What do we need to address in the draft?

I'll give you that the offensive line played pretty well for the second half of 2004. In the first half it was . . . well, let's just call it a work in progress.

I do take issue with your statement that "most of those years we've had at least an average OL." Take Fina for example. I remember hearing about how the Bills used a rating service for its own players. Fina's rating was mentioned, which I think was like 20th or 24th best LT in the league. Somewhere in there. Maybe he was average or better in his prime, but that was a long time ago.

You mention Brown, and that's fair enough. But he was only one guy. If you look at the Bills' line from center on over, you had players like Ostrosky, Lacina, Nails, Louchiey.  You had them starting.

So the Bills' line generally had a below average LT, a good RG, and lots of backup-quality players and turnover at the other three positions. Not exactly a recipe for success.

818269[/snapback]

I totally disagree with Fina.....but perhaps you are an example to the point I made in that many fans will under-value the talent of the decent players we have. Fina, near the finish could well have dropped to the bottom half of his possition but was certainly a decent LT for 4 years of the last decade. Jonas Jennings was also a decent LT for most of the rest of the decade in question.

I agree that we have not had a dominant OL in the last 10 years(2004maybe?) but what I said was that most of the years we were 'average'...'OK'....'not bad'. Certainly a lot better than last year & this year(so far).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic