SABRES 10-0

duey

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the trouth, I don't give a crap about the record. All I care about is enjoying this season watching (ok listening to, haven't had a chance to watch a game yet) this fun and exciting team and hoping it ends in them hoisting a Cup O' Slugs.

Yep. It's a grind going on a 4-game road trip, and add to that the deflation of losing to the worst team in the league, it will be a monumental task to go INTO the arena of the best team in the league, who hasn't taken a night off yet (well, at least against top-caliber competition), and win. But that's why they play the game. I just don't see it happening.

Yep.  It's a grind going on a 4-game road trip, and add to that the deflation of losing to the worst team in the league, it will be a monumental task to go INTO the arena of the best team in the league, who hasn't taken a night off yet (well, at least against top-caliber competition), and win.  But that's why they play the game.  I just don't see it happening.

818214[/snapback]

Not to mention that the Sabres *might* , just *might* be a little fired up over the chance of getting the record.

I wouldnt be suprised to see a 2-3 goal victory. :lol:

Not to mention that the Sabres *might* , just *might* be a little fired up over the chance of getting the record.

I wouldnt be suprised to see a 2-3 goal victory.  :lol:

818216[/snapback]

I have a feeling the crowd is going to be just a little over the top. Would love to be there. If I wasn't having my halloween party that night I'd hop on a plane and be there, regardless of the cost.

Barry Melrose said on ESPN that the Sabres are by far the best team in hockey right now. He said the only bad thing to happen to the Sabres were "those horrible jerseys, where the throwbacks every game" he said... :lol:  :o

818228[/snapback]

The Isles TV crew were taking shots at the slug too. I'm sorry but the slug just isn't growing on me at all. Not even the winning streak can help. Those unis are just plain awful.

Technically, the 3 shootout wins, in the old rule system, would've been ties.  Apparently the Leafs in '93 won 9 games in regulation and one in OT I belive.  That's what he's alluding to.  Either way, this team is amazing.

818176[/snapback]

Here's the problem with that. The Sabres are playing the games under the current rules. Had it been under the old rules where they would have ended the game in a tie perhaps they would have fought a little harder to get that last goal. But because that leads to the world of make believe. You can't punish the Sabres for the fact that the NHL has devised a new way to win games.

What's the record for most consecutive wins in the NHL?

I know the Islanders had 15 in a row in the early 80s, but I think someone else might have broken it.

818356[/snapback]

The Penguins in 92-93 had 17 in a row.

This question of whether the shootout should count as a win is ABSURD.........If I'm not mistaken, losing is a possibilty in the shootout.....isn't it?

For what its worth I would love to see the Sabres 18 games (shootouts count) and break the Dolphins record. Thennnn we'll see what John Clayton has to say about Buffalo!! :lol:

Barry Melrose said on ESPN that the Sabres are by far the best team in hockey right now. He said the only bad thing to happen to the Sabres were "those horrible jerseys, where the throwbacks every game" he said...

I finally agree with Melrose on somethinG!!! :lol: