Romo is in..See ya Bloody Toe

erynthered

Going into week 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 Willis McGahee was in the top 5 of the league ... Going into week 3, and 4 Willis McGahee was #1 in the league ... going into week 3, 4, 5, Willis McGahee was #1 in the AFC.

The Bills offense line must be GREAT!

<_<

815043[/snapback]

I agree with you that Bledsoe has played behind some below average OLs.....this only highlights his deficiencies. He could still be a fine QB if he lands behind a good OL with good talent around him(just as so many others would). The end result is that DB is a statue who does not have the patients/skills for the short passing game.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daquix, I'm not surprised that you're a law student because it really does seem like you llike to argue for the sake of arguing an awful lot.

I really don't think anyone can watch this game or the Skins game last yr and say that he's had decent protection. As pointed out in another thread, a lot of that is because defenses just have no respect for the guy whatsoever and blitz him more than they blitz any other QB. I mean the most conservative defensive coordinator in the world will turn into Jerry Gray when he's playing Bledsoe providing he's not retarded.

Going into week 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 Willis McGahee was in the top 5 of the league ... Going into week 3, and 4 Willis McGahee was #1 in the league ... going into week 3, 4, 5, Willis McGahee was #1 in the AFC.

<_<

815043[/snapback]

;)

Willis McGahee is 2nd in the league in Rushing attempts and 4th in yds. If Julius doesn't get a single more yard tonight, he will be 12th in attempts and 6th in yds.

Try again.

That "backup" you talk about just so happens to be one of the best QB's of the past decade.  ;)

QB rating means nothing. What was Kellys again? Barely in the 80's ?

815046[/snapback]

I knew you'd mention the 'Brady' factor. <_<

The facts are that Bledsoe at QB had the Patriots being perenial doormats. The were considered one of the worst teams in the NFL. Yes Brady is a champion, but Bledsoe showed absolutely nothing with that team. The dropoff from Bledsoe to Brady was 5-11 to Superbowl win. Bledsoe had lost the first 2 games of 2001 before getting injured.

I agree with you that Bledsoe has played behind some below average OLs.....this only highlights his deficiencies.  He could still be a fine QB if he lands behind a good OL with good talent around him(just as so many others would).  The end result is that DB is a statue who does not have the patients/skills for the short passing game.

815047[/snapback]

Listen. Im certainly not saying that Bledsoe is a great QB. Im simply saying is that he is not as bad as people make him out to seem. Lets face it. Mike Vick would have gotten a safety behind that Dallas line. Bledsoe snapped the ball and had about 1.3 seconds to make a decision. Any QB would have gotten sacked.

Now lets look at the statue comment. Their are many other "statues" in this league that are/were very good ... but they have decent lines. Carson Palmer, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning ... etc Heck even Tom Brady.

<_<

815043[/snapback]

And of the current top 5 AFC rushers Willis has played 1 more game than all of them. He's spotted them all 60 minutes.

Yards per game? 4th out of the top 5 AFC yard leaders

Touchdowns? Dead last (compared again to the top 5 AFC yard leaders) with a lousy 1.

<_<

815043[/snapback]

I'll raise you one more, guess who is number 2 in the NFL in rushing yds. per game?

A) Buffalo

B) Dallas

hint...it's not Buffalo.

And of the current top 5 rushers Willis has played 1 more game than all of them. He's spotted them all 60 minutes.

Yards per game? 4th out of the top 5 yard leaders

Touchdowns? Dead last (compared again to the top 5 yard leaders) with a lousy 1.

815057[/snapback]

I'm curious where do the bills rank in redzone opportunities. Hell when was the last time we've been inside an opponents 10 yard line?

Daquix, I'm not surprised that you're a law student because it really does seem like you llike to argue for the sake of arguing an awful lot.

I really don't think anyone can watch this game or the Skins game last yr and say that he's had decent protection.  As pointed out in another thread, a lot of that is because defenses just have no respect for the guy whatsoever and blitz him more than they blitz any other QB.  I mean the most conservative defensive coordinator in the world will turn into Jerry Gray when he's playing Bledsoe providing he's not retarded.

815049[/snapback]

I have always liked it since I was young ...

;)

Willis McGahee is 2nd in the league in Rushing attempts and 4th in yds.  If Julius doesn't get a single more yard tonight, he will be 12th in attempts and 6th in yds.

Try again.

815050[/snapback]

Whats your point? He is still in the top 5 of rushing and that was the point

try again :(

I knew you'd mention the 'Brady' factor. <_<

The facts are that Bledsoe at QB had the Patriots being perenial doormats.  The were considered one of the worst teams in the NFL.  Yes Brady is a champion, but Bledsoe showed absolutely nothing with that team.  The dropoff from Bledsoe to Brady was 5-11 to Superbowl win.  Bledsoe had lost the first 2 games of 2001 before getting injured.

815053[/snapback]

Refer to where I said that I dont believe Bledsoe is great ... just gets more slack than what he deserves.

People are willing to make a billion excuses for Losman (whom I do like) and none for Bledsoe. Give me a break.

