SABRES 10-0

duey

The Sabres do not have a loss in the official (historical) loss column... Right now they are 10-0-1... :(  :(

Before shootouts... That one would have been a tie... Now stands as an OT/SO loss... Which really isn't a regulation loss or a true loss.

...Ahhh who cares, I am just trying to split hairs...

:)

820823[/snapback]

I noticed that on the standings but couldnt figure it out ...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you're having a bad day when the Riddler is explaining stuff AND you understand it.

820853[/snapback]

:pirate::devil:

I think the streak should still stand... Buffalo is still technically undefeated because the SO loss is not recorded in the "official" loss column.

I think somebody posted it at Sabrespace... The Maple Leafs should have an * next to their name... I agree, but somethings would have to happen first... Here they are:

1. Bufalo doesn't get an "official" 1 in the main loss column before you subtract SO wins from the total wins in the "official" win column.

I don't see why they don't give you a win/loss and a tie like they did in the old days... You win a game in reg or OT, you get a W... You lose in reg or OT, you get a L... You force a game to a shoot out and the losing team gets a T the winning team would get the 2 points in another (fourth column) for SO wins.

This seems more organized and the SO win wouldn't effect things historically and the mess that surrounded the Sabres current streak.

I love the SO... Yet, it annoys me that basically a crapshoot gets you a W in the official W column.

It is basically HARDER to continue a streak when these (current SO rules) are in place.

I don't know why the Maple Leafs see it as a benefit? Even at the worst throw SO's out the window and what is Buffalo now 8-0?

But... I am rambling again... :D