WOOOOOOOHA!

I think it's nice that you finally have a sport you care about, eh?

815248[/snapback]

I get the joke, but there's more to it than that. For those of us who are truly BUFFALO sports fans -- and not just fans of the football team -- the unprecedented success of the Sabres is providing us a sorely needed outlet to relieve the disappointment of yet another lost football season.

The Sabres are becoming the NHL's Patriots -- only they haven't won the championship (yet). They are a TEAM that is easy to root for, fun to watch, well-coached, disciplined, and proud to claim as one's own.

Buffalo fans deserve a team like this. It's too bad we can't have two.

I get the joke, but there's more to it than that.  For those of us who are truly BUFFALO sports fans -- and not just fans of the football team -- the unprecedented success of the Sabres is providing us a sorely needed outlet to relieve the disappointment of yet another lost football season.

The Sabres are becoming the NHL's Patriots -- only they haven't won the championship (yet).  They are a TEAM that is easy to root for, fun to watch, well-coached, disciplined, and proud to claim as one's own.

Buffalo fans deserve a team like this.  It's too bad we can't have two.

815269[/snapback]

The joke was actually more targeted than that. I don't begrudge anyone who is a Sabres fan at all.

Ooh Ah Sabres on the warpath...

Looks like Janni Niinama is going to have to give up his career in fortune-telling...

;)

815205[/snapback]

How long after the Sabres first loss before you're calling for the heads of the coach, the GM and the goaltender 0:).

DOOMED.

where is an updated photo of your kid in your photo section...you had it going good for a while...

815342[/snapback]

Nice of you to ask. I was having trouble getting anything to load, but resized a recent photo and finally got it posted today. He turns two next month.