What do you get when you combine an ex-wife with

ajzepp

Hmmm...I may have to try that. A few years ago I started using olive oil instead of butter to make stuff, and it did wonders. I love those boxed potatoes ( I know,  :doh:  ), and if you use olive oil instead of butter, and then add a little salt, they're awesome!

I love pesto, too....on pasta, as a base for pizza instead of red sauce....etc

817368[/snapback]

Pesto pizza...never thought of that, either...

My wife used to think I was nuts because I cooked rice with lemon zest and a dash of ground ginger. Then she tried it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pesto pizza...never thought of that, either...

My wife used to think I was nuts because I cooked rice with lemon zest and a dash of ground ginger.  Then she tried it.

817374[/snapback]

A buddy of mine from Toronto came to town when I lived in rochester, and a bunch of us went to eat at a place called "Pizza Villa" on E. Henrietta Rd (for anyone who might be living in the area). Anyway, he ordered a pizza with pesto base, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, black olives, and a couple of cheeses. I was like, WTF?? I just wanted my pepperoni and mushroom and a few beers like we always had. Well, the stuff was amazing. So every now and again I try and find a pizza joint that will do a pesto base with maybe some portabella shrooms, onions, and lots of cheese. It's damn tasty!

My wife used to think I was nuts because I cooked rice with lemon zest and a dash of ground ginger.  Then she tried it.

817374[/snapback]

That actually sounds tasty, but I know I'd fug it up if I ever tried to make it :doh:

A buddy of mine from Toronto came to town when I lived in rochester, and a bunch of us went to eat at a place called "Pizza Villa" on E. Henrietta Rd (for anyone who might be living in the area). Anyway, he ordered a pizza with pesto base, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, black olives, and a couple of cheeses. I was like, WTF?? I just wanted my pepperoni and mushroom and a few beers like we always had. Well, the stuff was amazing. So every now and again I try and find a pizza joint that will do a pesto base with maybe some portabella shrooms, onions, and lots of cheese. It's damn tasty!

817381[/snapback]

Fags! :huh:

Whatever you do, don't order that pineapple and canadian bacon crap. :doh:

Fags!  :huh:

Whatever you do, don't order that pineapple and canadian bacon crap.  :doh:

817384[/snapback]

lol, that's exactly waht I thought when he ordered it! Guess I should've omitted the part where I said I actually liked it, but dammit it was good!

lol, that's exactly waht I thought when he ordered it!  Guess I should've omitted the part where I said I actually liked it, but dammit it was good!

817386[/snapback]

Why omit the fact you liked it. It actually sounds like a pizza I make. I put gorgonzola cheese on it.

Why omit the fact you liked it.  It actually sounds like a pizza I make.  I put gorgonzola cheese on it.

817392[/snapback]

Gorgonzla? Is that the really funky cheese? I can go with some Mozzarella, Romano, and Parmesian....anything beyond that on my pizza (wtf is "asiago" anyway?) and I get nervous....

Wasn't that the bird from Aladdin?  :doh:

817397[/snapback]

haha, could be for all I know....there's one that's made from goat milk to that I fear....can't thiink of the name

My five-cheese lasagna recipe is actually supposed to include gorgonzola...but the wife's deathly allergic to "blue" cheeses.

817406[/snapback]

You guys seriously need my mom to cook for all of you. Then you'd forget all of your recipes :doh:

:doh:  Okay, BF.  She's probably a better cook than me, but I doubt your mom trained at the CIA...

...though she is Italian.  So maybe I'm being hasty...

817411[/snapback]

I remember once my uncle was over and my mom had made spaghetti with meatballs. He's like Maria, when you have a chance, could you please teach my wife how to cook some meatballs :huh:

Okay, I can't help it....I have to tell this story. If you have a weak stomach, don't read it...fair warning.

So I'm heading over to this guy's house to clean up his wound, do a dressing change, etc., etc....easy money, nice drive out into the country, no big deal. The guy is a trained chef, big hairy Italian guy from NY....well, he's down here working in a factory for a large gum company, and one day he gets his right hand caught in this machine that basically took off his pinky finger and pretty much all his skin from the wrist outward. He's basically had a bunch of skin grafts and his hand looks like some sort of fleshy claw. Now keep in mind he's not all that far removed from the incident, so the whole thing just looks really nasty.

Anyway, I go over there on a Sunday morning, knock on the door, and the minute I walk in I smell something really good. I hadn't eaten yet so I was really hungry. we go over to the table, I take off his bandage to get a look at his hand, and this buzzer goes off. Before I have a chance to clean it or bandage it up again, he goes over to the oven, opens it up, and there is a whole tray of these huge, perfectly round meatballs. The problem is that this guy didn't think twice about using his INJURED HAND to start poking them to see (I'm assuming) if they're done or not....he proceeds to take one of them off the tray, places it onto a cutting board, uses BOTH hands to cut it up a little, and then OFFERS ME A PIECE!! :doh:

So thanks to this jackass, every time I think of meatballs now, I associate it with that !@#$ing HAND CLAW of his and I just can't get it out of my mind...DAMN him!

You want the best popcorn (on the stove) and not worry about screwing it up? Whirley pop is the answer!

http://www.popcornpopper.com/stovetop-poppers.html

If you buy the prepackaged popcorn, it comes out perfect every time - just like the movie theater, and no butter. The secret is coconut oil. Very tasty (but probably not good for you). We havn't used the hot air popper or microwave popcorn since getting one of these a few years back.

If you don't want the prepackaged stuff, you can buy some kernels and oil and spices and make your own:

http://www.popcornpopper.com/popcorn-popcorn.html

http://www.popcornpopper.com/77266.html

And Jim's right about adding the seasoning up front. I made the BEST spicy popcorn without even knowing it. I put some oil and popcorn in the whirley pop and then sprinled in some ceyanne red pepper. Mmmm, it was SOOO good! (my wife hated it and I had to make her another batch....).

CW

Okay, I can't help it....I have to tell this story. If you have a weak stomach, don't read it...fair warning.

So I'm heading over to this guy's house to clean up his wound, do a dressing change, etc., etc....easy money, nice drive out into the country, no big deal. The guy is a trained chef, big hairy Italian guy from NY....well, he's down here working in a factory for a large gum company, and one day he gets his right hand caught in this machine that basically took off his pinky finger and pretty much all his skin from the wrist outward. He's basically had a bunch of skin grafts and his hand looks like some sort of fleshy claw. Now keep in mind he's not all that far removed from the incident, so the whole thing just looks really nasty.

Anyway, I go over there on a Sunday morning, knock on the door, and the minute I walk in I smell something really good. I hadn't eaten yet so I was really hungry. we go over to the table, I take off his bandage to get a look at his hand, and this buzzer goes off. Before I have a chance to clean it or bandage it up again, he goes over to the oven, opens it up, and there is a whole tray of these huge, perfectly round meatballs. The problem is that this guy didn't think twice about using his INJURED HAND to start poking them to see (I'm assuming) if they're done or not....he proceeds to take one of them off the tray, places it onto a cutting board, uses BOTH hands to cut it up a little, and then OFFERS ME A PIECE!!  :doh:

So thanks to this jackass, every time I think of meatballs now, I associate it with that !@#$ing HAND CLAW of his and I just can't get it out of my mind...DAMN him!

817419[/snapback]

I don't get it. What's so gory about that story?

:huh: