My Few Quick Takes On The Pats "Game"

R. Rich

The offensive line has been offensive for quite some time. Please, let's do something to correct this. It's bad when the best performance on the line comes from a rookie thrown in due to injury (Merz). Ugh!

Defensive line? Needs work as well. Anyone else dread to hear the words, "third down"? I think it means "stay on the field for a few more plays, fellas", doesn't it?

Losman's not THE problem, but, like my friend William (Bill from NYC) mentioned, he's also regressing due to his environment. Just a suggestion: since the organization thought highly enough of JP to trade up back into round 1 for him, how 'bout stocking the line w/ VERY GOOD talent? I will keep the faith on this issue.

Wow, did Moorman have a crappy game. Since we were struggling (again) offensively, we could've used better field position in that game.

All in all, a very weak effort from our guys. Very sad, especially since it required another long trip home after another excruciating loss. On top of that, I've picked up a cold (I'm sure due to the lovely weather on Sunday) and I feel terrible. Good thing I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday....

Oops! Gotta go; g'night.

Losman's not THE problem, but, like my friend William (Bill from NYC) mentioned, he's also regressing due to his environment.

816223[/snapback]

Ugh... I'll try to hide this ugly little truth in here.

Losman IS the problem (in the short term, at least) -- to reverse your friend, the environment is in regression because the most critical position isn't being recognized as such. Every time the coaching staff uses the words "manage the game" or "work in progress" in connection with Losman it sows doubt in his team. Coupled with his middling performance it is tough for anyone to cut loose and play with confidence.

It is the nature of the beast. Teams have to play with the anticipation of success. This team knows that with their game plan it won't take many mistakes to take them out of games. It is not only our eyes that are on J.P.

The cold is bad, but not as bad as coming down with a little bit of the Joe Dellamielleure...

Ugh... I'll try to hide this ugly little truth in here.

Losman IS the problem (in the short term, at least) -- to reverse your friend, the environment is in regression because the most critical position isn't being recognized as such. Every time the coaching staff uses the words "manage the game" or "work in progress" in connection with  Losman it sows doubt in his team. Coupled with his middling performance it is tough for anyone to cut loose and play with confidence.

It is the nature of the beast. Teams have to play with the anticipation of success. This team knows that with their game plan it won't take many mistakes to take them out of games. It is not only our eyes that are on J.P.

816339[/snapback]

I'll phone Terrence McGee and tell him he's off the hook, that it's JP Losman's problem that Terrence can't defend to save his life this year. Same thing with the offensive line, etc etc.

You know what, how about we just build a cross out in front of RWS and get JP ready for it. Because it'll be so much easier than having the whole team work hard and realize it needs to improve. Deflecting blame is just so much easier than recognizing the improvement you need in yourself, anyway. This way they can see JP out there as they go to work every day, and he'll die for their sins so that Brady Quinn, another QB with no NFL experience whatsoever, can magically come in and save the day and save the team from yet more work as a team.

My sarcasm aside, R. Rich is right and it's the environment that's contributing. Just as the environment was contributing to his earlier successes this year.

Losman IS a big part of the problem and it really is just the turnovers. Any defense will make mistakes, but when they have to be on the field all the time and with little rest then they are just going to be that many more opportunities for exposure.

816365[/snapback]

ToP Buf Opp.

Game 1: 27:05 32:55

Game 2: 30:59 29:01

Game 3: 33:13 26:47

Game 4: 35:57 24:03

Game 5: 22:29 37:31

Game 6: 28:19 31:41

Game 7: 28:40 31:40

Other than the Chicago game, I think the Time of Possession has been pretty even with a 1 minute to 2 minutes being the difference. So the excuse for

the defense that they are on the field all the time does not cut it....

Also, the defense has itself to blame for being on the field longer due to their

stupid penalties and inability to get off the field on 3rd and longs. Stop blaming

Losman for the Defenses deficiencies....

Defensive line?  Needs work as well.  Anyone else dread to hear the words, "third down"?  I think it means "stay on the field for a few more plays, fellas", doesn't it?

Losman's not THE problem, but, like my friend William (Bill from NYC) mentioned, he's also regressing due to his environment.  Just a suggestion:  since the organization thought highly enough of JP to trade up back into round 1 for him, how 'bout stocking the line w/ VERY GOOD talent?  I will keep the faith on this issue.

816223[/snapback]

You mean 3rd down doesn't mean play 15 yards off the WR and let them convert on 3rd and 20 ? Ohhh ! I didn't know. It would be a good thing to stop them on 3rd down. Let's put that into the play book for next game !

:lol:

You mean 3rd down doesn't mean play 15 yards off the WR and let them convert on 3rd and 20 ? Ohhh ! I didn't know. It would be a good thing to stop them on 3rd down.  Let's put that into the play book for next game !

:lol:

816520[/snapback]

Hey, I was trying to hide my Losman comments in a quiet place...

But to refresh my point, consider the difference between stopping the third down to simply get off the field with the excitement of stopping the third down to return the ball to your "dangerous" offense. Humans are emotional creatures. It is the difference between playing in high spirits and in playing with dread.

