would roll of the line with rust... :lol:  :P  Those days are gone... Couple that with modern fuel injection, computers, and what not... You got a tank that will last forever with proper maint... Sure you sacrifice ride.  Mine, I even installed a navi system that doubles out of the OEM docking station as a trail guide... How cool is that...

BTW... If I want comfort, I "steal" my wife's Pacifica limited... :P  :lol:

819326[/snapback]

Well, if I wanted a truck that could go off-road, I'd go with a Land Rover :lol: