Finally got to see Jericho

dib

• 3 weeks later...

The morse code for this week's show was "Robs not FBI".

The first three octets of the IP address that Hawkins types are "29.203.39". The 29 network is assigned to the United States Department of Defense.

In the fourth episode, Hawkins learns from a co-conspirator that there is a traitor among their group -- people who seem to have known about the nuclear attacks in advance, and prepared for them. He then warns other members of his group though a secure computer in his basement that "WE HAVE A TRAITOR. THE RALLY POINT IS NO LONGER SECURE." Later in the episode "9:02", Hawkins is told by a co-conspirator via the secure connection that the conspirator has been "compromised." It is a possibility that Jericho may be the "Rally Point" -- a meeting place for Hawkins' mysterious group.

What's wrong with it?  (i've heard it's nowhere near as good as TiVo...)

834732[/snapback]

I'm on my third unit in the three months since I got DirecTV. The first one, if I remember correctly, had a failing hard drive. Second one would lock up every three days. This one might be going back also, it seems it has an issue with keeping settings for my Transponder info, so I lose my locals. Don't even get me started on the installer and lack of phone support. I never had this many problems with Time Warner. I might go back to TW if I have anymore issues between now and the new year.

• 1 year later...
Two episodes left before the series is done. Think CBS might pick it back up?

Look at the Nielsen ratings....

Doesn't look good. Doing noticeably worse than it did last season.

I just think it moves too slowly for most viewers. I watch Lost and that show moves slow. Jericho moves s...................l................o.......................w and it's only come on in actually interesting me the last two weeks with me wanting to see the J&R guy get his; even that should have been done in one ep. The writers knew they were under the gun and didn't tighten anything in the script.

SciFi Channel may pick it up, as they had talked about it when Jericho was first slated for cancellation.

I've read somewhere that they taped two season finale episodes. One that ties everything up and one cliffhanger in case the ratings justified bringing it back. Sadly, I'm guessing that we'll be seeing the end of Jericho next week.

No! A thousand times No!

It has to come back- I'm sick to death of reality/ dancing/singing/dumb@ss 5th grader shows. Lets quit dumbing down T.V. (any more)

BTW Wierdness when I heard the head Ravenwood bad guy's last name. It's the same as mine. I replayed 2-3x to make sure I was hearing it correctly

I've read somewhere that they taped two season finale episodes. One that ties everything up and one cliffhanger in case the ratings justified bringing it back. Sadly, I'm guessing that we'll be seeing the end of Jericho next week.

I can see based on last nights episode where they could continue if it was picked up for a 3rd season. I just wonder how they'll wrap it all up next week.

I can see based on last nights episode where they could continue if it was picked up for a 3rd season. I just wonder how they'll wrap it all up next week.

Probably just have the conspiracy exposed and have the military arrest the Cheyenne government and reunite the country. Something like that. I really enjoyed this season. It seemed like they finally found their stride. Too bad it looks like there won't be a third.

Probably just have the conspiracy exposed and have the military arrest the Cheyenne government and reunite the country. Something like that. I really enjoyed this season. It seemed like they finally found their stride. Too bad it looks like there won't be a third.

This season was certainly better than last season but quite frankly, losing this show won't be as bad as losing 'The Nine' or 'Journey Man'. Those two shows were far more complex and interesting.

Word is that CBS will be showing the non-cliffhanger, wrap-up ending.

Don't exactly know how they're going to do that in 1 hour. But if they can, then why the hell haven't they done more like that throughout the series? First of all, this is a show where American cities are nuked; not the most inviting topic for family viewing. Then, people are off-put by storylines that develop then get cut off --- so the story unfolding that you just spent an hour watching became moot and they were right back to where they started (to wit, the ep with the journalist this season --- you think 'Hey, the word might get out' and then bam, 'heart attack'). An 'inverted V' storyline sucks and it drives viewers away in droves.

They took a series that had some potential and applied way too much brake and spent too much time into character dev and 'talk' in a show that needed action.

I think that the 'dead journalist' actually compounds the story by making the truth more difficult to get out into the world. Having a journalist spread out over the wires was too easy a solution. Now, as they say, the plot thickens.