The "real" Willis left when Travis left.

Mr. T

I'm still amazed that people will B word about McGahee with all the other problems this team has. Incredible.

817242[/snapback]

Who's bitching? Man some of you just don't get it! Alright, let's do it your way. Let's all post threads that have the same theme. Hmmmmm let's see. I know, "All the problems this team has." Sound familiar?

Alright but the ground rules are as follows. Don't mention "anything" about McGahee, because that would be bitching.

Hmmmm what's next. I know, how about JP? Naaww that's already been mentioned at least once before. How about the offensive line? Even though I don't check "everyday" that might have also been discussed a few times. Wait, I got it!! Let's talk about how old Levy is and how that should disqualify him from having anything to do with running an NFL Team. Ahhh sh-t, I think I remember a few national sports programs covered that already. Hey this is gettin kind of hard, coming up with something new. Oh well I tried, but I guess I'll just crawl under my rock and let some of you experts come up with something fresh.

But remember, it's got to be about "All the problems this team has" minus anything that might have been mentioned already. Good luck.

You sure sound like you're bitching to me...saying he doesn't have the drive and desire since TH left. What do you expect Willis McGahee to do? Run over 2 defenders per carry plus the 2 fat ass o-lineman that are right in his way?

McGahee is and has been a very good back for this team. And our o-line was better in 2004...you can't see that?

You sure sound like you're bitching to me...saying he doesn't have the drive and desire since TH left. What do you expect Willis McGahee to do? Run over 2 defenders per carry plus the 2 fat ass o-lineman that are right in his way?

McGahee is and has been a very good back for this team. And our o-line was better in 2004...you can't see that?

817302[/snapback]

Sorry Mrs. McGahee. If I hurt your feelings I didn't mean to. I'll stop bitc..... ur commenting about your son now.

817302[/snapback]

For someone who seems to bother you, we sure seem to have the same views.

Guys, and Gals my point was not to start a thread that bashed Willis.  I simply pointed out that I felt his play today is just not the same as it was when Travis Henry was here......

817235[/snapback]

Perhaps a large difference was the OL. As a unit they played very well together that year(2004)

LT Jonas Jennings.... was playing for a FA contract & did a very good job that year.

LG Ross Tucker....OK run blocker if I remember correctly

C Trey Teague....played well that year

RG Chris Villarrial.....top acquisition that year

RT Mike Williams....was not a total bust at that point....was a good run blocker.

The line also had some consistency with 2004 being the 3rd year together for Jennings/Teague/Williams. In comparison to today's(yesterdays) line....

LT moving to LG

LG being benched

C OK

RG past his prime

RT good, moving to LT

....with no consistency....only Villarrial has been with us more than 2 seasons.

IMO the OLs effect on a RB is one of the most obvious.....look at virtually every great OL & you'll find a productive RB.

To all those who say finding a top RB is easy....

R. Droughns goes from 4.5ypc Ave in DEN(with their OL) & drops to 4.0 with CLE & now 3.2ypc

E. James goes from 4.1ypc Ave in IND(with their OL) & drops to 2.7 with ARI

I have a feeling that the only way a lot of 'fans' will appreciate WM is if he gets injured & is out for a few weeks......or leaves. :doh:

To bad we still didn't have both on the roster. He shares time with Chris Brown with no gripes. Travis has only rushed 81 times to get his 384 yards where Willis has almost double the rushing attempts (150) to get his 564 yards.

Travis last to games are pretty impressive. 123 against the Colts and a whopping 178 against the Redskins.

817005[/snapback]

Yeah Henry looked great against a team with a defense that couldn't stop the run if they had 15 guys on the field and a team that is producing basically zero offense right now and their defense is on the field all game. Henry is still the same nutjob, he just doesn't hurt the Titans as much because Brown is the main back