Sabres are just too white!

Buftex

Their new road jerseys I mean...I still hate the logo, but the dark home jerseys are tolerable....the road jerseys though, are just too white! They are almost hard to see, on tv. Maybe it is the lighting in some of the arenas, but wathching the Sabres and Bruins the othter night, I just kept having to squint to make out the action, and I have pretty good eysesight. It wasn't as bad against Montreal last night, perhaps because the VS. production is a little more high-tech?

BTW- could the Bruins announcers (for those watching the Center Ice feed) be any duller?

Their new road jerseys I mean...I still hate the logo, but the dark home jerseys are tolerable....the road jerseys though, are just too white!  They are almost hard to see, on tv.  Maybe it is the lighting in some of the arenas, but wathching the Sabres and Bruins the othter night, I just kept having to squint to make out the action, and I have pretty good eysesight.  It wasn't as bad against Montreal last night, perhaps because the VS. production is a little more high-tech?

BTW- could the Bruins announcers (for those watching the Center Ice feed) be any duller?

815747[/snapback]

racist :blink:

I was just making a comment on how bored the Bruins announcers sound, nothing to do with their race! :blink:

815756[/snapback]

The VS. announcers aren't any better. There were a couple times I didn't even know a penalty was called until they put the penalty clock on the screen. And they didn't even leave the penalty clock up the whole time.

The VS. announcers aren't any better.  There were a couple times I didn't even know a penalty was called until they put the penalty clock on the screen.  And they didn't even leave the penalty clock up the whole time.

815761[/snapback]

I noticed that last night too. One time they had the power play clock under Montreal, when it was Buffalo who had the man advantage.

Although, the play-by-play guy last night was Joe Benitati (sp?) who I believe to hands-down be the worst announcer in the history of broadcasting. His work on Westwood One radio during the Olympics was God-awful, putrid. I feel sorry for Caps fans who have to listen to that guy on a regular basis.

I know Doc Emrick gets a bad rap round these parts for some reason, but I'd take him over Benitati any day of the week.

815747[/snapback]

At least you dont have to listen to the whiney little * on VS.

815757[/snapback]

I think, all and all, the VS guys are pretty good. When you hear the broadcasts from all over the leauge, you really appreciate how good Jeanerette and Lorenz really are...

I am not sure when it changed, but I know you are right...I always loved the classic white uni's!

A couple years back, every team decided they needed a 3rd jersey. These were usually dark and only worn at home. The home team decides what jersey to wear. The visitors would then have to pack 2 sets of unis. So, to avoid having 2 teams wear dark unis, and the visitors having to pack 2 sets of unis, the NHL mandated that white unis would be for the road teams.

I think, all and all, the VS guys are pretty good.  When you hear the broadcasts from all over the leauge, you really appreciate how good Jeanerette and Lorenz really are...

815768[/snapback]

VS guys last night weren't as annoying as usual, besides never telling us when a penalty was called and what for.

You want boring? Try Pittsburgh, Tampa, or Florida.

''We are still committed and enthusiastic about our new uniform and believe that fans will embrace it once they have a chance to actually see it. '' - Larry Quinn

Translation: As long as we don't start selling the 3rd jersey until after christmas, people will buy the new turds because they love the team, and then I can brag how the new ones are outselling the old ones 4 to 1!

Their new road jerseys I mean...I still hate the logo, but the dark home jerseys are tolerable....the road jerseys though, are just too white! 

815747[/snapback]

Really? You're sure you don't want to buy one? Or maybe five or six? The Sabres Store had a bunch of them yesterday when I was there. I didn't see anyone buying one but I did hear another person (besides me) ask when the throwbacks would be in.

If you want ANY jersey with a name on it, you have to special order it. Wow, with November a week away, I think it's pretty safe to say this has been a really smooth transition into the new uniforms. :blink: So not only did Larry Quinn sell out the team's identity to the tards at Reebok, the whole process was butchered so badly that they don't even have merchandise to sell.