Recent OL moves- indictment of coach. staff

genomich

Sorry, but if Mcnally is such a genius, why are we tearing things up half-way thru the season??!?! this is a move of desperation.

The fact that this is the move, as opposed to Qb switch, means losman isn't the primary problem in the eyes of the coaching staff.

why wasn't the OL addressed in the offseason?! Reyes looks only marginally better than anderson. Fowler is a quicker, meeker Teague.

I think everybody and their half-sister knows that our offensive line is the problem, has been the problem, and always will be the problem until it's fixed. I've heard enough comments from Ralph, Marv, and Dick to know that they realize we don't have the talent to compete in the trenches.

Sorry, but if Mcnally is such a genius, why are we tearing things up half-way thru the season??!?! this is a move of desperation.

The fact that this is the move, as opposed to Qb switch, means losman isn't the primary problem in the eyes of the coaching staff.

why wasn't the OL addressed in the offseason?!  Reyes looks only marginally better than anderson.  Fowler is a quicker, meeker Teague.

815572[/snapback]

You can call it whatever you want....it's necessary. I'd much rather they start messing around with it and giving new people the chance to step up as opposed to just pretending nothing is wrong.

You can call it whatever you want....it's necessary. I'd much rather they start messing around with it and giving new people the chance to step up as opposed to just pretending nothing is wrong.

815621[/snapback]

And you sir are correct. As I mentioned, it is wise to give these kids reps now. Why wait until next year when the current OL clearly sucks?

If by some chance Merz and Pennington can play, they won't have to start 07 as rookies.

815621[/snapback]

Agreed... no doubt though IMO that it also confirms that Marv, Modrak, and co. totally sh-- the bed this past off-season by not making the OL the #1 priority. Unlike TD, maybe Marv will wake up & learn something from this.

And you sir are correct. As I mentioned, it is wise to give these kids reps now. Why wait until next year when the current OL clearly sucks?

If by some chance Merz and Pennington can play, they won't have to start 07 as rookies.

815628[/snapback]

It's hard for me sometimes cause a lot of you guys see manymore games than I do, but I think it's pretty clear that everyone feels our Oline is crap, lol. I haven't seen Merz or Pennington play a single down, but I don't see any reason not to give them a shot. I'm sorta surprised that Butler was passed over, but no matter. New guy, new opportunity to do something good. works for me!

It's hard for me sometimes cause a lot of you guys see manymore games than I do, but I think it's pretty clear that everyone feels our Oline is crap, lol. I haven't seen Merz or Pennington play a single down, but I don't see any reason not to give them a shot. I'm sorta surprised that Butler was passed over, but no matter. New guy, new opportunity to do something good. works for me!

815662[/snapback]

Yup. Its nice ot see a front office/coaching staff that seems ot be proactive about the teams problems. It also gives me faith that the OL will receive its due attention in this upcoming offseason.

Agreed... no doubt though IMO that it also confirms that Marv, Modrak, and co. totally sh-- the bed this past off-season by not making the OL the #1 priority. Unlike TD, maybe Marv will wake up & learn something from this.

815655[/snapback]

Dude, are you not totally sick and tired of hearing about the fuggin Oline? I hope to God you're right and they just find a way to get it done....we've got to get back to having a team that matches our climate and the people of WNY. The biggest thing I'm tired of is having a pansy-assed team that gets pushed around.

Yup. Its nice ot see a front office/coaching staff that seems ot be proactive about the teams problems. It also gives me faith that the OL will receive its due attention in this upcoming offseason.

815663[/snapback]

I hope to God we have the chance to bring in some badass lineman this offseason. Even if we just find ONE dominant guy on each line, that would be wonderful. Schobel is good, but he's not dominant by any means. We need one game changing Dlineman to go with our current group and one guy on the Oline who can just play lights out. I'd be thrilled with that.

And so it goes. The more things change the more they stay the same. As sure as death and taxes and the sun will come up tommorow, three things will stay the same. Our OLine will suck. Our Dline will be undersized and mediocre. Wilson will never spend money to get a proven coach. He lacks the insight to get a dynamic, innovative fresh face to coach. I guess thats 4 things.

And so it goes. The more things change the more they stay the same. As sure as death and taxes and the sun will come up tommorow, three things will stay the same. Our OLine will suck. Our Dline will be undersized and mediocre. Wilson will never spend money to get a proven coach. He lacks the insight to get a dynamic, innovative fresh face to coach. I guess thats 4 things.

815670[/snapback]

Yup, we needed to hire a dynamic innovative offensive or defensive head coach. Oh wait we tried that. We tried gregg williams and a dynamic innovative offensive coach in meathead.

Whom are you suggesting?

I'm sorta surprised that Butler was passed over, but no matter. New guy, new opportunity to do something good. works for me!

815662[/snapback]

According to various sites, Pennington outweighs Butler by estimates ranging from 16-33 pounds (Butler is listed as low as 292 and as high as 310).

A right tackle need to be more of a mauler than a finesse guy. Of the 2, Pennington clearly has the size advantage.

According to various sites, Pennington outweighs Butler by estimates ranging from 16-33 pounds (Butler is listed as low as 292 and as high as 310).

A right tackle need to be more of a mauler than a finesse guy. Of the 2, Pennington clearly has the size advantage.

815682[/snapback]

Ah okay, I didn't know that....makes sense. I was liking the reports of Butler's mean streak, but if they think Pennington is the better option than I say go for it.

815621[/snapback]

At least the Bills have some young talent brought in by this staff who they are willing to get on the field. Pennington and Merz at least provide hope for the future.

Peters was slated to be the LT of the future. The future got here sooner than expected- he can't be any worse than Gandy.

The sooner they get Villarial to teh bench, the better. However, they probably want his experience next to the rookie Pennington until he gets his feet wet.

The OL shakeup is a good thing.