SABRES 10-0

duey

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly do you disagree with?

820029[/snapback]

Probably the "throw a cold goalie into the shootout" thing. The only goalie I've ever seen come in cold an manage a shootout is Patrick Roy and please don't compare Marty to Roy.

Sabres are first place..Atlanta is a few points behind in 2nd. You don't start the "B" goalie.

If the Sabres were indeed "tight" because of the chance to break the record, that's a reasonable excuse.  I guess we'll see now that the pressure's off.

819549[/snapback]

I am sure the Sabres wouldn't look at it as an excuse, but did anyone else get that sense in the first period? It seemed as though some of the passes in the Atlanta end were just a tad too crisp...it certainly looked like nerves to me. Lehtinen was very solid.

Atlanta played a very smart game against the Sabres. The Sabres could not really connnect on a lot of long passes, and Atlanta played their lanes very well for spells, during the game. Still, the Sabres created ample quality scoring chances for themselves. The fact that they got a point out of it was very satisfying...I can't believe there are those doubting how good they really are, right now.

Probably the "throw a cold goalie into the shootout" thing. The only goalie I've ever seen come in cold an manage a shootout is Patrick Roy and please don't compare Marty to Roy.

Sabres are first place..Atlanta is a few points behind in 2nd. You don't start the "B" goalie.

820067[/snapback]

Yeah I suppose that was an ignorant comment.

Whether or not you believe they should have started Biron from the beginning or not, one thing still remains.

1. Miller gave up 5 goals. A few of which were pretty silly and on his "on" nights he could have probably easily stopped.

2. Miller *could* have been tired ... we may never know.

Yeah I suppose that was an ignorant comment.

Whether or not you believe they should have started Biron from the beginning or not, one thing still remains.

1. Miller gave up 5 goals. A few of which were pretty silly and on his "on" nights he could have probably easily stopped.

2. Miller *could* have been tired ... we may never know.

820074[/snapback]

The Sabres should NEVER start Marty Biron against Atlanta if they have a reasonable alternative. The Thrashers are Marty's personal horror show.

Even when Atlanta was a truly bad team, they did bad things to him. Bad things, man. :devil:

The Sabres should NEVER start Marty Biron against Atlanta if they have a reasonable alternative.  The Thrashers are Marty's personal horror show.

Even when Atlanta was a truly bad team, they did bad things to him.  Bad things, man.  :devil:

820588[/snapback]

You mean like making him lose? I guess Miller and Biron are even now.

You mean like making him lose? I guess Miller and Biron are even now.

820681[/snapback]

Not even close. Even with what you seem to be describing as a horrible game by Ryan, he's 2-1-1 lifetime against Kovalchuk and company with a 2.47 GAA and a 0.924 SV%.

Marty is 4-9, with a 3.51 GAA and a 0.856 SV%. A large part of Marty's former reputation for giving up the soft goal at the most inopportune of times was earned playing against the Thrashers. That 3.51 GAA is even worse when you consider that Marty has been playing against these guys since they were an expansion team. In a year that they only won 19 games all season, Marty pitched a 16 save shutout in an 8-0 victory and LOST the other 3 TIMES to them. The next year, he blew a 3-0 lead, giving up 4 goals on 12 shots en route to a 6-4 loss at home.

As I stated before, I would NEVER start Marty against Atlanta unless there was no other option available. Ryan coming off a full day's rest and only playing 2 other games that week was not tired. Not after only playing 8 games prior to this one in the entire month, especially in October.

Not even close.  Even with what you seem to be describing as a horrible game by Ryan, he's 2-1-1 lifetime against Kovalchuk and company with a 2.47 GAA and a 0.924 SV%.

Marty is 4-9, with a 3.51 GAA and a 0.856 SV%.  A large part of Marty's former reputation for giving up the soft goal at the most inopportune of times was earned playing against the Thrashers.  That 3.51 GAA is even worse when you consider that Marty has been playing against these guys since they were an expansion team.  In a year that they only won 19 games all season, Marty pitched a 16 save shutout in an 8-0 victory and LOST the other 3 TIMES to them.  The next year, he blew a 3-0 lead, giving up 4 goals on 12 shots en route to a 6-4 loss at home.

As I stated before, I would NEVER start Marty against Atlanta unless there was no other option available.  Ryan coming off a full day's rest and only playing 2 other games that week was not tired.  Not after only playing 8 games prior to this one in the entire month, especially in October.

820791[/snapback]

And yet we still lost ... :(

How can you be sure!

820808[/snapback]

Well if they don't, i'll !@#$ing bow down and say the Sabres are the best team to ever lace up their skates. But regardless, picking apart an overtime loss against a good team when you're 10-0 is !@#$ing stupid.

Well if they don't, i'll !@#$ing bow down and say the Sabres are the best team to ever lace up their skates.  But regardless, picking apart an overtime loss against a good team  when you're 10-0 is !@#$ing stupid.

820819[/snapback]

Agreed. When they become 10-2 then we'll tar and feather the !@#$ers.

It better not be ONE game over 7... :D  :(  :(  :(

What was the best the NHL ever had (80 games)?  Canadiens lost a min of 8 once, right (1976)?

:)

820818[/snapback]

I don't remember. You could easily find it on google. Detroit had more wins but the Habs finished with more points. Technically though, I wasn't even born when this happened.

Explain this please.

820817[/snapback]

The Sabres do not have a loss in the official (historical) loss column... Right now they are 10-0-1... :(:(

Before shootouts... That one would have been a tie... Now stands as an OT/SO loss... Which really isn't a regulation loss or a true loss.

...Ahhh who cares, I am just trying to split hairs...

The Sabres do not have a loss in the official (historical) loss column... Right now they are 10-0-1... :(  :(

Before shootouts... That one would have been a tie... Now stands as an OT/SO loss... Which really isn't a regulation loss or a true loss.

...Ahhh who cares, I am just trying to split hairs...

820823[/snapback]

Split them, then we can say we hold a record in the city of Buffalo.