Anyone else note Evan's game on Sunday???

AnthonyF

I like him and think he is a very good receiver, however Sunday he just was not there. I thought he did a bad job of shielding the defender or coming back to the ball and should have caught the endzone pass from JP.

Just a bad day at the office, but where it is most reflected is in how people percieve JP. Break up the int (i.e. knowing the defender was there) and making a catch and there is the difference.

Just an observation.

I like him and think he is a very good receiver, however Sunday he just was not there.  I thought he did a bad job of shielding the defender or coming back to the ball and should have caught the endzone pass from JP.

Just a bad day at the office, but where it is most reflected is in how people percieve JP.  Break up the int (i.e. knowing the defender was there) and making a catch and there is the difference.

Just an observation.

815370[/snapback]

I'll agree to an extent. I mean if he makes the plays you mention and JP connects with Davis on that bomb then JP would be getting a little more love but oh well. What if....

I like him and think he is a very good receiver, however Sunday he just was not there.  I thought he did a bad job of shielding the defender or coming back to the ball and should have caught the endzone pass from JP.

Just a bad day at the office, but where it is most reflected is in how people percieve JP.  Break up the int (i.e. knowing the defender was there) and making a catch and there is the difference.

Just an observation.

815370[/snapback]

Good point.

That would have taken a ridiculous effort to feel the defender coming from behind and then somehow shift his momentum which was taking him to the sidelines to step in front of the defender. The ball was thrown way too late and there was really nothing Evans could do without having eyes in the back of his head.

That would have taken a ridiculous effort to feel the defender coming from behind and then somehow shift his momentum which was taking him to the sidelines to step in front of the defender.  The ball was thrown way too late and there was really nothing Evans could do without having eyes in the back of his head.

815384[/snapback]

I do blame JP for the int. I just thought Evans wasn't driving down the field or making the crisp break. You have to feel the defender and while it may not have made a difference there, on at least 2 other good passes, Samuel just stuck his hand in (when he was behind Evans) to break up plays.

Not that I think there's too much to read into it, but Evans really seems like a finesse guy, he's not nasty and he tends to excel when there are other threats, particularly when a burner like Roscoe is healthy.

He is not going to push off and get away with it like T.O. or Moss or even Moulds. Don't get me wrong, he's a good route runner, but I think there needs to be a bona fide #2 picked up in FA or in the draft next year.