Stern prefers players leave Guns at Home

millbank

Leave Guns at Home

David Stern understands having a gun to protect your home. He's not convinced carrying one on the streets makes you any safer.

For that reason, the NBA commissioner said Wednesday that he would prefer his players leave their firearms behind when they go out. :doh:

817458[/snapback]

For an NBA player, I doubt that's an option.

Leave Guns at Home

David Stern understands having a gun to protect your home. He's not convinced carrying one on the streets makes you any safer.

For that reason, the NBA commissioner said Wednesday that he would prefer his players leave their firearms behind when they go out. :doh:

817458[/snapback]

I don't know about NBA players themselves, but I think making them leave their guns at home makes everyone else safer... :huh:

what if they have legit gun permits(for whatever reason)...? do they still need to leave their guns behind? what about other civilians that have legit gun permits(for whatever reason)...do they need to leave thier guns at home? if this is about steven jackson or whoever was involved a few weeks ago....he had a valid permit to carry his gun... i dont get what the hullabaloo is about....

Leave Guns at Home

817458[/snapback]

The NBA's doing a lot of that this year. They are trying to remake it to being a family "non-thug" league this year. The Wizards as well as the networks have been running lots of stuff about the new "reinvented" NBA that is more suitable to watch and bring the kids to. Yeah I'll believe it when I see it.

Indiana's Stephen Jackson shot a gun in the air at least five times outside an Indianapolis strip club on Oct. 6. He originally told police he fired in self-defense during a fight in which he was hit by a car.

Just try to imagine all these things happening at the same time. Ridiculous!

Leave Guns at Home

For that reason, the NBA commissioner said Wednesday that he would prefer his players leave their firearms behind when they go out. :angry:

817458[/snapback]

Most of the players could easily get an M4 in their pants leg! <_<

From a different perspective, I think it would finally make the NBA watchable if the players were allowed to bring thier guns to the game. In fact, I would watch on PPV if they were allowed to be strapped during the game. Make basketball a fun sport to watch.