Who would you rather have over Losman?

Here's Your Chance to Pick #1 Bills QB  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Here's Your Chance to Pick #1 Bills QB

• Losman
    • Pennington (oft-injured division rival)
    • Culpepper (could have had in free-agency)
    • Bledsoe (had and now could have back)
    • Aaron Brooks (could have had in free-agency)
    • Leinart (could have drafted)
    • Kerry Collins (always available)
    • Jay Cutler (could have drafted)
    • Kelly Holcomb (backup)
    • Nall (backup #2)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amazing that so many morons (yes, I said it) actually think that changing quarterbacks would make a huge difference.

I'm also amazed that so many people here are experts in QB evaluation and can judge that Matt Hilton!@#$er will turn out to be a better QB than JP will turn out to be - especially after 3 games for Leinart and 11 for JP. You guys must be highly paid talent evaluators.

I find it amazing that so many morons (yes, I said it) actually think that changing quarterbacks would make a huge difference.

I'm also amazed that so many people here are experts in QB evaluation and can judge that Matt Hilton!@#$er will turn out to be a better QB than JP will turn out to be - especially after 3 games for Leinart and 11 for JP. You guys must be highly paid talent evaluators.

817192[/snapback]

Just to get the facts straight Jp has started 15 games. :doh:

Just to get the facts straight Jp has started 15 games.  :doh:

817196[/snapback]

I stand corrected. But the morons are still here. And they are as stupid as ever. Maybe more stupid than I've ever seen.

817192[/snapback]

The question wasn't asking that. It was just asking who people wanted as the Bills QB. Of the players listed, only Pennington would probably make a "huge difference" right now but that's expected since he's a vet. Others on the list either suck (KCollins) or are too young (Cutler, Leinart, etc). But that's irrelevant as to who folks might prefer to be the QB.

817192[/snapback]

Pretty sure most folks here saw Leinart play in college as well. I actually disagree that Leinart would be better than JP in Buffalo, mainly because of the weather factor. But as far as who will be the better QB, period, yeah, I think Leinart will be. But if that's the case, it's really no fault of JP's. Leinart is SUPPOSED to be better. He was drafted higher into a pretty good situation for him, and he played for a national champion at a high profile program in a pro-style offense in college, so he's used to expectations and pressure. Also, Arizona has a lot of talent even if their record hasn't reflected it yet; Denny Green will probably get fired, but he's going to leave behind the perfect coaching situation for someone else.

I stand corrected. But the morons are still here. And they are as stupid as ever. Maybe more stupid than I've ever seen.

817231[/snapback]

Well the thing about a losing team is that if you say everyone on the team needs to play better than you seem quite for away from having a dominant team. On the other hand if you say that it boils down to one player the problem suddenly seems very easy to solve and that it will be fairly easy to have a dominant team in the near future.

The only QB I consider better than Losman on that list is Pennington. The reason I say that is because now that he is back suddenly the Jets are a fairly decent team. Others will argue it's because of the lineman they drafted. That's obvioulsy not true since the 2004 Jets had a very similar line to 2005 and the 2004 team almost beat the Steelers and did beat the Drew Brees Chargers in the playoffs.

Oh and I voted for Losman :doh:

The thing that gets me is we could have gotten Leinart & Whitner......McCargopants in the second......Youboty would have lasted a few more rounds, I mean he hasn't even seen the field yet so with the two 3rd rounders we could have traded up into the 1st again & taken Mangold.....Bulter was an obvious reach, I mean what has he done yet, so I would have taken Youboty in his stead...traded down the Merz pick & still gotten him and Butler at the very end of the 7th round.....why the hell couldn't Marv & Co. see all this at the time....it absolutely baffles me......it was soooooo obvious that an idiot could have thought to do it, well I guess not an idiot since Marve must be one & didn't think of it......Oh if only I was GM we'd be in the playoffs already with all the good picks Marv grabbed, a star rookie C, which is obviously all we really need & the great Leinart.....hell, thinking about it, I would have traded JPL away to the Vikings for the 17th pick, traded down with that & got Laurence Maroney, since McGahee is obviously not good enough for our great team, & also grabbed OG David Joseph....just for insurance......the sooner we replace the front office, the owner, & the coaching staff the better we will be.....I think I have adequately proved that we will never be a winning franchise unless these things happen.....GO BILLS!

• 2 weeks later...
i think i'm going wih pennington.  not a strong arm and injury prone, but very competitive and runs great misdirection and play-action plays.  he's a "mudder" that could be a winner in buffalo.

817032[/snapback]

after 10 days the winner in a land slide is the incumbant JP Losman. kinda surprises me that he won at all, especially by so much. also very surprised that Cutler came in second.

after 10 days the winner in a land slide is the incumbant JP Losman.  kinda surprises me that he won at all, especially by so much. also very surprised that Cutler came in second.

824511[/snapback]

Why? It was rigged? The obvious best choice was not included even though the Bills had 2 chances to get him.

Why?  It was rigged?  The obvious best choice was not included even though the Bills had 2 chances to get him.

824513[/snapback]

if youre talking about brees, that would have been too obvious now. but remember when he was a free agent he was coming off a serious shoulder injury and people weren't sure if he was going to be another pennington-type thing we he's not fully healed, reinjures again and loses at least another year. however many votes brees would have gotten in off season im not sure, but i do know it would be far less than he'd get now since he's back, playing well and apparently healthy

The question wasn't asking that.  It was just asking who people wanted as the Bills QB.  Of the players listed, only Pennington would probably make a "huge difference".

817262[/snapback]

If he could survive the number of sacks with out being hurt :w00t: I am not convinced that any ONE player would make a difference at this point in time.....

Just as well let JP have time to DEVELOPE........fix the holes in the off season, and bring him in some competition to earn the job next season with hopefully a better supporting cast! Mainly an better OL!