The Japanese

Ramius

France, lovely country, except for the French.  Just kidding somewhat.  I met alot of great french people, the majority in fact.  But I did meet many, many that perpetuate that pompous stereotype

815633[/snapback]

Is it safe to assume the great ones lived in the country and the pompous ones lived in the city? Just wondering.

Is it safe to assume the great ones lived in the country and the pompous ones lived in the city?  Just wondering.

815640[/snapback]

True most of the rudes ones I encountered were in Paris but I also encountered them in Nice and Arles. Like I said though- I met many kind, decent French people- the majority. I will be in Marseilles and Lyon and Basque country this year Jim. Gonna do some culinary travels around Europe- thought you would appreciate that. Bologna and Parma are on my list too

True most of the rudes ones I encountered were in Paris but I also encountered them in Nice and Arles.  Like I said though- I met many kind, decent French people- the majority.  I will be in Marseilles and Lyon and Basque country this year Jim.  Gonna do some culinary travels around Europe- thought you would appreciate that.  Bologna and Parma are on my list too

815676[/snapback]

The reason I asked that is because you compare the city people to the country people anywhere and they're going to be different. I think about how much nicer the people are in rural WNY versus the people from NYC.

Have a great trip. I'm planning on Paris in a couple of months and Italy later next year. Can't beat the food there.

The reason I asked that is because you compare the city people to the country people anywhere and they're going to be different.  I think about how much nicer the people are in rural WNY versus the people from NYC. 

Have a great trip.  I'm planning on Paris in a couple of months and Italy later next year.  Can't beat the food there.

815688[/snapback]

True. You have a great trip too- mangiare bene and bon appetit! You cant beat the wine there too!

"A third of patients get better immediately, a third suffer relapses and the rest have psychoses," Yousef Mahmoudia, a psychologist at the Hotel-Dieu hospital, next to Notre Dame cathedral, told the newspaper Journal du Dimanche.
I wonder if Yousef can swing by the cathedral and see if Brady Quinn is interested in playing for the Bills.

Oh. Wait. Wrong Notre Dame. My bad.