SABRES 10-0

duey

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh?

818171[/snapback]

Read it somewhere today (a couple of places, actually, which makes me think it came over the AP wire). The league "chose to recognize" the Sabres' winning streak; apparently there was some minor contention as to whether or not a shootout win is really a win.

To which I say: you made the rules, it goes in the win column, it's a win. Stop !@#$ing around. It's not a choice.

Eh #2

818172[/snapback]

Technically, the 3 shootout wins, in the old rule system, would've been ties. Apparently the Leafs in '93 won 9 games in regulation and one in OT I belive. That's what he's alluding to. Either way, this team is amazing.

You mean that teams that lost to the Flosers tonight in a SO?  The team that lost it's last 2 games and who will be playing it's 3rd road game in 4 days and 4th road game in 6 days?

818191[/snapback]

Yes, I mean that team, which before tonight was 7-1-2. Quite frankly, if the Sabres don't show up like they didn't tonight, ATL has the talent (unlike the Islanders) to make them pay.

I said on the Sabres board that I think the Sabres need to win 4 more games in regulation or OT to truly break the record.

818179[/snapback]

No they need one more win to tie the record. Look at the standings, what does it say? Sabres 10-0. 'Nuff said.

Yes, I mean that team, which before tonight was 7-1-2.  Quite frankly, if the Sabres don't show up like they didn't tonight, ATL has the talent (unlike the Islanders) to make them pay.

It doesn't matter what their previous record was. They just lost to the Flosers. And they'll be on the road again against a much better team. I think the Sabres could play the way they did tonight and still romp. But I hope they bring a little more just to be sure. :lol:

It doesn't matter what their previous record was.  They just lost to the Flosers.  And they'll be on the road again against a much better team.  I think the Sabres could play the way they did tonight and still romp.  But I hope they bring a little more just to be sure. :lol:

818196[/snapback]

By that logic, Atlanta shouldn't play another game, they'll lose to everyone in the NHL