I'm not trying to let anyone off the hook here, just interested in the environment that RR mentioned. Where I and RtheDB probably differ is in how important the QB position is to that environment. He handles the ball on every play (apologies to Josh Reed). Is he the menacing storm front movin' in or is he just a guy holding an umbrella ?

Very sad, especially since it required another long trip home after another excruciating loss. On top of that, I've picked up a cold (I'm sure due to the lovely weather on Sunday) and I feel terrible

But...did you at least make it to Nicks for a Garbage Plate?

The offensive line has been offensive for quite some time.  Please, let's do something to correct this.  It's bad when the best performance on the line comes from a rookie thrown in due to injury (Merz).  Ugh!

Defensive line?  Needs work as well.  Anyone else dread to hear the words, "third down"?  I think it means "stay on the field for a few more plays, fellas", doesn't it?

Losman's not THE problem, but, like my friend William (Bill from NYC) mentioned, he's also regressing due to his environment.  Just a suggestion:  since the organization thought highly enough of JP to trade up back into round 1 for him, how 'bout stocking the line w/ VERY GOOD talent?  I will keep the faith on this issue.

Wow, did Moorman have a crappy game.  Since we were struggling (again) offensively, we could've used better field position in that game. 

All in all, a very weak effort from our guys.  Very sad, especially since it required another long trip home after another excruciating loss.  On top of that, I've picked up a cold (I'm sure due to the lovely weather on Sunday) and I feel terrible.  Good thing I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday....

Oops!  Gotta go; g'night.

816223[/snapback]

Nice post.

Pearls before !@#$ing swine, unfortunately. But nice post.

To paraphrase Ex Coach McCay ( I believe) of the Bucs.

"What do you think of the O lines execution?"

"I'm all for it."

816476[/snapback]

Good ol coach McKay.

He also said, "We can't win at home, we can't win on the road, and quite frankly, I don't know where else to play."

Good ol coach McKay.

He also said, "We can't win at home, we can't win on the road, and quite frankly, I don't know where else to play."

816721[/snapback]

Still my favorite McKay quote:

(in response to a reporter's question about his team's performance in a just finished game)

"Well, we didn't block very well, but we made up for it by not tackling very well, either."

The offensive line has been offensive for quite some time.  Please, let's do something to correct this.  It's bad when the best performance on the line comes from a rookie thrown in due to injury (Merz).  Ugh!

Wow, did Moorman have a crappy game.  Since we were struggling (again) offensively, we could've used better field position in that game. 

All in all, a very weak effort from our guys.  Very sad, especially since it required another long trip home after another excruciating loss.  On top of that, I've picked up a cold (I'm sure due to the lovely weather on Sunday) and I feel terrible.  Good thing I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday....

Oops!  Gotta go; g'night.

816223[/snapback]

Some of us have been mentioning this for several years now only to be dismissed by the more "intelligent" posters on this board.

Changing QB's again would be foolish and accomplish nothing.

I really hope Marv focus' on lineman in the upcoming draft. It's been a position that has been ignored for far too long now.

Another case in point would be the Dallas game this past Sunday. Pass blocking didn't get any better nor did they have more rushing yards when Drew was benched.

It's a fact that we have no talent up front and those guys don't really care.

Sad.

Some of us have been mentioning this for several years now only to be dismissed by the more "intelligent" posters on this board. 

816734[/snapback]

How true, though certainly not by me. As the Deacon of Rev. Bill from NYC's "church of the OL whiners", I've done my fair share of preaching.

Changing QB's again would be foolish and accomplish nothing. 

816734[/snapback]

Sure it would. It would show how Jauron can imitate Mularkey in regard to QB development.

I really hope Marv focus' on lineman in the upcoming draft.  It's been a position that has been ignored for far too long now. 

Another case in point would be the Dallas game this past Sunday.  Pass blocking didn't get any better nor did they  have more rushing yards when Drew was benched.

It's a fact that we have no talent up front and those guys don't really care. 

Sad.

816734[/snapback]

Again, harken back to the "church of the OL whiners". But, let us not forget our bretheren on the other side of the ball, for we also could use a much stronger pass rush.

Let us pray...

ToP                    Buf          Opp.

Game 1:            27:05      32:55

Game 2:            30:59      29:01

Game 3:            33:13      26:47

Game 4:            35:57      24:03     

Game 5:            22:29      37:31

Game 6:            28:19      31:41

Game 7:            28:40      31:40

Other than the Chicago game,  I think the Time of Possession has been pretty even with a 1 minute to 2 minutes being the difference.  So the excuse for

the defense that they are on the field all the time does not cut it....

Also, the defense has itself to blame for being on the field longer due to their

stupid penalties and inability to get off the field on 3rd and longs.  Stop blaming

Losman for the Defenses deficiencies....

816475[/snapback]

Touche, I retract much of what I said, but not the issue of his turnovers which have been killing the offense and at least breaking the spirit of the defense.