SABRES 10-0

duey

Here's the problem with that.  The Sabres are playing the games under the current rules.  Had it been under the old rules where they would have ended the game in a tie perhaps they would have fought a little harder to get that last goal.  But because that leads to the world of make believe.  You can't punish the Sabres for the fact that the NHL has devised a new way to win games.

The Penguins in 92-93 had 17 in a row.

818358[/snapback]

Everybody should just settle down... It is a long, LONG season...

:lol::)

Streak, Long Way To Go...

But the worst outcome after a fast start belongs to the 1986-87 Pittsburgh Penguins, who started the season with seven-straight wins -- but didn't even make the playoffs.

:P0:)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who won the game?

819394[/snapback]

See Darin... I do agree with you... The guys above need to read more carefully and understand what you were calling "meaningless".

It was meaningless... :lol::P

The fact the Atlanta did win albeit a SO... Even after having a tough road stint...

Meaningless:

Nope. Just that playing 3, much less 4, road games within the space of 6 days is a tall order for any team. The Sabres have more talent, have played just 2 relatively easy road games in that same timeperiod, and will be at home.

Who won the game?

819394[/snapback]

See Darin... I do agree with you... The guys above need to read more carefully and understand what you were calling "meaningless".

It was meaningless... :lol:  :P

The fact the Atlanta did win albeit a SO... Even after having a tough road stint...

Meaningless:

Nope.  Just that playing 3, much less 4, road games within the space of 6 days is a tall order for any team.  The Sabres have more talent, have played just 2 relatively easy road games in that same timeperiod, and will be at home.

819396[/snapback]

Just because the Sabres didnt win the game doesnt mean the point was meaningless. For all we know Atlanta would have beat us 7-4 if they werent on that long road stretch. We just dont know, so you cant call it meaningless.

Just because the Sabres didnt win the game doesnt mean the point was meaningless. For all we know Atlanta would have beat us 7-4 if they werent on that long road stretch. We just dont know, so you cant call it meaningless.

819404[/snapback]

Come on that is a big what if...

God you guys are defensive... THE GAME/POINT IS NOT MEANINGLESS...

Darin's reply to the post about Atlanta coming off the tough stretch... That IS meaningless...

I guess reading comphrension is bad today... We need threaded views back again... I will cut you some slack...

You guys aren't as bad as Rich in Ohio was...

:lol::P

Come on that is a big what if...

God you guys are defensive... THE GAME/POINT IS NOT MEANINGLESS...

Darin's reply to the post about Atlanta coming off the tough stretch... That IS meaningless...

I guess reading comphrension is bad today... We need threaded views back again... I will cut you some slack...

You guys aren't as bad as Rich in Ohio was...

:P  :lol:

819405[/snapback]

I think my reading comprehension is just off tonight because I still cant seem to understand what your saying . :lol:

Just got done watching the game.

Sure, it is a little disappointing to lose, but all in all, a good effort, aganist a pretty damn good team. After the first period, Mike Robatille was talking about how the Sabres had just played their best first period of the season. I wondered if he was wathching the same game as me. Leave it to Jim Lorentz (the Chris Collinsworth of NHL analysts!), just prior to the second, to see things a little more realistically. I couldn't help, at least in the first period, the Sabres, as well as they played, were a little tight, and maybe a little nervous.

The record was meaningless anyways. Seeing as to the slow starts the Sabres normally get off to, coming out the first month of the season with 21 of a possible 22 points is still an incredible feat...nicely done boys!

Just got done watching the game. 

Sure, it is a little disappointing to lose, but all in all, a good effort, aganist a pretty damn good team.  After the first period, Mike Robatille was talking about how the Sabres had just played their best first period of the season.  I wondered if he was wathching the same game as me.  Leave it to Jim Lorentz (the Chris Collinsworth of NHL analysts!), just prior to the second, to see things a little more realistically. I couldn't help, at least in the first period, the Sabres, as well as they played, were a little tight, and maybe a little nervous. 

The record was meaningless anyways.  Seeing as to the slow starts the Sabres normally get off to, coming out the first month of the season with 21 of a possible 22 points is still an incredible feat...nicely done boys!

819418[/snapback]

Yeah and about 70 points away from a playoff spot ... its still kinda hard to believe that they have nearly 1/3rd of the points they need only 1/8th of the way into the season.

Any guesses to how many points will win the East this season? I'll go with 112.

819404[/snapback]

Just when I thought you'd posted the stupidest thing possible, you trump yourself. The Law is a perfect profession for you.

Thanks for the view from Illinois.  As d_i_b said, given the advantages the Sabres had, they probably would have lost bad to the Thrashers had the roles been reversed, and that's what's so disappointing.

819407[/snapback]

There's absolutely no way to know what would have happened had the roles been reversed.

Maybe the Sabres win last night 5-0 if Vanek buries his early chance with an open net. Maybe the Sabres win the shootout last night if Vanek's shoot-out shot went into the net after hitting the crossbar. I'm not picking on Vanek (thought he played great last night) but the game was pretty close and could have gone either way with a bounce here or there.

If the Sabres were indeed "tight" because of the chance to break the record, that's a reasonable excuse.  I guess we'll see now that the pressure's off.

819549[/snapback]

or maybe Atl is a good team and Lehtenin played his ass off..the save he made on Vanek late was unreal