Listen. Im certainly not saying that Bledsoe is a great QB. Im simply saying is that he is not as bad as people make him out to seem. Lets face it. Mike Vick would have gotten a safety behind that Dallas line. Bledsoe snapped the ball and had about 1.3 seconds to make a decision. Any QB would have gotten sacked.

Now lets look at the statue comment. Their are many other "statues" in this league that are/were very good ... but they have decent lines. Carson Palmer, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning ... etc Heck even Tom Brady.

815054[/snapback]

There is a difference between a statue(Bledsoe) & a QB who does not have good mobility(Marino). Marino had supreme pocket awareness & could avoid sacks with minor moves.

*Brady has IMO quite decent mobility*

I'll raise you one more, guess who is number 2 in the NFL in rushing yds. per game?

A) Buffalo

B) Dallas

hint...it's not Buffalo.

815060[/snapback]

Still not getting the point ... are you?

There is a difference between a statue(Bledsoe) & a QB who does not have good mobility(Marino).  Marino had supreme pocket awareness & could avoid sacks with minor moves.

*Brady has IMO quite decent mobility*

815064[/snapback]

How about Manning? He is a statue .... I believe they carve him before every game.

I have always liked it since I was young ...

try again  <_<

Refer to where I said that I dont believe Bledsoe is great ... just gets more slack than what he deserves.

People are willing to make a billion excuses for Losman (whom I do like) and none for Bledsoe. Give me a break.

815062[/snapback]

Enough. Bledsoe's career is over. When he had the time to throw, he still threw the stupid pick. He has world class receivers, a world class coach and a strong defence. Now seriously, Losman is young, and the jury is still out but it's not looking good. Bledsoe's verdict has been decided and his appeals have run out.

I'm curious where do the bills rank in redzone opportunities. Hell when was the last time we've been inside an opponents 10 yard line?

815061[/snapback]

Honestly, its gotta be too depressing to look up. But, I'm sure the announcers for the Green Bay game will be happy to tell you.

815062[/snapback]

No YOUR point was that Dallas had a sh*tty offensive line. Have you already forgotten that? Or are you trying to backpedal?

MY point was that you are completely wrong. Dallas is a dominant rushing team, who is at the top of all rushing categories. Tony Romo comes in and is sacked HALF the times as Drew Bledsoe with more than TWICE the attempts.

Yeah it's probably the offensive line that sucks.

Listen. Im certainly not saying that Bledsoe is a great QB. Im simply saying is that he is not as bad as people make him out to seem.

815054[/snapback]

How bad are people making him out to be????

Most posts I see on him(apart from the emotional "he's a bum" posts simply say that he is well past his prime & that he is perhaps a decent QB who becomes a bad/game losing QB behind a below average OL.

If you think others are saying otherwise......respond to them as such.

Don't respond to my posts as if I am one of those people.

If you are "simply" saying that he is not as bad as people make him out to seem.......

why not "simply" say that????? <_<

No YOUR point was that Dallas had a sh*tty offensive line.  Have you already forgotten that?  Or are you trying to backpedal?

MY point was that you are completely wrong.  Dallas is a dominant rushing team, who is at the top of all rushing categories.  Tony Romo comes in and is sacked HALF the times as Drew Bledsoe with more than TWICE the attempts.

815069[/snapback]

Yet he throws just as many ugly passes. Jerry Jones and Parcells really missed the boat on this one.

This Drew Bledsoe is not the same bledsoe who came into the league. Bledsoe from 93-99 gad 3,921 pass attempts and was sacked 212 times or once every 18 pass attempts from 2000-2006 bledsoe has thrown 2360 passes and been sacked 251 times or once every 9 pass attempts. He's actually cut down on his int's throwing 123 from 93-99 and only 82 from 2000-2006. His fumbles have naturally gone up with being sacked more often. He no longer has the field awareness he had in his younger days, probably from being hit so damn much. He was a talented qb who just never worked to improve his game, and over time has just naturally regressed.

Enough.  Bledsoe's career is over.  When he had the time to throw, he still threw the stupid pick.  He has world class receivers, a world class coach and a strong defence.  Now seriously, Losman is young, and the jury is still out but it's not looking good.  Bledsoe's verdict has been decided and his appeals have run out.

815066[/snapback]

No YOUR point was that Dallas had a sh*tty offensive line.  Have you already forgotten that?  Or are you trying to backpedal?

MY point was that you are completely wrong.  Dallas is a dominant rushing team, who is at the top of all rushing categories.  Tony Romo comes in and is sacked HALF the times as Drew Bledsoe with more than TWICE the attempts.

815069[/snapback]

No my point was that you can have a good running line and a bad pass-blocking line. Thus look at the Bills. Not matter how McGahee got the yards, he is STILL in the top 5 in the league ... yet JP routinely has little time to throw. Thus my point. You can have a good running line (or just a darn good running back), and a bad-blocking line.

BTW: The more mobile Tony Romo has been intercepted once because of immediate pressure, and sacked twice in 2 quarters of play ...

Question: Did you watch that safety play?