Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Guess the GOP is afraid to "scare" up the base this time around. That he said this publicly is unreal.

"The challenge is to get Americans to focus on pocketbook issues, and not on the Iraq and terror issue," Frist said in an interview with the Concord Monitor on Tuesday.

He went on to emphasize how great it is that Americans got a tax cut.

Frist suggested that Republicans remind voters of subjects like tax cuts and lower gas prices, the result, he said, of the energy bill passed by Congress last year.

That's all well and good but I can't get over the eff up that is Iraq. Oh, and I'm a bit unhappy about tax cuts when the size of government expands AND that Iraq war that I'm supposed to forget has cost upwards of $330,000,000,000.00 so far. That's only $200,000,000 a day though.

But hey, I got a $200 tax break. Thanks Bill!

The GOP doesn't deserve to win. The best thing right now would be a Democratic win in November to restore gridlock to the government.

link

The GOP doesn't deserve to win. The best thing right now would be a Democratic win in November to restore gridlock to the government.

818369[/snapback]

It baffles me how people can vote for Repubs based on tax policy. What their mainstream does is spend just as much as the pie-in-the-sky Dem contingent wants to, only on different areas, and push the nasty-ass debt down the line so someone else can pay for it. Then make that debt a campaign issue against the other party. :lol: But it works b/c of apathy.

Someone has a tagline quoting Bob Dole: 'We need to get back to the politics of failure' or somesuch. I don't know if this gridlock concept is what he had in mind, but that's a good way of explaining what needs to happen. Best way we have to make sure govt doesn't do much more than they should.

What is so frustrating about Iraq is that this admin holds our schools to more account with NCLB saying that if X goal isn't reached and things aren't working by X date, the sh-- hits the fan. Yet in Iraq, our goals cannot have anything like a deadline. How do 'the terrorists win' with a deadline for the Iraqi govt to take over? To me, it sets a fire under their ass that they're going to be responsible for themselves --- same concept of the deadbeat live-in brother-in-law. Sure, they're two very different areas, but this is delving into overall guiding philosophy.

Someone has a tagline quoting Bob Dole: 'We need to get back to the politics of failure' or somesuch. I don't know if this gridlock concept is what he had in mind, but that's a good way of explaining what needs to happen. Best way we have to make sure govt doesn't do much more than they should.

818505[/snapback]

0:)

dude, that's a line from The Simpsons 1996 Halloween episode Treehouse of Horror VII

:P

:lol:

Kang: The politics of failure have failed. We need to make them work again. Tomorrow, when you are sealed in the voting cubicle, vote for me, Senator Ka... Bob Dole.